It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku the real mystery...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

It's very interesting that the majority of cultures in the Americas, both north and south, in some way venerated a feathered serpent. I understand worshipping a rain god but why worship a snake god? It might have something to do with their underworld mythology. Snakes are known to be underground dwellers. I figure serpent worship was very common before the domination of Christianity and Islam.

I still believe some catastrophic event happened somewhere in the Americas which set back the advancements of those cultures, just as Slayer suggested about the ruins of the Olmecs and of Puma Punku. Some terrible event must have cracked all those giant stones.

I found a very interesting detail on the net about ancient Axum. The Ethiopians have a myth that says a dragon ruled the realm of Axum in which the people had to pay tribute. A man named Agaboz slew the dragon and they made him king. Sounds a little like the myth of George and the dragon. If it has any basis of truth I would guess the dragon was a very large boa or python which they fed to appease the god of the underworld.

Is there anyone on ATS that knows more about Ethiopian mythology which could elaborate on the story of king Agaboz?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Everything you think you know about these ancient sites are incorrect. If you are going to comment on what they are, please tell us first who build them and how they were build. Describe in detail how they were build then you can start throwing theories around.

Same for the Great Pyramid of Giza.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

How can people claim to know what these sites are and how build them if they don't know how they were constructed? Until someone provides us with a convincing theory on how they were constructed, everything we think we know about these sites are just speculation.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
One of the best researched posts I have seen. Thank you

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Your photographs are wonderful. My husband's been in manufacturing for twenty plus years. The photgraphic images say factory to me. Melting and forming of metals to build the A****s people's space ship? I know you didn't want us to say that, but plain as day Puma Pumka looks like a left over factory molding parts. All those rocks are cut with a precision and grace greater than or equal to today's modern rock carving works. The Tiahuanaco temple looks like a UFO landing site and/ or stargate door. It is very sophisticated looking compared to Stone Henge which I have personally seen. I also have stood on the top of the sun pyramid at Teowahuacan in Mexico. That is a primitive pyramid compared to Peru's buildings. The rocks are fitted together with such precision. I think they should look for metal spill leftovers. The Nacas lines were suggested to be the mining area on ancient aliens, so this is where the factory got it's metals. Anybody who has seen or believes in UFOs is going to think the higher beings did this. After all if Bolivia/ Peru were so advanced there would be more places
today exhibiting this superior technology and society...
I am unable to see it any other way.
edit on 17-8-2011 by frugal because: sp

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by phfaty

How can people claim to know what these sites are and how build them if they don't know how they were constructed?

I never made claims on that matter...

Until someone provides us with a convincing theory on how they were constructed, everything we think we know about these sites are just speculation.

That's exactly what this thread was about.
The "Speculation part" was what the threads thrust was about. I took the known history and speculated on the rest. This is how we move outside the box.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by phfaty
How can people claim to know what these sites are and how build them if they don't know how they were constructed? Until someone provides us with a convincing theory on how they were constructed, everything we think we know about these sites are just speculation.

Obviously, they know the site was part of a settlement because of the extensive agriculture/irrigation works that are located there.

How they were built is also obvious. Stones were carved and stacked.

Next question?

Harte

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Next question?

Harte

Maybe some parts were not stacked with single stones but carved from one part of solid rock, like the corners of the great pyramid was..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Loved this thread
awesome pictures
proud to give you your 40 000th stars on ATS

keep up the good work Slayer

edit on 8/19/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by anti72

Originally posted by Harte
Next question?

Harte

Maybe some parts were not stacked with single stones but carved from one part of solid rock, like the corners of the great pyramid was..

Yeah.

And maybe, just maybe, some parts are made of really, REALLY hard-frozen ice cream.

The corners of the Great Pyramid are carved blocks of limestone, just like the vast majority of the rest of the structure.

Harte

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

it seems that at least 2 corners of it are cut from a natural hill underneath:

www.youtube.com...

really.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti72
reply to post by Harte

it seems that at least 2 corners of it are cut from a natural hill underneath:

www.youtube.com...

really.

The hill is inside the pyramid. The full extent of it is not known.

I don't check a youtube link for verification, by the way.

Youtube is not a reference.

Harte

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Howdy Harte

Yep most of the hills are incorporated into pyramids but at one or more corners the 'core stones' are made up of said hill.

Kharfre's pyramid - the northwest corner was cut 10 m (33 ft) out of the rock subsoil and the southeast corner is built up

On the South side of Khufu's pyramid the base is seen to be part of the solid rock formation rising as high as twenty seven feet above ground.

Trying to find an image of those constructions............

Added later, here you go, Link to the a geological report on the pyramids Figures 9 and 15 are the clearest images
edit on 19/8/11 by Hanslune because: Added links

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
wow nice job. gave u some stars

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This thread was what accidentally brought me to this site in the first place, while searching for new info on puma punku and this seems to be one of the many interesting topics discussed here.
I´m as excited as the guy who first discovered puma punku in modern times.

Excellent work with the info and all the unique images everybody.

Ps. Ey Slayer, im waiting for that Easter Island peace now ; )

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Eniii

I'm working on it but first I have to present something a little further back in time. Which I'm working on it as I type.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

what a fantastic thread slayer
was hooked all the way thru
then you go and post the infant alien/child and blow my mind!!!
quality every time my friend

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

...how do you know i wasnt alive back then?...

Wow! Are you the Comte Saint-Germain? Or maybe the The Wandering Jew? Hehehe

...seriously - the problem with evidence is the interpretation part... for example - that photo of the infant with the elongated skull... some will interpret that as being shaped intentionally after birth... some will say its an alien baby... i say the baby was in the birth canal too long... can we all be right?... maybe...

So...they intentionally shaped the skull of a hydrocephalic alien baby after a difficult 50-hour birth?

Please note I'm not intending to be rude or mean, I just thought there was some humor here I couldn't pass up. No offense intended.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eniii
Ps. Ey Slayer, im waiting for that Easter Island peace now ; )

Pssst...

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?

Enjoy....

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Very informative my friend ,I have traveled extensively and will be going to these places this winter.
I would submit that in my travels I have found much to link some sort of a world culture that may indeed have been linked around this planet at a pre "flood" era.However as you have pointed out speculation is still at hand .And yes as these sites have been overly contaminated down through the ages it becomes a bit of a challenge as to sorting out the design to begin with.
Have you ever asked yourself why little is found regarding fossil evidence of a human nature?As you point out at the end the "odd" shaped skulls.However I am understand as you do that many sites are dated by the remains of "beings" found there and their belongings etc ,most of which are left well after these were built.
Great piece and very very informative my friend.........peace

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join