It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's call Obamas' bluff.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts

I would bet that I do more to help others than you do based on your total lack of compassion to the lower class folks who barely get by while even working three jobs. You sound like you have the compassion of a spoiled brat judging by your posts. I bet you never gave a dime to any organization or cause to help those in poverty, have you??

I'm in the Army and still tithe 10% to St. Judes and I'm willing to do more.

Throwdown!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Charity should start with decent paying jobs. All these people that give to charity and have buildings named after them, do so for their own glory. Its not charity if you take so much from others, and give back a portion of it to get tax breaks to a cause of your own choosing. How about providing decent paying jobs to people, and then these people that can give to charity will not need to, nor will they have many needing a handout.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Why do we need the wealthy to take of one another?

We don't is the answer. This could very well be how the revolution starts....with a whisper.

I don't care about your ideaology, if you are in need and I can help...I will. This I pledge.

But do not mistake my kindness for a weakness or you will rue the day.

HUH?? Did you even read the reply??

It was my assumption that the OP must be talking about the wealthy here because NOBODY else in America has anything to give anymore since we have been DRAINED of just about everything. We have been drained of our present and future life. All gone. So how can WE give anything??? So he must be referring to the wealthy since we the common folks have been SHAFTED.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by beezzer

I say we really give them a message....for the next year it be really great if we could get a majority of people to not vote. Crazy? I know..something that won't happen? obviously. But could you imagine...all the polls set up and no one showing up to elect anyone? In my opinion, so far not one of them are worth a damn..not one..there is no one on the political scene right now that would vote for at all.

Why not have those that receive government checks not cash them. That'd send a better message.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I would bet that I do more to help others than you do based on your total lack of compassion to the lower class folks who barely get by while even working three jobs. You sound like you have the compassion of a spoiled brat judging by your posts. I bet you never gave a dime to any organization or cause to help those in poverty, have you??

I'm in the Army and still tithe 10% to St. Judes and I'm willing to do more.

Throwdown!

I knew I gave more. That didnt surprise me though. Whoopie for you!!

The way your posts make you out to be, someone must be forcing you to give.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Never assume. I am by no means wealthy, but I give or help when I can.

Besides, it makes me feel better about myself. That's not a bad thing. We can only do what we can, ya know?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Weak.
So you won't help people in need.
You're just reinforcing the progressive stereo-type.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

You don't want to give, to help? To aid in people who need it?
That's fine.
Buh-bye.

Your post, sadly, speaks volumes.

I am more than happy to share my bills and the time I spend clipping coupons for cheap ass food with anyone that would like any of that. What is the point of this thread? Are you saying my mom who needs her SS check should go without so you can make some kind of point about some BS Eric Cantor said?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by TDawgRex

thats like talking to a brick wall far too many people think the government is suppose to be responsible for people of this country and pay everything for them from cradle to grave.

people helping one other is a foreign concept these days

More Rush/Beck parroting!!

I work 60 hours a week and need not rely on anyone ever. My main concern with the 'government being responsible' is in regards to them paying Social Security for our retirees when they cant work any more. They paid into it, and by golly they better get it regardless of the knucklehead right wing neoconservative wealthy mouth-pieces here screaming and ranting.

Theres much better heros to look up to than Rush and Beck.

edit on 23-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Here are my thoughts....its our money...they take it out of our paychecks..that we work for...along with taxes, state and federal..why not instead fight to have a bill passed that makes Social Security optional?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

As the saying goes. I try to lead by example.

You are right though. The supposed "right" are far more charitable than the left. The IRS has proven it so. And yet, they still deny it.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crapspackle

You don't want to give, to help? To aid in people who need it?
That's fine.
Buh-bye.

Your post, sadly, speaks volumes.

I am more than happy to share my bills and the time I spend clipping coupons for cheap ass food with anyone that would like any of that. What is the point of this thread? Are you saying my mom who needs her SS check should go without so you can make some kind of point about some BS Eric Cantor said?

If you can't help your own mother, then I will. No mother should suffer.
No mother should be threatened by OBAMA either.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by neo96

As the saying goes. I try to lead by example.

You are right though. The supposed "right" are far more charitable than the left. The IRS has proven it so. And yet, they still deny it.

yea those right winger donations to the corrupt churches and televangelists who ride around in fancy cars, planes yachts, and have mansions that can house all of the homeless, is really something to brag about, eh?

They think that their donations will buy them a spot in some fairy-tale heaven. Laughable at best.

If thats worthy donations to brag about, than I am glad to not be one of them!!!

edit on 23-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by beezzer

Here are my thoughts....its our money...they take it out of our paychecks..that we work for...along with taxes, state and federal..why not instead fight to have a bill passed that makes Social Security optional?

I agree. But what can we do RIGHT NOW? To help those that rely on the government checks?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
People not cashing their Social Security checks?

With all due respect, with this economy..... That's not going to happen.

I mean, it's a good idea... Just not realistic at all.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

there is such a thing called independent evloution of thought and wow looky more news sources than anyone cares to look at.

over 100 million people are on the government payroll social security has no funds left in it that money is gone as soon as its collected.

oh here heres another tidbits that people just tune deaf ear to people spending their whole lives on welfare and yeah when they "retire" they get social security.

or the fact the those who are on social security have medicare deducted from a government check to pay the government back.

as oppose to the knuckleheads who push and favor the stupidty listen and push for more without a thought of where the cash comes from.

and do you really want to talk parroting here youve not said nothing i have heard from the typical clueless leftist of this country.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
People not cashing their Social Security checks?

With all due respect, with this economy..... That's not going to happen.

I mean, it's a good idea... Just not realistic at all.

If enough people stood up and helped, then the checks would become worthless. To use your avitar. . . . imagine. . . . .

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What we have here is an EPIC RIGHT-WINGER FAIL thread.

Leave that Rush & Beck brand koolaide alone!!! Bad for the brain.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You're right.
It is a fail.
I expected the left to give. My mistake. They only TAKE.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It is common knowledge at this point, that whenever the left is backed up against a wall in a debate it is time to start screaming Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck as loud and as long as one can stand. What is not so common knowledge is that the left playbook also suggests using silly laughing emoticons no less than three times in a row, and often times at least a half a dozen or more times. The left play book for dirty debating states: "It is a proven fact that the opposition become extremely agitated when faced with numerous laughing emoticons, so do not be stingy in their use and spread them throughout your posts liberally".

On a side note, this is how the left became associated with "liberal" because of their liberal use of emoticons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join