It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the Christians think they are always right?.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have a Christian co-worker who:

He tells me that the best part about being Christian is the joy and happiness that is felt when Christ is in your life. However, he walks around complaining and unhappy about EVERYTHING that shouldn't even be stressed over.

He tells me how he feels so happy about his place in Heaven, but he talks about Hell and torment more than Heaven and Love.

He tells me that a Christian should be a guiding light to others, but all he does is criticize, condemn, and chastise others that don't agree with his beliefs.

When I am in my car during break time enjoying a good philosophical or spiritual book, he always blares his car stereo as obnoxiously loud as possible with some evangelical preacher criticizing non-believers.

I tell him about Christ's teachings of love, forgiveness, and non-judgementalism.... yet he tells me he will not go around those he labels as 'bad.'

He talks Jesus, God, and Bible 24/7, however, he spends more time saturated in judgementalism, criticism, and negativity than most non-believers I know.

Yeah.... I'm tired of these kinds of Christians. If you read the 4 Gospels, Jesus didn't act this way, nor did he tell others to.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm not agreeing all christians believe they are always right, but my very religious brother just left the house a while ago after saying his final goodbyes to me because he KNOWS he's going to be raptured tonight.

Earlier on he was walking up to his room with a bowl of olive oil in his hands and I asked him what he was doing with it, and he replied with "It's a christian thing, you wouldn't understand." and continued on his way.

He's in his 20s.

. . .
edit on 26-7-2011 by FurthestStar because: agreeing instead of saying

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
To answer the OP's question: because it is a belief. Some hold it more strongly than others. It is no different than any other religion. You could make the same point by asking the same question about Atheists.

The only universal thing that connects us all throughout the ages is life and death. It is natural that we have developed religious beliefs to deal with this.

I do not try to debunk others religious beliefs. Life and death are pretty heavy topics. If someone has developed a belief that provides them with comfort, I do not feel it is my place to disturb their peace. Besides, I have no idea if my beliefs are any more correct.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I am astonished by the over whelming topic information and backing evidence

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatAppleKing
Its so funny how every time you debunk their mythical place called heaven and their king "god"

they come out with new fake evidence to debunk YOU

Debunk? Prove He doesn't exist. I know what I've seen and my faith in Jesus is firm.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Truth be told I as a Christian don't believe I'm always right in my beliefs or actions. I do believe Jesus is my only way to salvation and I need to treat my brother as myself but there are many things I am unsure of.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Watch your mother, cousin, best friend, and brother in law, wither away due to cancer and then tell me there's a god.! If he does exist he has a f*****g warped sense of humour and if I ever met him I'm more likely to smack him in the mouth for letting those I loved suffer than drop to my knee's and worship him...
Religion..! I've # it...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LemmyKautionu

What a terrible thing, sorry you had to go through that brother.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Okay, let me just start by saying that the question itself is one i've asked countless times because it isn't just their ideas about 'god' or 'jesus', it's that they have an opinion on how everything should be done "right".

Coming from jewish upbringing, through buddhism and now into something new entirely, I don't give a # what anyone believes in. I think it's a very personal choice and I think people have to make that for themselves. And that's cool with me, believe in whatever gets you off.

However, I don't understand why that somehow seeps into every aspect of how some people view others. How people dress, act, live their lives, is all judged through this 'god' filter and it becomes seriously absurd at times, since there is very little evidence for the belief system in the first place.

-wooo. rant over. But yeah. The question isn't just why do christians think they're right. It's why does any extreme religious person randomly believe they're right? Muslims, Christians, Catholics, it's all the same mindset of "i'm right, you're a sinner".

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
You are limiting yourself far too much, it is not just Christianity and not even just religions in general. All people, including Atheists, seem to have this firm belief that they and what they believe are the only ones right.

The fact is there is no evidence of god just as there is no evidence to prove that he does not exist. Atheists swear up and down that there is no god based only on their assumptions and beliefs just as religous people swear up and down that there is a god based on their assumptions and beliefs.

There is no proof either way so technically both relgions and atheists are faith based. We are far from proving anything either way, far from learning any of the real secrets of the universe. We may pick up bits and pieces but we know so little right now and will remain basically ignorant for many hundreds of years (if not thousands of years).

A belief in god in itself is not bad nor does it have to go against science. Why berate or try and belittle people with faith when generally all faiths have the same basic beliefs that all people should be treated with kindness and compasion. Personally I have problems with pretty much any religion in general due to the fact that all have been run by people throughout history and at any point in time people in charge would twist beliefs to fit their own personal beliefs, prejudices and/or hatreds. Of course that doesn't mean anyone involved in an organized religion is bad, many people in religions try to live their lives right and treat others well. There will always be hypocrites that make everyone else look bad but saying everyone in a religion is bad (or stupid for their beliefs) is basically the same as being racist. Lumping many people together in one group and labelling them all the same is ignorant at best and racist at worst.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

Provide some evidence to your claim and maybe your OP will make some headway. And no, Christians are not always right, you maybe just think they do, or hear it from the arrogant people around you. Christians are wrong as much as other people, including myself. But the difference between myself and a Christian, when im proven wrong, ill admit it and change my answer. Christians are just plain hypocrites, saying things like "The name of the Heavenly Father doesnt matter, or its all about your heart". And when you prove to them the Name of our Heavenly Father Yahuwah is important, they just dont care to change anyhow. Shows where their 'heart' really is, in their pride.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
Do you understand what the word 'faith' means?

Faith

you can't believe in something and think you're wrong at the same time!

it's an oxy, moron.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

Faith:
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
dictionary.reference.com...

In Christianity, it is blind Faith.

I too have ran into this many times in my life, Christians know everything, Sinners know nothing. The Bible is the only truth, everything else is a lie. When I channel Jesus it is real, when you channel an ET is is Satan in disguise. All ET beings are Satan's Demonic Army.

What is going on here is quite simple. People are waking up, becoming more and more knowledgeable is every aspect. They are tired of giving lip service to an unseen and unknown entity that does nothing for them. Book Religion is coming into it's death throes. History is proving a lot of what they believe is wrong. Jesus was supposed to come back a long time ago, he never did.

I have a brother who lives in Michigan, he was a minister there for many years. Recently he read several books on the Sumerian people and culture, and the Annunaki, and he quit. Now he is working as a mechanic in a service garage, and say he will never go to church again as long as he lives. Bet he is not alone, either.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by XJMatt

Please state the source used to "debunk" Heaven and/or God. Oh wait I forgot there IS NO proof or source.....

Post your proof that there is Heaven and God. Oh, yeah, there isn't any. The only history of a God or Gods is in history, and they sure look like ETs to everyone except Christians. Even our DNA is not all of this Earth, how do you explain that?
It is all speculation.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
I have a Christian co-worker who:

He tells me that the best part about being Christian is the joy and happiness that is felt when Christ is in your life. However, he walks around complaining and unhappy about EVERYTHING that shouldn't even be stressed over.

He tells me how he feels so happy about his place in Heaven, but he talks about Hell and torment more than Heaven and Love.

He tells me that a Christian should be a guiding light to others, but all he does is criticize, condemn, and chastise others that don't agree with his beliefs.

When I am in my car during break time enjoying a good philosophical or spiritual book, he always blares his car stereo as obnoxiously loud as possible with some evangelical preacher criticizing non-believers.

I tell him about Christ's teachings of love, forgiveness, and non-judgementalism.... yet he tells me he will not go around those he labels as 'bad.'

He talks Jesus, God, and Bible 24/7, however, he spends more time saturated in judgementalism, criticism, and negativity than most non-believers I know.

Yeah.... I'm tired of these kinds of Christians. If you read the 4 Gospels, Jesus didn't act this way, nor did he tell others to.

A mighty Right ON! friend. I live in a town full of them. They talk about Demons and Satan more than they talk about anything else. They complain that they are unable to argue everyone into their cult. I have a neighbor who has a son my son's age, they go to school together, my son goes to play at his house. The boy is not allowed in my house, because we are not Christians. Their computer got a virus. I have a shop next door, and offered them a discount. They drove over 200 miles both ways, and paid three times what I would charge, because they wanted a Christian to fix it. Sad, really sad.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
simple, christians have a real experience with a real God. they believe in the bible which is the word of God written by man under the annointing of God himself we know what we have, not all will accept it on earth but in the end it says every knee shall bow and every tounge confess that jesus christ is lord, better to confess now and save ourselves from a devils hell than find out after it is too late. hope this has cleared up some things.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatAppleKing
Its so funny how every time you debunk their mythical place called heaven and their king "god"
they come out with new fake evidence to debunk YOU

I've most certainly never seen anyone offer reasonable evidence that debunks the existence of Heaven or God, so I'm just going to pass on this post as a non-starter.

Originally posted by Death_Kron
It's like anything I suppose, you have different types of people; it's refreshing to see you recognise your belief in Christianity is just that...a belief.

First you have to understand that there are legions of "Christians" out there that are walking around with that label attached to themselves for various reasons. They're not seekers of truth, they are happy to burp up whatever someone has told them in church. They spread a lot of hatred and misinformation. But there's another type of Christian of which there are quite a few on ATS and even in this thread that are seekers of truth, and have continuing intensely personal relationships with the Lord that transcend mere belief. Unfortunately most of us can't explain the how and why of it to a non-believer, all we can say is you simply do not know what you're talking about when you say it's just a "belief". Likewise I can tell you I love my wife dearly and you can say "oh you just 'believe' that, it's not really true", of course you would be wrong but I can't give you a piece of paper or photo that shows my love for her, and my attempts to describe it to you would not communicate to you the very personal nature of the truth in it.

Originally posted by LemmyKautionu
Watch your mother, cousin, best friend, and brother in law, wither away due to cancer and then tell me there's a god.! If he does exist he has a f*****g warped sense of humour and if I ever met him I'm more likely to smack him in the mouth for letting those I loved suffer than drop to my knee's and worship him...
Religion..! I've # it...

I can sympathize as I've lost a dear relative to cancer, a good friend to Aids, and another relative to an infection. Two of these I watched pass on in front of my eyes and that's a deeply emotional experience. Unfortunately death is inevitable for all of us and I've never understood why some people point to death or pain as proof of either no God or of God being evil. If one is going to say there's no God because there's pain in the world, it's just as logical to say that there is a God but He is ambivalent. And if one's going to say that God is evil because there's pain in the world, well if you're going to put belief in God on the table then you might as well open the door to the possibility that the Bible is right and there's also a Satan, and that he is the author of pain, not God. I believe what Jesus said when He said He will return to redeem the world, all the pain and suffering we're going through right now is a temporary condition that is indicative of the fallen world we live in. And whether we have cancer, whether we believe or not, whether we're rich or poor, we ALL suffer. If people didn't believe in God just because there's suffering in our lives than none of us would believe and there would be no Christians and no religions of any kind for that matter.

Most of the Christians here on ATS do not talk about Christianity unless prompted by threads like this, so if you want us to quit talking about it then quit asking

edit on 26-7-2011 by SavedOne because: typo

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

I apoligize on this lousy excuse for a christians behalf. the definition of a christian is to be christlike and that is not being it I cannot believe this man calls himself a christian. let me assure you not all christians are that way

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I would love to hear how exactly you can "debunk" heaven?

Really... i gotta hear this.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
A mighty Right ON! friend. I live in a town full of them. They talk about Demons and Satan more than they talk about anything else. They complain that they are unable to argue everyone into their cult. I have a neighbor who has a son my son's age, they go to school together, my son goes to play at his house. The boy is not allowed in my house, because we are not Christians. Their computer got a virus. I have a shop next door, and offered them a discount. They drove over 200 miles both ways, and paid three times what I would charge, because they wanted a Christian to fix it. Sad, really sad.

Sure it's sad. But you do hopefully understand that just because there are hypocritical people that call themselves Christians in the world, it is not proof that there is no God. Too many people choose not to believe simply because they are trying to protest the fundy Christian attitude in this world. Believe me, those types don't like people like me either because I don't follow what some evangelist yells from the pulpit on Sundays, I follow Jesus and He did not preach the message of hatred and separation that they are so fond of. I don't beat people over the head with a Bible, but I do encourage them to look past the hypocrisy and search out the truth for themselves. If that search leads them to non-belief, then so be it. But don't embrace non-belief just as a form of protest.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I would love to hear how exactly you can "debunk" heaven?

Really... i gotta hear this.

I agree,I have noticed that when you ask someone to 'debunk' God or Heaven the first thing they say is 'prove that they exist'.

And what happened to the OP LOL no comment since.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join