It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the Christians think they are always right?.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by Death_Kron

How about this?

We(Christians) believe we are correct. That's my personal opinion. If I believe it to be correct and I'm wrong, what have I lost? If you believe my belief system to be incorrect and you are wrong--what have you lost? I think or my opinion is that you would loose more than I would loose. All of this for arguments sake, I guess. I will not try and change your system of belief if you don't try and change mine.

Which is far enough, but again (only guessing here) I presume the OP is talking about Christians who do attempt to belittle non Christians and convince them they are wrong.

I'm not the OP here, just adding my thoughts but faith isn't based on scientific evidence, usually as a man of reason and logic I personally find it difficult to believe in certain subjects without some sort of logical conclusion.

But then again, sometimes logic becomes illogically, at the end of the day the point I'm trying to make is that no one is right or wrong here - it's simply about who can make the stronger case, but that's still not conclusive.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

Whether you believe this or not is ok with me. I had to share this....

Prayer has been proven time and time again to work. You take the collective energy and it manifests. I have seen the power of prayer work in my own life.

Do not debunk something without the full knowledge do so.

None of us have the knowledge needed to prove one way or another but one can look at history and the stories that have been passed on to get an idea of the Absolute of Truth.

I could say much more but I will leave it at that for now.

Peace and love to you and yours!!!!! xoxox

Jenn

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I can't speak for others obviously, but what "sealed the deal" for me was the ridiculous accuracy and probability of prophecy written hundreds and thousands of years in advance as well as the heptadic structures underlining the text itself. But I'm sure everyone else has their reasons.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There is a thread like this everyday on this site:
Why do christians always think they are right?
Why can't christians raise the dead?
PROOF the the bible is falliable!!!
GOD is a murdering psychopath!!!

It is all nonsense, inflammatory, and provoking drivel.

And yet these same posters are the ones crying that we leave them alone with our religious posts.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That's what my wife was telling me but I asked her if it was just coincidence or not? Prayers are answered or not. It seems self fulfilling to me. I was arguing with my wife so I was going to lose regardless. Lol

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The Pope is Infallable!!!!!!!!!

What is that? Not all Christians are Catholic and not all Christians take the Bible "litterally."

There are ingnorant and stubborn people in all walks of life. Look at politics. Some people religously abide by "party lines" even if it leads them to hell in a handbag. Some crazy politicing going on right now, seriously.

When I was young, growing up in a Holy Roller church, I was taught:
America is THE BEST country in world because, we've got the bomb! (really!)
All asians, catholics, jews, etc., are going to hell, and we have the right to kill them. (Viet Nam)
Rock and Roll is a Communist plot to take over America's youth.
Simon and Garfunkle are going to hell.
Rejoice when you see terror, war, disease, famine, because the end is near! Halleluja!
Don't ask questions, God doesn't like it when you do.
Jesus is coming and he may leave you behind, and you won't even know why.
ad infinity stupidity.......

I have long since left that facist mindset. That is not to say I don't thrive on a spiritual relationship with my personal "holy spirit." I wouldn't even try to explain it to someone unwilling to listen. Everybody has their own quest for understanding and belonging.

I come here to ATS to find kindred spirits. I know some people come to debate, and I like a good debate now and then, but some subjects never get anywhere. Subjects like abortion and religion always windup getting mean and trolly.

Anyway, my 2 cents........

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by MamaJ

That's what my wife was telling me but I asked her if it was just coincidence or not? Prayers are answered or not. It seems self fulfilling to me. I was arguing with my wife so I was going to lose regardless. Lol

Now that's truth.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by Death_Kron

How about this?

We(Christians) believe we are correct. That's my personal opinion. If I believe it to be correct and I'm wrong, what have I lost? If you believe my belief system to be incorrect and you are wrong--what have you lost? I think or my opinion is that you would loose more than I would loose. All of this for arguments sake, I guess. I will not try and change your system of belief if you don't try and change mine.

Which is far enough, but again (only guessing here) I presume the OP is talking about Christians who do attempt to belittle non Christians and convince them they are wrong.

I'm not the OP here, just adding my thoughts but faith isn't based on scientific evidence, usually as a man of reason and logic I personally find it difficult to believe in certain subjects without some sort of logical conclusion.

But then again, sometimes logic becomes illogically, at the end of the day the point I'm trying to make is that no one is right or wrong here - it's simply about who can make the stronger case, but that's still not conclusive.

I have been belittled by Christians and Atheists.

For the non believer to hear of a belief system is out of the question.

For the "Christian" to believe in a non Religion label is out of the question.

Be who you want to be after seeking Truth in all Religions and Atheism. Be who you want to be when you have combined all Knowledge past and present to come up with a Truth of some sort. Then....combine all that with what we know in not only History but also take a good long look at the Heavens and then come back to tell me how you have grown in Truth. Only then can you get the Bigger Picture. IMO.

Bashing someone for not being like you is ego talking. Step back and love one another for their differences and learn from others.....believer or non believer...learn and take what you want...leave what you fear or do not want. Its that simple.

I am merely talking out loud here and only replied to you after seeing the belittle comment.
I am not directing this post solely to anyone...just speaking out loud in a sense.

I once believed a certain way as I have grown in knowledge I now believe in a literal and eternal Hell. This is where the "saving" comes into play for a Christian because they too believe in it and.....who wants to go there? No one.

Why do I now believe in a hell? Its a very long story and journey.....and I would need my own thread for such. The proof is out there and please do not mistake this existence as a most positive one....this Planet reeks of evil.

Look around and you not only see it...you feel it.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

When I was young, growing up in a Holy Roller church, I was taught:
America is THE BEST country in world because, we've got the bomb! (really!)
All asians, catholics, jews, etc., are going to hell, and we have the right to kill them. (Viet Nam)
Rock and Roll is a Communist plot to take over America's youth.
Simon and Garfunkle are going to hell.
Rejoice when you see terror, war, disease, famine, because the end is near! Halleluja!
Don't ask questions, God doesn't like it when you do.
Jesus is coming and he may leave you behind, and you won't even know why.

Yeah, Jesus warned there would be false teachers and wolves in sheep's clothing. Anyone could quickly see those teachings were nowhere in the Bible. It's funny, religious people think that since they own a Bible they get to keep writing verses in it.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

For the "Christian" to believe in a non Religion label is out of the question.

Really? Ever notice the link in my sig?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yes I have seen it....and feel even closer to you because of it. A sense...that others feel as I do. The love is there my friend.

Labels hurt and separate. I want us all to have peace and firmly believe that Jesus wants the same.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Yes I have seen it....and feel even closer to you because of it. A sense...that others feel as I do. The love is there my friend.

Labels hurt and separate. I want us all to have peace and firmly believe that Jesus wants the same.

Amen. Religious people don't grasp the concept that Jesus was the most anti-religious person to ever walk the Earth.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Your question is simplistic and represents what you are criticizing. A simplistic answer would be for the same reason Muslims, Jews, atheists, Wiccans, and Contactees believe they are always right. People "believe" because of how and when they were taught. Information presented to them at a crucial age formed the basis of their belief system. You are not immune. You have one, too. It's really a classic case of the blind men describing an elephant. You have hold of the trunk and reject the explanation from the guy who has hold of the tail.

I am of the opinion that Christians (and others) who act arrogantly are also being simplistic. They are not well versed in the tenants of their own religion and often believe things at face value with out understanding too deeply. So when you hear someone proclaim that the earth was made in 4004 BC at 10:00 am on October 23rd, or that Noah's Flood was a literal event, those things are pretty easy to debunk. But debunking their face value is as simplistic as believing them literally. You have to accept the stories literally before you can debunk them, and by so doing you miss the points of the stories entirely. When you peel back the layers of these myths, there are some fascinating truths to behold.

In many seminaries today there is a much more realistic attitude about Christianity than is found in typical church goers or their critics. If you get a seminarian in a good and private mood, he will tell you all about the New Testament, in which God is in a much better mood. He will tell you that Jesus was a charismatic man with a message. He might even admit that Mary Magdalene got a bad rap. But when that seminarian becomes ordained, his job is not to explode all the mythological balloons, but of a much different nature altogether.

I happen to believe there is a greater truth. Too many people have seen it. We all will, in good time, confront that truth, probably through the lens of our own beliefs. If you believe in Jesus, you'll see him. If you believe in Allah, you'll see him. You'll see what you want to see. The really interesting thing will be how your typical atheist and rationalist reacts when he discovers he's been 100% wrong all these years. I'd like to see that. That would be fun to watch.
edit on 7/26/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

How can I get THAT video as my signature too??????

I LOVE THE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO FUNNY!

"Christians/ RELIGIONS" are NOT something Jesus preached. Thank God!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Its because they have club meetings every Sunday to reinforce their certitude.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

How can I get THAT video as my signature too??????

I LOVE THE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO FUNNY!

"Christians/ RELIGIONS" are NOT something Jesus preached. Thank God!

Which video hun? The "Religion" one?

Well, Christ surely never taught religion. He mocked the scribes and the pharisees. But the term "Christian" originated as a derogatory label the Jewish authorities gave followers of Jesus. We followers adopted it as a badge of honor.

edit on 26-7-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Its because they have club meetings every Sunday to reinforce their certitude.

Not true. We also gather on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

edit on 26-7-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

and Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, as well as Fridays -where I come from it's cornbread and chicken, everyday the sun doth shine
(though awefully strengthy these days in the southwestnortheastern regions)

badge of honor thats a good one

to add

"Christian" derives from the Greek Χριστός (christos)— word Christ, a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Mašíaḥ, messiah) term Messiah, meaning "[one who is] anointed."

Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
1Peter4

knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus
Galatians3

For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it.
Romans14

For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
Hebrews4

But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
1Corinthians15

And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
Revelation20
biblos.com...

edit on 26-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
always right, correct

what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
Ephesians1

even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 2

“Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”
Acts7

And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are one.”
John10

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans8

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Matthew18
www.biblegateway.com...

edit on 26-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I understand how it came to be....and wish not to be a part of it. Thats me though. Just not into the labels.

Yes...love the video that related to this topic ....Religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join