It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the Christians think they are always right?.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Mantha
I believe that God does things for His own purposes and if it's not our way then it's simply NOT OUR WAY.

Matthew 18:19 should not exist in that case. Why would he say that but then not live up to it? Again, there were no stipulations in that verse. He didn't say, "My father will do what you ask, unless he doesn't want to do it."

Perhaps the faith of those praying was not really there.
Perhaps not. But out of the hundreds that were praying for these people, you'd think there would be. If not, then I suppose there will never be enough faith to do anything, much less move a mountain.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

Yeah, you'd think there would be. But there isn't. The longer the world corrupts itself, the harder it is to believe in God's goodness, because people like you have set out on a mission to disprove the validity of God's graciousness. However you, like many other people, are only validating the word of God by rejecting it so whole-hearted, that God will have no choice but to start over again with this ridiculous planet we live on. Those that know better than God, are even too "smart" to believe in Him, have no reason to believe in morality or love. Morality as a way to protect ourselves (our temples, our bodies). You will probably claim that you have a wonderful, moral character. That may even be true. But what about all the other people out there who pursue a life of destruction? How are they apart of this bigger picture here? What can you say about the 'evil' that exists on this planet? How can we turn that evil around? Where do we go to for salvation against all the corruption this planet has? The bible predicted all of this corruption. Surely, the planet and all human nature has become much more corrupt since the bible was written. Look at the demoralization of television in the last 100 years? SERIOUSLY? You don't look at that and question what the future holds for this world? The hope that I hold onto is in my Creator. Whilst He gave me life, He also gave me historical document (the bible) to prove again and again without fail, that man's ways are NOT the way. Look at the ten commandments for example:

2 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;

3 you shall have no other gods before me.
6 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;

7 you shall have no other gods before me.
4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,

6 but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.
8 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me,

10 but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.
7 You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name. 11 You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.
8 Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy.

9 For six days you shall labour and do all your work.

10 But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and consecrated it.
12 Observe the sabbath day and keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you.

13 For six days you shall labour and do all your work.

14 But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, or your son or your daughter, or your male or female slave, or your ox or your donkey, or any of your livestock, or the resident alien in your towns, so that your male and female slave may rest as well as you.

15 Remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm; therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the sabbath day.
12 Honour your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you. 16 Honour your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
13 You shall not murder. 17 You shall not murder.
14 You shall not commit adultery. 18 Neither shall you commit adultery.
15 You shall not steal. 19 Neither shall you steal.
16 You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour. 20 Neither shall you bear false witness against your neighbour.
17 You shall not covet your neighbour’s house; you shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.

Notice the first commandment: I am GOD, the second? You shall not have any other God's before me (any shape or form). This is the beginning. If you follow THIS God that gives you THESE commandments and believe in Him, following the rest of His commandments should be simple. Take a look at those commandments...what's not to honor about those commandments? Isn't much of the grief we face today because of all of those commandments being broken? All the grief in it's entirety, can be summed up as follows: 1) People have a hard time wrapping their minds around the existence of a loving God, based on the actions of their fellow human being, who has caused the corruption (with the help of Satan) from the beginning. 2) Because people would much rather cop out and blame God for all of their strife, they do not allow God into their hearts and minds, and instead--live life according to the way they see fit. Corrupting themselves and those around them. 3) In all this, we see the absence of love. People are entirely lovers of themselves, as 2 Timothy 2 states:" People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy."

BUT there is grace. Jesus came and died at a sacrifice, and showed us the proper way to live and to love. Jesus had many wise and wonderful things to say. I will list some here:

1) You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? (Matthew 5:43-47 )
2)So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. (Matthew 6:34)
3)Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets. (Matthew 7:12)
4)Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?”
Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:36-40)
5)“You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:42-45)
6)Then, calling the crowd to join his disciples, he said, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul? If anyone is ashamed of me and my message in these adulterous and sinful days, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.” (Mark 8:34-38)
7)My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.” (John 18:36)
8)For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. (John 3:16-17)
9)And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-10)
10)Then the high priest said to him, “I demand in the name of the living God—tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”
Jesus replied, “You have said it. And in the future you will see the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God’s right hand and coming on the clouds of heaven.” (Matthew 26:63-64)

Were you amongst the people there praying for that child's life? Did you honestly believe that God would save that child? No. That's why you're here on this site today trying so hard to disprove the validity of God's existence, because you yourself have never felt Him nor seen His glory. You doubted Him from the very beginning--if you'd ever admit that honestly. How did it all start? One bad experience after another for you in your life? Instead of leaning on God, you fell away from Him, leaned on your own miniscule understanding of life, and cursed Him and blamed Him for all of sin around you. It's a grotesque disease--sin is. God is here and He is to be sought. "Everyone who seeks finds"....it's just a matter of seeking.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things

THAT IS GOD. And believe it or not, any amount of love you have ever hoped to imagine in your life, is not sufficient in comparison to the love of our Creator.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Well, I know one thing for certain, there are many things here on Earth that are much older than 10,000 years. And using circular logic will only run you in circles, friend.

What do you believe in?

Many things you would never understand, friend. For one, I believe in myself, I know my Spirit is of Divine origin, and I believe that I know what I am doing, at least most of the time. I believe that I have accumulated a great deal of knowledge, some from the many books I have read over my long life, and some from supernatural means, that again you probably would not understand.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Well, I know one thing for certain, there are many things here on Earth that are much older than 10,000 years. And using circular logic will only run you in circles, friend.

You have stated that you """KNOW""" for certain, yet if it is not dated and documented when it was made for created you can not know for certain but must assume with blind faith that you believe the ones that have dated it with flawed dating methods that assume they work.

Why we date the fossils by the layer of rock we found them in and we date the rock by the fossils found in them.

Leaching never takes place in the world of the atheist.

No dating method is used to discover the age, only done until it comes up with the age that they need to support their ideals

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mantha

Yeah, you'd think there would be. But there isn't. The longer the world corrupts itself, the harder it is to believe in God's goodness

That is all that is needed to respond to

Why do you blame our corruptness on God who is Good.

We were created for his pleasure and were to serve him alone, not ourselves not Satan.

You believe because the world is corrupt that God can not be good is a denial of your own transgressions.

Have you ever lied, stolen, or even thought of killing or adultery, all of those are against what God wants for us.

Do you speed over ten miles and hour over the limit, does taking something from your place of work with out asking seem ok to you? Is telling some one that you like something even though you do not OK?

Why is our freewill choices God's fault??

He created you and loves you and wishes you to chose Him and with that choice to not be corrupt and to abhor that which is corrupt and to speak out against everything that is corrupt.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

You wrote:

["We were created for his pleasure and were to serve him alone, not ourselves not Satan."]

The ultimate circle-argument FOR a self-proclaimed authoritarian system.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

You wrote:

["We were created for his pleasure and were to serve him alone, not ourselves not Satan."]

The ultimate circle-argument FOR a self-proclaimed authoritarian system.

Yeah......I do not like this quote.
Its like saying we are a toy! We were not made for his pleasure. Come on now.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join