It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama will fold Again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
why sure he will, he is a puppet. GEE, sheeple.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by FrankieNinja
reply to post by inforeal

Now you folks go absolutely insane on a spend frenzy and somehow this is all the aforementioned folks fault?

Just sayin

Just saying

There you go again with that fuzzy math... Get your facts straight... first of all, I won;t even dignify your comment on President Reagan and as for the latter, CONGRESS does the spending and last time I checked, Pelosi and Co. had been on a shopping spree since 2006 (Under then President Bush) and until WE THE TEA BAGGERS, as you like to call us, stepped in, you had free reign to spend spend spend and now you want US to pay higher taxes to bail YOU out? NO EFFING WAY!

OH!

I'm not rich but even I know that the rich are carrying an unfair portion of the tax burden. That is a statistical fact.

NO CHOCOLATE PUDDIN FOR YOU TONIGHT!

y'all did go crazy on a spending frenzy

6 Trillion of the national debt is interest and service on Reagan and Bush I's spending craze

you are so innocent

awwww

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Now you folks go absolutely insane on a spend frenzy and somehow this is all the aforementioned folks fault?

Just sayin

Just saying

6 Trillion of the national debt is interest and service on Reagan and Bush I's spending craze

you are so innocent

awwww

Dude, where the F*** do you get your info? Obama and his congress has spent more in 2-1/2 years then any president in the history of the United States. How is this a Reagan or Bush problem.

And to add only Congress can spend and pass budgets. Who held the house the most in all these presidential terms? hummmmmm THE LIBS
edit on 25-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

www.taxfoundation.org...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.usdebtclock.org...

i used conservative numbers truth is they are higher gotta remember who keeps the real score.

over 65 million on social secuirty since the government stole all that money it now has to be budgeted
over 45 million on food stamps
over 25 million umemployed getting their 99 weeks of free pay.

geithner on 80 million checks a month.

feel free to dismiss any figure you want to let your fingers do the searching the numbers dont add up

and the only thing you really need to ask is " who isnt on the government dime?"
m.ibtimes.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

www.taxfoundation.org...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.usdebtclock.org...

i used conservative numbers truth is they are higher gotta remember who keeps the real score.

over 65 million on social secuirty since the government stole all that money it now has to be budgeted
over 45 million on food stamps
over 25 million umemployed getting their 99 weeks of free pay.

geithner on 80 million checks a month.

feel free to dismiss any figure you want to let your fingers do the searching the numbers dont add up

and the only thing you really need to ask is " who isnt on the government dime?"
m.ibtimes.com...

there you go Neo, hurt them with the truth. you cant find this stuff on CNN, MS'___'.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

eliminate the nanny state will save over 3 trillion dollars a year.

or is the idea elimination the military to put more people on welfare and unemployement?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

If you are saying the base line is 41% of Americans, or 41% of employed people?

Can I see the base lines while you are out scoring cherries

74,500,000 of those people are children under the age of 18

Are senior citizens over the age of 65

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

yeah its not like people who cant afford to have children shouldnt be having them its not parents or family responsibilty its the governments

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

its 41% that file dont pay income tax, so im sure the number is higher based on the people that dont file and the people that get money under the table. The IRS figure is just those who filed.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

take money from someone who doesnt even get anything out of it?

how about making 75 million americans who pay no taxes start paying them instead of stealing from people who get nothing out of it.

how about those who are on those services start paying more to them.

how about getting those 100 million people off the government dime start creating their own wealth instead of destroying others peoples wealth.

the current system is not even close to be self sustaining nickle and diming other people does not solve anything.

I have to agree with you. Until recently, I paid extremely high taxes. Then I became disabled. I had to fight for four years to get money that I put into the system from MY work. (Yet illegal aliens just walk across the border and get everything right off the bat without much of a fight.) Though I am not paying taxes now, I AGREE that we should ALL contribute. If we are all united, then we can all share in this pain a little.

Steve Forbes had it right when he proposed a 10% flat tax years ago. Even on my limited income, I think that that would be fair. Not to mention it would dissolve the IRS among other bureaucracies. I would gladly pay it to help rid us of this anchor around our neck once and for all and also have a balanced budget amendment, if not return to the gold standard. But I'm just a pee-on so what do I know...
edit on 7/25/2011 by FrankieNinja because: Forgot to mention illegal aliens taking advantage of our system

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

take money from someone who doesnt even get anything out of it?

how about making 75 million americans who pay no taxes start paying them instead of stealing from people who get nothing out of it.

how about those who are on those services start paying more to them.

how about getting those 100 million people off the government dime start creating their own wealth instead of destroying others peoples wealth.

the current system is not even close to be self sustaining nickle and diming other people does not solve anything.

I have to agree with you. Until recently, I paid extremely high taxes. Then I became disabled. I had to fight for four years to get money that I put into the system from MY work. Though I am not paying taxes now, I AGREE that we should ALL contribute.

Steve Forbes had it right when he proposed a 10% flat tax years ago. Even on my limited income, I think that that would be fair. Not to mention it would dissolve the IRS among other bureaucracies. I would gladly pay it to help rid us of this anchor around our neck once and for all and also have a balanced budget amendment, if not return to the gold standard. But I'm just a pee-on so what do I know...

with a 10% flat tax you will have everyone with "skin in the game." Right now we are about to cross the threshold of 51% of voting Americans not paying taxes. Once we hit that the majority, those not paying taxes, will be able to vote for more taxes on the working class and sit at home to collect government handouts.

Not saying all you here do that but there is a large population whose one goal in life is to cheat the system.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

another problem is those same people who have no tax liability get refunds.

and that is a huge problem in this country.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Just sayin

Just saying

you are so innocent

awwww

Dude, where the F*** do you get your info? Obama and his congress has spent more in 2-1/2 years then any president in the history of the United States. How is this a Reagan or Bush problem.

And to add only Congress can spend and pass budgets. Who held the house the most in all these presidential terms? hummmmmm THE LIBS

Pity them Camaro, they are victims of social progression in school. :LOL:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Just sayin

Just saying

you are so innocent

awwww

The same group that created the most extensive on line debt clock back in the 90's

zfacts.com...

Debt compounds and sorry it is 8 Trillion

This graph shows what happened since Oct. 1, 1981, the day Reagan started his first budget. First Reagan increased the debt by $1.9 Trillion (see for yourself). Then Bush brought that to $3.4 Trillion. Then all that started collected interest for the next 17 years, and with compounding that grew to $8.2 Trillion by Sept. 30, 2010. Clinton, Bush II and Obama are not to blame for that interest, and without it, Clinton would have paid off most of the $1 Trillion WWII debt that Reagan scared us with to get elected. And Bush II (and his supply siders) would have run up only $3.8 Trillion — not $6.1T, which is what actually happened under Bush II. (A clear proof of this with document links.)
Before the supply siders, Dems and Repubs brought the debt down relative to our income in 27 out of 35 years. The supply siders (with Reagan and the Bushes) raised it 20 out of 20 years. That's no accident.

edit on 25-7-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

its 41% that file dont pay income tax, so im sure the number is higher based on the people that dont file and the people that get money under the table. The IRS figure is just those who filed.

So you are talking about corporations and business owners who have good accountants and plenty of write offs.

I agree,

tax them!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

How is this a Reagan or Bush problem.

Reagan was the one who gave the tax breaks to the corporations and the wealthy. And Bush well little Georgie kind of forgot to keep the war on the books.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Reagan was the one who gave the tax breaks to the corporations and the wealthy. And Bush well little Georgie kind of forgot to keep the war on the books.

Not even that

America is still servicing the Reagan era debt... He was the first person to create this debt mode

181% of the combined national debt of all presidents in history was Reagans fiscal legacy

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

I agree totally that the Tea party are anti-human, selfish, lovers of the rich, and don’t really care about the deficit, since you never heard a peep out of them when Bush was incurring debt in the illegal Iraq war and his tax cuts for the rich.

But Obama has to stand up to these people and he isn’t, he is constantly bending over to them and taking it in the rear, over and over and compromising progressive democratic humanistic principles.

He has to finally draw a line in the sand and start denouncing these crazy people in the Republican Party who will bring down the country.

Look at Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy— they fought the Republicans and won. Obama doesn’t even fight . . . he just over and over yields to them.

I am going to stay on Obama's back until he gets some balls and starts fighting back

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Not even that

America is still servicing the Reagan era debt... He was the first person to create this debt mode

181% of the combined national debt of all presidents in history was Reagans fiscal legacy

that debt has sat of the books, some of it for nearly 30 years, compounding and accruing a corresponding
interest...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Of course not, but eventually we have to start making the rich pay more taxes as they were paying before the Reagan tax cuts . . . that were the beginning of the downfall of the American economy. . . . Bush’s tax cuts for the rich made it worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join