It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History’s lost lesson: Ancient nuclear war among Indus Valley civilizations reexamined

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Like I said, any evidence would have disappeared by now. (look at the life after people videos above) Within 10,000 years from now the only thing that would be left in america would be mount rushmore.

And yes, Ancient Alien theory makes sense, but it is also possible that we may have done it all ourselves....remember, ancient humans were just as intelligent as we are now.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Whell, i certainly know that the article in the op is not peer reviewed and i sure there are some overlooked facts.

There however still is some evidence out there that points to strange tech in aniquity

Also, if there was solid proof of these (or other miraculous) things happening in our distant past, you or I would surly not know about them. That secret is way more important to keep (by tptb) than say...disclosure
edit on 21-7-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Ancient tales speak of

please cite these alledged ` ancient tails `

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

" have read, and truly believe, only recently, that this planet is given to us in this format, already prepared with food and all the ingredients to live WITHOUT technology. We dont need medicine. Technology brought about new sickness' IMO...when we decided to turn our back on nature, and the way of nature, is when nature decided to start turning her back on us"

I agree and would like to live in a situation like that. IMO most psychological illness (depression etc) is created by this world we live in now. I would doubt that these illnesses were prevalent in ancient times.

For every illness our there, nature provides a cure....yin and yang....

Of course, if we were reverted to that state now, almost no one would know the secrets of the earth in the ways of healing etc.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I read the wikipedia article, very interesting thanks. But i thought these machines can be programmed to consume only certain type of matter.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

true if the evidence was left out in weather, but what about underground chambers that still have metal artifacts in them. You would think that they would have had an underground chamber to use as a lab to research something like this? Just like our underground bases that are used for research. Maybe we just have not found them yet, or maybe we have but TPTB will not tell us about them. You do make a valid point, but I think that until all hands are showing we just can't count anything out at this point.

and I do also agree with you that humans were just as smart back then as we are today, if not a little more in tuned with common sense than we are.

edit on 21/7/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheodoreBundy

if this were so, wouldn't there be layers of radioactive waste in core samples of glaciers?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by belsoember

yes they can, but the movie had them eating everything in site. Either way its a scary sickening thought, and hope it never becomes reality. That would be one of the biggies that we survivalists just couldnt compete with

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Oops just posted a thread which includes references to this....here you go:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I mention findings of radioactive ash at Rajasthan as well. It covers a three square mile radius...pretty fantastic. the large number of quotes within the epis that have amazing references to the effects of radiation from threads nuclear blast just cannot not be a coincidence...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

ancient indian religious texts speak of vimanas, or flying vehicles

"In the Vedic literature of India, there are many descriptions of flying machines that are generally called Vimanas. India's national epic, The Mahabharata, is a poem of vast length and complexity. According to Dr. Vyacheslav Zaitsev: "the holy Indian Sages, the Ramayana for one, tell of "Two storied celestial chariots with many windows" "They roar like off into the sky until they appear like comets." The Mahabharata and various Sanskrit books describe at length these chariots, "powered by winged lighting...it was a ship that soared into the air, flying to both the solar and stellar regions."

www.hinduwisdom.info...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

I don't know...i'll respond to your question with one of my own...is there evidence of the hirosima nagasaki atomic bombs in glaciers?

I'm not sure if sufficient radiation from a relatively small blasts at mid latitudes would make it to the poles...I really don't know though...

good thinkin
edit on 21-7-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

wow..great thread...I reccomend anyone reading this thread to check it out!!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Lol wow, Alex Collier talks about this too! In 1990s!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It seems impossible, that a few thousand years, could involve enough change, to leave almost no trace of what once was, Our history could very well be cyclical I think. Just one more reason why the destruction of any ancient text, that try to warn us of the past ? May very well be trying to show us how to avoid
it's mistakes. The Bible is one such text. Fools want to destroy it.

Snf nice read

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Very interesting read indeed. and with their being solid pproof of fallout materials. 1 doesnt doubt it. I am 1 who feels yes Earth has had advanced techs many times but technology gets so advanced it wipes the civilization in controll of the tech out for periods of time. And now Earth has once again dug deep and uncovered the minerals of destruction has refined them again and has even allowed them to spread around AGAIN so AGAIN everyone can just blow everyone up. I think there needs to be a break in this cycle, unless its part of SCHOOL BEING OUT- some graduate ascend other reformulated into soul materials for the next class. Maybe the proper civilization will ignore these minerals all togther and coexist in peace, yes far reach but its possible.

Past war data: S&F

Basically, Sodom and Gomorrah were bombed into oblivion with the use of nuclear or atomic weaponry. The evidence is both Biblical and via the ancient Sumerian texts, as well as modern data which relates to a dramatic and stunning increase in windborne dust and what-not, the latter which apparently led to the end of the Akkadian Civilization. The latter is presented in the paper, "Climate change and the collapse of the Akkadian Empire: Evidence from the Deep-Sea" by Heide M. Cullen, et al. Their results docummented a "very abrupt increase in eolian dust and Mesopotamian aridity which is AMA radiocarbon dated to 4025 (plus or minus 125) cal. years BP [Before Present] and which persisted for approximately 300 years." [4] The graphs given by these researchers provide physical evidence of something very major happening, and while there is no reason to assume the authors believed Sodom and Gomorroh were A-bombed, the abrupt increase in dust does provide plausible evidence. [5]

In the written records from the time, meanwhile, there is simply no question. It is the open warfare between Enki and Enlil, circa 2000 B.C.E., in which Enlil’s sons are clearly identified as the guys who pulled out all of the stops, and sealed the fates of the twin cities -- as well as the Sumerian Civilization, which was downwind of the radioactive fallout. Sitchin [1], Gardner [2], and Bramley [3] have all identified the demise of the two cities as acts of atomic warfare.

But for those with less ready access to ancient Sumerian texts, consider the story as told in Genesis, chapters 14 and 19.

The account begins with the War of the Kings, which pitted Shinar (Sumer), Ellasar, and Elam (among others) against Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, Zeboiim, and Bela (Zoar). When things went badly at one battle (Genesis 14:8-10), Lot, Abram’s brother’s son was captured as a Sodomite (because he had dwelt in Sodom).

Abram, upon hearing the news, rallied his 318 well trained and armed servants -- just the sort of thing that every sheepherder always keeps on hand -- and in true military fashion rescued Lot, “and his goods, and the women also, and the people.”

The king of Sodom, with others, wanted to reward Abram, but the hero accepted only from Melchizedek, King of Salem (who was the priest) the blessing of “the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth.” [The latter sounds like an Enlil promotional brochure.]

[For those concerned with a reticent Abram in receiving his just rewards, “the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision” (Genesis 15:1), wherein “the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, “unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the Great river, the river Euphrates.” (Genesis 15:18) This would have to be considered to be “greater Israel” and thus everything from the Nile to the Euphrates including the Sinai Peninsula, the West Bank, Lebanon, Syria, portions of Iraq, and presumably, all of Jordan and parts of Arabia. Obviously, this was not a bad deal for our boy -- even if he may have been dreaming at the time. I.e., “In your dreams, (b)Abe!”]

Meanwhile, after a quick name change for Abram/Abraham, the attention is drawn to Lot’s hometown, Sodom and the city, Gomorrah. The charge being brought was that the two cities were committed grievous sins. Abraham managed to plea bargain the charges down to a commutation of sentence if ten righteous men could be found in the cities -- but considering what might qualify as lacking righteousness, the cities weren’t out of the woods yet.

On the other hand, there was Lot, his goods (including women) still residing in Sodom. Which is curious. If Sodom and Gomorrah had found themselves on the wrong side in the Enki vrs. Enlil conflict, what was Lot doing there? Spying? A loyal follower of one side, who had been rescued once already? Was he worth saving again? Apparently.

Lot was told to clear out of Sodom in no uncertain terms. He was even advised to head for the hills, where mountains might shield his family from the impending destruction. Lot did the good neighbor thing and argued to avoid the wholesale slaughter of his fellows, but to no avail. Lot bailed, and “the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven.” (Genesis 19:24).

Unfortunately, Lot’s wife looked behind her, and was turned into a pillar of salt for her trouble. [(6/22/06) One reader, Paul Cilwa, has noted that, "In Hebrew, the word used for "salt" also means "vapor". Lot's wife wasn't turned to salt. She was VAPORIZED."] When Abraham got wind of the event, “he looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain, and beheld, and, lo, the smoke of the country went up as the smoke of a furnace.” (Genesis 19:28).

The aftermath was so terrifying that Lot and his daughters fled to a cave, where the natural assumption was that the human race was doomed (i.e. no men to beget children). The daughters then took the next step of lying with their father, conceived, and ultimately bore sons.

www.halexandria.org...
edit on 7/21/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
The article mentions ancient corpses found in India with extremely high radiation levels....

" The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators’ gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years"

Many people say that these anomalies are proof of ancient aliens. That debate is still ongoing.

When I first heard about this tale and then later read about this I was very excited but I looked all over to find independent verifiable proof. There is none to be found. If someone could find and post any links available to a verifiable source for those claims, I'd love to read it. As of yet I've found nothing by any independent source.

AND for the record I do believe in a possible lost history of mankind. I don't think they ever reached our level or type of technology. [Explosive-internal combustion etc]

Maybe something along the lines of what Tesla was working on though.

My thoughts exactly, I've heard this story several times now and while it is very interesting I have yet to see and verified sources. Anyone from India on ATS that can speak to some of this?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Underground chambers are typically high in humidity / groundwater...unless a salt cavern...so as long as you have moisture and oxygen...no more metal

just a thought

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Intriguing, but the most logical explanation is that it was probably a comet impact and I very much doubt they were as technologically evolved as us, because if they were, then where is the evidence of this technology? Skeletons have been found, so surely some of their advanced technology would still exist, waiting to be dug up & rediscovered.

In the Vedic literature of India, there are many descriptions of flying machines that are generally called vimanas, basically descriptions of flying vehicles who also appeared to have advanced weaponry. Either the ancient Inidians were very imaginative or maybe they really were describing events that really happened. But again, where is the evidence of this technology? Surely some evidence of it's existence must of survived.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Some natural events could cause the same scenario with skeletons holding hands etc.
Think about Pompeii for example-that was a volcano..
Or maybe a methane release from a lake/the sea could have caused such an event.

The thing is,these skeletons in the OP are not available for testing,and there's not really any proof they are radioactive.
And has that area of India really been sealed off by the army/gov?
Maybe one of our Indian ATS brothers or sisters can tell us more about that hopefully.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I see that you have an interest in ancient mysteries. Zecharia Sitchin is an internationally acclaimed author and researcher whose books show evidence that we are not alone. Sitchen is one of a handfull of scholars able to read the Sumerian cuneiform tablets. His six books are a must read if the knowledge you seek is great.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join