It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History’s lost lesson: Ancient nuclear war among Indus Valley civilizations reexamined

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by be4ne1

Nailed it. From a planetary point of view we are a Cancer.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEyeofTruth

Golpher's wood doesn't actually exist. Researching the term and its origins reveals "layered wood with resin", or in some opinions, "honeycomb wood". Both don't really make much sense for things made back then. But plywood is made via layered wood with some kind of resin or glue.

Basically, Noah's ark was a gigantic super structural rectangle monolith.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I believe it is a type of Cypress Wood actually, not 100%, but, it is 100% not plywood or chipboard.

You are correct about the term today though; it is not used.
2000 years ago it was a type of tree.

We've nicely changed the name, references to it however are found thoughout history.
edit on 21-7-2011 by TheEyeofTruth because: Error.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Disagree. How does a comet cause hair and nails to fall out? Birds to turn white? And fire onto soldiers causing them to jump into water?
Again, mentioned in my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by kdog1982

Earth should just turn those deposits into plastice emergency land masses that float???

It will accumulate things like seaweed and become a floating island,
maybe like the movie "Waterworld"

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

references, but many different ones. Currently the best guess is, yes either cypress wood, or that golpher's wood was a type of process. Considering golphers look very similar to beavers and other such animals that build large wooden structures, as well as the hebrew word being very similar to the word for "pitch", or laminate, I'd consider it plausible that it's plywood for the purposes of this speculative topic.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
reply to post by piotrburz

You want quotes?

“Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana [fast aircraft],
hurled a single projectile [rocket]
charged with the power of the Universe [nuclear device].

An incandescent column of smoke and flame,
as bright as ten thousand suns,
rose with all its splendour.
It was an unknown weapon,
an iron thunderbolt,
a gigantic messenger of death,
which reduced to ashes
the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

The corpses were so burned
as to be unrecognizable.

Hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
and the birds turned white.

…After a few hours
all foodstuffs were infected…
…to escape from this fire
the soldiers threw themselves in streams
to wash themselves and their equipment.”

“Dense arrows of flame,
like a great shower,
issued forth upon creation,
encompassing the enemy.
A thick gloom swiftly settled upon the Pandava hosts.
All points of the compass were lost in darkness.
Fierce wind began to blow
Clouds roared upward,
showering dust and gravel.

Birds croaked madly…
the very elements seemed disturbed.
The sun seemed to waver in the heavens
The earth shook,
scorched by the terrible violent heat of this weapon.

Elephants burst into flame
and ran to and fro in a frenzy…
over a vast area,
other animals crumpled to the ground and died.
From all points of the compass
the arrows of flame rained continuously and fiercely.”

Sound pretty familiar.
From the Mahabharata.
There's some more in this thread (I think): www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-7-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

Still i want scan of book, or link to page with actual scan or whole book.
I also was into this kind of intriguing "myths" from our past. But i haven't found anything of it in Mahabharata.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
OK, here are the names associated with this stuff. I can't find any papers or articles. Perhaps some of you can do so. There should exist somewhere in university libraries or other reliable locations papers by these people. One site peddling a book on this says -

But Where Are The Records Of Such Things?

And that’s a fair question, I agree.

Well, you will be blown away at the evidence I’ve put together for you.

Then obfuscates by going on with even more sensationalized stuff only mentioning the Mahabharata. The whole thing is you must take this persons word for it and can not get anything more except by buying one of his books. He is peddling a book called "Dead Mans Secrets".
SOURCE

The names:

Explorer De Camp

British official J. Campbell

The explorer-hunter H. J. Hamilton.

Help me out here and find data on these people, their books, papers and articles along with their qualifications?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

references, but many different ones. Currently the best guess is, yes either cypress wood, or that golpher's wood was a type of process. Considering golphers look very similar to beavers and other such animals that build large wooden structures, as well as the hebrew word being very similar to the word for "pitch", or laminate, I'd consider it plausible that it's plywood for the purposes of this speculative topic.

Not to get too far off topic....

I always envisioned thin solid wooden board planking attached to the hull with pitch/resin between the various layers of more thin solid wood board/planks similar to the image below. No plywood needed

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcd0ca4e40e9.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hmmm, but isn't that in essence a Type of plywood?

Plywood is built on the idea that regular wood has patterns, and they have strengths and weaknesses. Add more patterns at different angles, and the wood has fewer weakness with more strength.

Plywood layers (called veneers) are glued together with adjacent plies having their grain at right angles to each other for greater strength

edit on 21-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Like The main post at the top of this page the gentelman is spot on, we are truly living a ground hogg day we get it wrong blow ourselves up destroy almost everthing , then start again , are you not getting fed up with it , I am

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Sounds like a volcano, or maybe a meteor impact. If you remove your suggestions for words, it's no different than a god in the form of a rock from space crashing into a mountain and causing a volcano.

I really don't see how this is guaranteed to be a nuke.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Well for me the term plywood means exactly what I see at the Home Depot. 4x8 laminated sheets. But if we just stuck to the "Lamination process" leaving out the plywood reference then there could be something to it.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Lamination is nothing new,in contrary it was discovered 8000 years ago.
edit on 21-7-2011 by piotrburz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I have believed all this for quite some time but not the "alien" part. In my view it is humanity that progressed to the high level that we are at today and then lost it all in world wide warring. It could well be cyclic and we could have done all this many times before. Why not? Just the part about aliens has me confused. Why does there have to be aliens? That part is hard to believe as they are not at all necessary. We can manage technology by ourselves and we are very good at war.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Q

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
For those still paying attention...

India: 'Massive' uranium find in Andhra Pradesh
India's southern state of Andhra Pradesh may have one of the largest reserves of uranium in the world, the country's chief nuclear officer says.

Mr Banerjee said that studies at Tummalapalle have shown that the area "had a confirmed reserve of 49,000 tonnes and recent surveys indicate that this figure could go up even threefold" and become one of the world's largest uranium reserves.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Maaybe it's a naturally occurring deposit. Maaybe it's slag from an ancient nuclear war.

Either way, it's good fuel for this discussion.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have often read that our earth goes in cycles where we reach the same level of technology before destroying ourselves. If this is correct, then there must be hidden somewhere a hall of records preserving our distant history?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
reply to post by DragonRain311

thanks. It could be like reincarnation. (supposedly) a soul must go through many lifetimes, learning lessons to finally achieve bliss or heaven or whatever.

What if mankind as a whole is going through the same process but on a macro level

hmmm...now that's interesting

edit on 21-7-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

Yes thats interesting and it means that we are far from getting there, no utopia for a long time

nice post, haven`t read it before.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The meteor strike is as good an explanation as any and it's a hypothosis I'm interested in terms of ancient disaster myths. If these cultures believe in sky gods then a huge lump of rock coming out of the sky and blowing things up's going to be a interpreted as some really good proof that the gods are angry

I've also read or seen somewhere ( long time ago) that maybe thats what happened to Sodom and Gemorah. There's even certain types of meteor that cause collums of fire ( loosely aggregated material).
edit on 21-7-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join