It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History’s lost lesson: Ancient nuclear war among Indus Valley civilizations reexamined

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Suohhen

if the knowledge you seek is greater, you must read all the other books that prove Stitchen is not that great.

in the most humble of ways

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

AND for the record I do believe in a possible lost history of mankind. I don't think they ever reached our level or type of technology. [Explosive-internal combustion etc]

Maybe something along the lines of what Tesla was working on though.

You had me at your last sentence.
I believe that past civilizations had advanced technology, only the way they achieved it was very different to us. As you said, we have been very in to metallurgy and industry.

Perhaps - if our existence is not suppressed by future powers that be - people will look back on our history with astonishment regarding our age of Flaming Hot Steel and Lightning.

I think, considering the left brained paradigm we've basically been living under / ruling our technologies - it may be safe to say that the Indus Valley civilizations could have leaned more on their Right brain. We use rigid logic, whereas they designed their technology on more of an intuitive level. Maybe the only thing that makes us more advanced than them, was that though it took us much longer - that we understand almost fully how our machines operate.

edit on 21-7-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
lol why are people so amazed at the lack of advanced civilization litter, can we not conceive an adcanced people of whatever species or race with enough sense and respect for the universe that when they leave they have the decency to clean up behind themselves --- thats whats wrong with the planet now, weve torn down atmospheres ionospheres oceans air land, to the point we assume leaving behind waist is some kind of standard operating procedure --- thats really the least "advanced" part of our civilization

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Here is something I can across about the megalithic stones
possibly as a radiation shelter.
Plausible?
Who knows,but interesting,none the less.

Ancient radiation shelter mystery #0, by dinodad, 30 October 2010 04:26 PM ARCHAEOLOGY NEWSFLASH NO. 188 What happened that morning was astonishing. And the mystery still remains. It was the early 1970s. A zoologist had been studying bats during the night. And he was now on his way home, carrying his equipment with him. He happened to pass a group of ancient standing stones, just as the morning sun was beginning to strike the stones. To his utter surprise, the instruments started reacting. They were picking up a strong, regular and rapid pulse.

ANCIENT RADIATION KNOWLEDGE These findings have not been widely publicised. However, they do suggest a sophisticated knowledge of ultrasound as well as a knowledge of various types of radiation in ancient times. It does appear that at least some of Britain's ancient stone circles were constructed as radiation shelters - although for what purpose it is difficult to imagine.

ancientstuff.maxforum.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Didn't say that he was great. As of all other authors his findings were thought-provoking. How so much information on the subject is assimilated into ones own mind, in the end reveals the conclusion we each arrive at. In the end we each believe what information we chose is correct. Some will agree with our idea of what we believe. Others will not.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

If evidence did survive, either A. it has not been found or B. it has been found and covered up. Like i said earlier, if concrete evidence was found that proved our ancestors were tech advanced, it would be a bigger bombshel than alien disclosure

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

You bring up a good poing about the bones.

If they are so old, via carbon data, could they be examined for evidence of a nuke fallout?

that would be interesting if they can be.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Just for my own religious beliefs and thoughts, Noah's ark seems to be described as being built out of plywood, a wood not invented until nearly modern times. Jude 1 Mentions people damned to wonder the darkness of stars, ages past.

interesting. But I don't know enough yet.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Suohhen

The problem with Sitchin is that he was most likely a confidence man and not much more. He created his own mythology as a means of survival and financial gain. I think history has seen many Sitchins. He may not have been a Barnum, but was most certainly running a carnival side-show to keep funded.

The saying "Nobody ever lost a dime by underestimating the American Public" could be rewritten to say "No author ever lost a dime by labeling fiction as fact". The library shelves are full of such fiction from would-be discoverers who found they had to resort to dishonesty or include fiction in their work to survive. They probably had a noble purpose at the outset, but were forced to resort to dishonest means to survive financially and continue their work.

Actions have consequences though and Sitchin left behind a lot of victims with minds full of fantasy in my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
To OP
Provide me with quotes from original Mahabharata, or if you can't obtain original, please show me those quotes in english version of Mahabharata.
Sithin likes to confabulate.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by piotrburz

You want quotes?

“Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana [fast aircraft],
hurled a single projectile [rocket]
charged with the power of the Universe [nuclear device].

An incandescent column of smoke and flame,
as bright as ten thousand suns,
rose with all its splendour.
It was an unknown weapon,
an iron thunderbolt,
a gigantic messenger of death,
which reduced to ashes
the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

The corpses were so burned
as to be unrecognizable.

Hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
and the birds turned white.

…After a few hours
all foodstuffs were infected…
…to escape from this fire
the soldiers threw themselves in streams
to wash themselves and their equipment.”

“Dense arrows of flame,
like a great shower,
issued forth upon creation,
encompassing the enemy.
A thick gloom swiftly settled upon the Pandava hosts.
All points of the compass were lost in darkness.
Fierce wind began to blow
Clouds roared upward,
showering dust and gravel.

Birds croaked madly…
the very elements seemed disturbed.
The sun seemed to waver in the heavens
The earth shook,
scorched by the terrible violent heat of this weapon.

Elephants burst into flame
and ran to and fro in a frenzy…
over a vast area,
other animals crumpled to the ground and died.
From all points of the compass
the arrows of flame rained continuously and fiercely.”

Sound pretty familiar.
From the Mahabharata.
There's some more in this thread (I think): www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-7-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11165
lol why are people so amazed at the lack of advanced civilization litter, can we not conceive an adcanced people of whatever species or race with enough sense and respect for the universe that when they leave they have the decency to clean up behind themselves --- thats whats wrong with the planet now, weve torn down atmospheres ionospheres oceans air land, to the point we assume leaving behind waist is some kind of standard operating procedure --- thats really the least "advanced" part of our civilization

This is the legacy we will leave behind.

www.doobybrain.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Earth should just turn those deposits into plastice emergency land masses that float???

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
No, I am not at all confident man is capable of learning a, any lesson. Sure you can. I can. But as a collective body of human beings we are so incredibly harmful to this planet. Why must literally anything that can be eaten, is eaten. Animals, birds, fish- everything! Regardless of need, it's eaten because we can. Who are we to waltz into this beautiful world and destroy it, not unlike an insatiable virus. No checks, no balances. We do whatever we want to whatever we want.

We multiply like there's a sister planet just waiting to take our billions and billions of voracious consumers. We don't adhere to any known evolutionary values. We survive, fit or not...and multiply like starving roaches. We haven't even got the survival sense to zip our pants and button our skirts. We're sado/masochistic beyond hope.

Because of this, I am virtually certain we are NOT indigenous to planet earth. If we were, Mother Earth would have found a way to 'cure' herself of us a helluva long time ago. We don't belong here, we're oblivious destroyers and we're outta control.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I've been searching all morning and can not find anything to back up these claims. The sites with articles never have a bibliography of any sort and the names they drop bring up nothing worthwhile. At the same time there appears to be a lot of good information on real archaeology related to these area's that have no mention of this.

I now think this is all an Internet derived myth and a couple of the sites do sell books, but as I've said no citation or bibliographies, meaning to me this is fiction.

The only controversy I find is that they seem to have debunked the idea the area was invaded by "Aryans" and that is what brought the culture down. It appears drought and climate change were the primary culprits.
edit on 7/21/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
im related to the guy in your painting thats like the king of asia or some other place and hes throwing his chariots wheel because we lost that war to our own side believing and obeying the others i beleiv the guys in white are what you know to day as (christians cathlick they are the same) their soldiers are dressed in gold armor

i dont know where the wars in the sky are in that painting but i do know that some acient peoples spoke of flying devices and the ability to fly but i have never seen a painting of it though theres are probly lots of paintings locked up some where that are true but no one knows it OR wont admitt it
edit on 21-7-2011 by obzerver because: miss telling of the ways

edit on 21-7-2011 by obzerver because: monkey sounds

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
From way out in left field we now hear from the peanut gallery....

I've often imagined/fantasized that our present modern day supply of fossil fuel/oil reserves were actually the result of the buried trash-dumps/land-fills from a previously unknown ancient species/race that took millions of years for their waste/trash to finally breakdown/decompose into something useful which we call fossil fuels

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

That would be an excellent description of things like a comet, asteroid or meteor strikes as described by a culture with no knowledge of what was really happening. That is far more likely than a nuclear weapon created by a culture that was still hammering bronze and relying on fired clay.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I have read many books concerning this worlds prior use of technology. There are too many relics, artefacts, stories and facts to support the fact.

Case in question, probably the biggest.

The Great Pyramid

Perhaps I could go into some of the stones positioned in specific ways around the world, none of which we could move today.

There is no doubt in my mind that the following statements would hold true.

There has been life more technologically advanced than us on this planet before, many times.
Science lies or is miss led on it's timescales by a factor of perhaps 100, maybe more.
Nuclear weapons have been used on several occasions prior to this "generation".
Intelligent Life exists on other planets.
We leave next to NOTHING behind each time the cycle repeats.
We take ourselves out each time.

We leave ourselves clues each time. There are tons of things that have been found around the world that could not have been possible when we are told it was found.

I watched the program life after people, I am sure also the Hoover Dam is expected to last 10k. The concrete will take near that time to go off.

As for concrete, reinforced with steel... Nope, the steel rots in the end and breaks the concrete. Stone is the ONLY way. (I've considered glass as a substitute? Big thick heavy slab of it?)

USA, Bankers, Israel, Jerusalem, Jews, Zionists, who knows, some group is keeping the truth from us; but, if you look at those in political power, financial power or with the most profitable corporations are who generally.

You could almost write the last few years history by looking in the Bible. 2000 years old?

I could go on for hours....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Noahs Ark was said to be made of Gopher Wood.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join