It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's call Obamas' bluff.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I started this in another thread, but didn't want to distract too much from the critical points going on here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let's call Obamas' bluff though about not getting the social security checks. Let's do what we should have been doing. Taking care of our neighbors. The sick, the elderly.
DON'T CASH THE CHECKS!!!!

Let's show the govrnment that we don't need them. Let's show the government that they are the ones that need us!

Let's show that we are charitable, giving people and that we can take care of our own without the government helping.

It's late here. Going to sleep soon. Then spending time with my son. But I will return for any questions, comments, issues, slings or arrows.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Let's show that we are charitable, giving people and that we can take care of our own without the government helping.

You cant possibly be talking about the 'wealthy' Americans being charitable!!!

They dont even want to pay a dime in taxes so how they gonna be charitable? Since they are the ONLY AMericans with money at the current time, I assume thats whom you mean would be charitable.

The wealthy are so cheap and greedy that most of them would kill their own family members if a genie popped out of a bottle and offered them 1/10 of a percent more quarterly profit!!!

Charitable, thats a laugh!!

edit on 23-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

You don't want to give, to help? To aid in people who need it?
That's fine.
Buh-bye.

Your post, sadly, speaks volumes.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

That's fine.
Buh-bye.

So you think the wealthy would be charitable?? They hate the common folks and are so greedy that they wouldnt give a single red cent to help the country out of this mess. They only give a # about themselves only.

Your thread is a JOKE, right??

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It was painfully clear when Obama said to Cantor: "Don't call my bluff", that the current POTUS is not much of a poker player.

When bluffing it is never wise to announce you are doing so. In poker there are behavioral traits that are known as "tells". A twitch of the eye, a tick of the forehead, a scrunching of the nose, a curled upper lip, all of these can be "tells" that let a keen observer better guess what the person is thinking. Apparently Obama's "tell" is his mouth, and he just tells you straight out when he's bluffing.

How much longer are we going to be told how awfully smart this man is?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I love your enthusiasm...but really I don't think Obama cares one way or another!

We all should be doing these things anyway...don't you think?

The government is only a stepping stone to disaster as history tells us...and humanity and charity should happen anyway right?

Let's just do it because it is right and hope it has an impact farther up!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

He is not talking about the wealthy. He is talking about you, and me....you know the people of this formerly great nation.

Sorry Beezer, but the nanny state owns them body and soul. Your idea is good, but there are not enough real Americans around to implement it anymore.
There are only "Nanny Statians" now.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I started this in another thread, but didn't want to distract too much from the critical points going on here.

Let's call Obamas' bluff though about not getting the social security checks. Let's do what we should have been doing. Taking care of our neighbors. The sick, the elderly.

Let's show the govrnment that we don't need them. Let's show the government that they are the ones that need us!

It's late here. Going to sleep soon. Then spending time with my son. But I will return for any questions, comments, issues, slings or arrows.

OK

so how much are you in for a week ? $200 ? $300 ? I'll pM you a few paypal accts

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
what a load of crap half this country has no tax liability and if government hadnt stolen social security in the first place paying them would not even be a problem.

i do want to call it withold those checks after hes withheld seniors cost of living raise for 2 years running and will not be getting one for the forseeable future.

the funniest part here is the left of this country is the most greedy less charitable group of individuals that live in this country.

right wingers donate more to charity than the left does and the lefts version of "charity" is holding a gun to everyones heads and steal from this because of their morality.
edit on 23-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

He is not talking about the wealthy. He is talking about you, and me....you know the people of this formerly great nation.

Sorry Beezer, but the nanny state owns them body and soul. Your idea is good, but there are not enough real Americans around to implement it anymore.
There are only "Nanny Statians" now.

SO HOW MUCH MORE do YOU and I have to give?? Arent we SCREWED ENOUGH already??

Are you serious??

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Let's call Obama's bluff, how about the Republicans? Let's call Boehners bluff too shall we? It appears that both parties in DC has a bluff to be called out on. None of them appear to have true solutions in this country, only politicial score points.

We have broken social systems in this country, reforms are needed, Democrats won't budge.

We have a bloated military budget, nearly 10 times that of Russia (with roughly the same number of soldiers), Republicans won't budge.

Libya, the patriot act? Seems like both parties are not interested in making any changes.

You spend the majority of your time attackig one segment of the DC establishment Beezer, get off it. The problem is spread all over DC, you only contribute to this political BS we're seeing right now between both parties that's not getting us anywhere.

The lot of them need to be thrown out of DC, Obama doesn't deserve to win the president, Boehner and his crew don't deserve the positions they hold, Pelosi needs to go. The lot of them, bringing this country down.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts

That's fine.
Buh-bye.

So you think the wealthy would be charitable?? They hate the common folks and are so greedy that they wouldnt give a single red cent to help the country out of this mess. They only give a # about themselves only.

Who cares. What are you going to do. What would you want to do to help a neighbor in need?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

The lot of them need to be thrown out of DC, Obama doesn't deserve to win the president, Boehner and his crew don't deserve the positions they hold, Pelosi needs to go. The lot of them, bringing this country down.

You are spot on, S.G., the whole lot of them, regardless of party affiliation, or no party affiliation, are rotten to the core. The high jinx comedy of political theater will continue as long as we all spend so much focus on it. We are the willing audience members of this nonsense, instead of simply being the free minded souls who live and act according to the dictates of our own conscious in spite of any legislation to the contrary.

Non Acquiescence is the key. Vote if you want to, enjoy the spectacle, but if any of us expect to affect real and plausible change, it will begin when each of us as individuals collectively begin refusing to acquiesce to this tyranny of bureaucrats.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

OK

so how much are you in for a week ? $200 ? $300 ? I'll pM you a few paypal accts

Fine. I'll call YOUR bluff. I'll match you. Penney for penney.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Why do we need the wealthy to take of one another?

We don't is the answer. This could very well be how the revolution starts....with a whisper.

I don't care about your ideaology, if you are in need and I can help...I will. This I pledge.

But do not mistake my kindness for a weakness or you will rue the day.

link   

We have a bloated military budget, nearly 10 times that of Russia (with roughly the same number of soldiers), Republicans won't budge.

pretty calvalier attitude considering your not putting your life on the line every single time the defense budget gets cut is putting americans lives at risk.

link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts

That's fine.
Buh-bye.

Who cares. What are you going to do. What would you want to do to help a neighbor in need?

I would bet that I do more to help others than you do based on your total lack of compassion to the lower class folks who barely get by while even working three jobs. You sound like you have the compassion of a spoiled brat judging by your posts. I bet you never gave a dime to any organization or cause to help those in poverty, have you??

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Then join me. Screw ALL politicians. Let start helping people that the government was supposed to do. To hell with the forms, the hoops people have to jump through just to feed their families.
On this thread, I'll post a letter I'm writng MY Tea Party congressman.

Frack them. Frack them all. If they don't have the stones to help peole, I sure a hell do!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

thats like talking to a brick wall far too many people think the government is suppose to be responsible for people of this country and pay everything for them from cradle to grave.

people helping one other is a foreign concept these days

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I say we really give them a message....for the next year it be really great if we could get a majority of people to not vote. Crazy? I know..something that won't happen? obviously. But could you imagine...all the polls set up and no one showing up to elect anyone? In my opinion, so far not one of them are worth a damn..not one..there is no one on the political scene right now that would vote for at all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join