It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the Christians think they are always right?.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Its so funny how every time you debunk their mythical place called heaven and their king "god"

they come out with new fake evidence to debunk YOU

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

I don't expect this thread to provide any new answers but what I always find interesting if when people simply reply with answers like "I know God exists...." or "Christianity is definitely real" but fail to provide any supporting evidence apart from their own anecdotal experiences.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatAppleKing
Its so funny how every time you debunk their mythical place called heaven and their king "god"

Ah yes, a seriously arrogant thread for a seriously arrogant belief system and I don't mean the Christians.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think you are only looking at Christians in this matter but all religious folk of all religions believe they are right....hence the conflict.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
I think you are only looking at Christians in this matter but all religious folk of all religions believe they are right....hence the conflict.

I was going to mention the same thing

Most religious types are like the majority of martial artist's, they only believe their art is the most effective!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just so you know, we don't think we always right. I don't know how right I am about very much. We have a belief system that give us direction on how to live, what's happened in the past(provable) and what we feel will happen in the future(faith) I personally believe it very strongly. That doesn't mean I am always right.

What you or anyone else haven't done is debunk what we believe about anything scriptural. You can't debunk what you cannot disprove.

Just a question, why is so important for you to try and debunk anything that has to do with God or spirituality? Maybe Fear?? Not anything to fear here.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

It's called faith... LOL.

who knows what to believe nowadays tho

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

If you are serious in your question you need to study many things.
You might start with looking into memetics, the nature of ideas and belief systems.
You could continue with a study of neurology and the physical manner in which the human brain functions.
You might cross reference the things you wonder about Christian belief with any number of other religious perspectives, scientific perspectives, political perspectives (etc) that are also so monolithic in their approach to understanding their existence.

And besides, a main tenant of that religion is simply right and wrong. God or the devil. Heaven or Hell.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
Just so you know, we don't think we always right. I don't know how right I am about very much. We have a belief system that give us direction on how to live, what's happened in the past(provable) and what we feel will happen in the future(faith) I personally believe it very strongly. That doesn't mean I am always right.

What you or anyone else haven't done is debunk what we believe about anything scriptural. You can't debunk what you cannot disprove.

Just a question, why is so important for you to try and debunk anything that has to do with God or spirituality? Maybe Fear?? Not anything to fear here.

It's like anything I suppose, you have different types of people; it's refreshing to see you recognise your belief in Christianity is just that...a belief.

I can't speak for the OP but I don't believe he was directing his little rant at all Christian's, if that's indeed what he was doing then that's extremely narrow minded. Personally, I think everyone is entitled to their beliefs but it winds me up considerably when I see someone engaged in a Faith which they proclaim has to be correct - simply because they believe in it..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

It's called faith... LOL.

who knows what to believe nowadays tho

Yes, I know it's called faith.

The point I'm making is that faith doesn't equal fact.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
why do you think Christian think they are always right?

you are obviously wrong...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

FYi im not religious, but also just cause you "can" debunk something doesnt mean its right... goes for lots of things...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Do you understand what the word 'faith' means?

Faith

you can't believe in something and think you're wrong at the same time!

it's an oxy, moron.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
trolling for responses you are (Yoda voice)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Sorry your "debunking" means NOTHING to me. This is a FAITH based belief, something the anti-Christians can't seem to wrap their heads around.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Why do the non-Christians think they are always right? Why do they daily complain about Christians posting their beliefs on this site and ask for us to stop and then post something like this just to draw us in? Why don't you stop pushing your philosophies on us as well? You ask for us to stop pushing our beliefs when you see a post about anything remotely religious. Maybe those posts are intended for a specific audience. But these posts are directed to Christians. Seems a double standard to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

How about this?

We(Christians) believe we are correct. That's my personal opinion. If I believe it to be correct and I'm wrong, what have I lost? If you believe my belief system to be incorrect and you are wrong--what have you lost? I think or my opinion is that you would loose more than I would loose. All of this for arguments sake, I guess. I will not try and change your system of belief if you don't try and change mine.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Sorry your "debunking" means NOTHING to me. This is a FAITH based belief, something the anti-Christians can't seem to wrap their heads around.

I think the OP is directing his thoughts against those who try to present their faith as scientific fact

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Please state the source used to "debunk" Heaven and/or God. Oh wait I forgot there IS NO proof or source.....

All I know is that PEOPLE/PLACES/ITEMS/EVENTS from the Bible have been FACTUALLY proven such as them finding (what is believed to BE) Noah's Ark near MT. Ararat in Turkey,cities that were mentioned along with people in the Bible that ACTUALLY existed.

Whether you believe or not doesn't dismiss the fact that the Bible has to many provable things to simply dismiss it as fiction. The majority of Christians I KNOW are seekers, they look for And study many ideas and gain a familiarity with the beliefs and workings of most religions to better understand Christianity.

I am a Christian as are my entire family we aren't always right nor do we claim to be, people such as yourself just like to stir up controversy with topics like this.

I will be the first to admit that the Bible has been touched by human hands to many times to be taken as 100% undeniable truth, the KJV was translated in 1611, along with the many other translations it is an obvious point that it is not 100% fact.

But there IS enough there that is correct that if youwere to read the Bible and I mean REALLY read it and study for yourself and compare it to and study other religions it would change you and your ideas about Christians and Christianity.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I had this experience with my wife last night involving prayers. She says the only reason why I got my current job was because she prayed for it. I pointed out I got this job on my own merit and hard work alone.

She then said that God went thru her because my job would help the family but not necessarily me cause i didn't believe.

I told her her argument was circular and self fulling and did a test: I said I just prayed you won't kick my ass for showing you how stupid you sound. *few seconds go by to give her time to kick my ass* then I said: see God just answered my prayer!

I got the:" atheists can't pray cause they don't believe" line. Yes, it provided some good laughs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join