It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul votes against the "Cut, Cap, and Balance Act". Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
On the surface, initially, the "Cut, Cap and Balance Act" sounded like a good idea to me. So, I was a little surprised when I learned that Dr. Paul had voted against it. After a litle further research into what the Bill entails I now understand the rational behind Dr. Paul's vote and agrree.

I won't quote the entire short speech given by Dr. Paul on the House floor 7/19/2011. But the short read is well worth the time.

www.prisonplanet.com...

This bill only serves to sanction the status quo by putting forth a $1 trillion budget deficit and authorizing a $2.4 trillion increase in the debt limit.

Finally, this bill authorizes a $2.4 trillion rise in the debt limit. I have never voted for a debt ceiling increase and I never will. Increasing the debt ceiling is an endorsement of business as usual in Washington. It delays the inevitable, the day that one day will come when we cannot continue to run up enormous deficits and will be forced to pay our bills.

So, while "Cut, Cap and Balance SOUNDS good; in reality it fails to meaningfully addreess the real financial issues confronting us.

In conclusion, Mr. Speaker, while I sympathize with the aims of this bill’s sponsors, I must vote against HR 2560. It is my hope, however, that the looming debt ceiling deadline and the discussion surrounding the budget will further motivate us to consider legislation in the near future that will make meaningful cuts and long-lasting reforms.

Its mighty hard to be the ONLY adult in the room.

Playing partisan politics at this point in our fiscal history is pure cowardice and, as it jeoparizes the financial and actual integrity of our country, I would argue it is an act ot treason.

The vast majoity of Washington legislators are driven SOLELY by selfishness and self-centeredness (ii.e. Will this aid in my reelection or not? What special interest group will this placate?). Hence, their positions on items essential to the well being of our republic as a whole are seldom to never based on that simple premise and change with the prevaling political winds.

Selfishness and self-centeredness are endemic in our society. Lying has become acceptable. The first question most folks consider is, “What’s in it for me?” and not the far more principled question, “Is it right and moral?”.

Ron Paul still asks “Is it right and moral?” first. And, “Is it constitutional and in the best interest of the republic as a whole?”

Most politicians are skilled at appearing as though they have character. Ron Paul actually has character.

Running for the presidency it would have been far more politically expediant to have simply voted for this “cut, cap and balance” bill but Dr. Paul stood on his reasoned convictions.

Kudos to Dr. Paul.

(And, welcome to the predictable Ron Paul trolls)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
this is what i always argued about the bill. You still will have $1 Trillion in defect spending a year if the bill passed. It doesent fix anything!

edit on 20-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
S&F

I completely agree. Thanks for the thread....

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It's DOA in the Senate.

I don't see why they would waste the paper.

More single party bait and switch...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Much of that deficit was caused by the wars in iraq and afghanistan and low taxes. Now that the wars had ended and scaled back and spending expected to be less, the deficit CAN BE CUT, along with a raise in taxes on the super rich, so that the economy can finally grow its legs through tech innovation along with better management and harvesting of US resources with the increased loans.

To deny such loans will only lead to untold sufferings and miss opportunities. We all stand in a critical time. It's NOT about partisan politics anymore. Its doing what is right, not only for america, but for mankind as well, for the ramifications of default is APPALLING when case studies of relevant and pertinent historical events are used!!!!!

edit on 20-7-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Its so they can print this last batch of bills before its all worth #

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Until they decide to target the head of the problem, they are only chopping off the arms, only to grow back.

Until the Federal Reserve is closed down, the problem will never be solved.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is a joke. I must balance my budget and so should the government. They should be forced to balance the budget and stop spending money NOW or our future generations will suffer drastically. We are already seeing the beginning of it.

Why we continue to let them play by a different set of rules is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
this is what i always argued about the bill. You still will have $1 Trillion in defect spending a year if the bill passed. It doesent fix anything!

edit on 20-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Actually even worse than that. This bill reduces only the deficit by about $111B. The DEFICIT is $1.4T That leaves $1.3T of overspending this year alone in addition to the interest compounded on the already unsustainable overall debt. Horrid Republican cop-out and the Democrats will be kicking and screaming of how mean-spirited this worthless bill is.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Can't you guys see it clearly by now???

Cut the loans and the price to pay will be FAR MORE WORSE than the trillions owed, at the state of the world right now.. There may be NO mankind left, let alone future generations even.

I fully agree that the fed should be dismantled and very much economic pains to be endured as well corrections done to our financial systems, but WE NEED those loans to reactivate and reset the economy while we still can, with better restructuring and rational budget, that deficit CAN be cut further with increased earnings and revenue later..

I like Ron Paul, but to wait for the damocles sword to fall upon us all for default today like he is voting, is to end it all once and for all, the way it had happened to the world when WW1 Germany defaulted and puppets started to play!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Can we throw the whole bunch in debtors prison yet? Usually when people wright checks and dont pay up they go to jail. Dont they?

MOTF!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Much of that deficit was caused by the wars in iraq and afghanistan and low taxes. Now that the wars had ended and scaled back and spending expected to be less, the deficit CAN BE CUT,

Dr. Paul addessed the important matter of our defense and defense spending:

Third, the Act applies the nonsensical narrative about a “Global War on Terror” to justify exceptions to its spending caps. Since this war is undeclared, has no definite enemies, no clear objectives, and no metric to determine victory, it is by definition endless. Congress will never balance the budget until we reject the concept of endless wars.

[From Ron Paul Statement on the Cut, Cap and Balance Act to the House. 7/19/2011]

www.prisonplanet.com...

Hence, "cut, cap and balance" is essentially a blank check for military spending. The plot thickens...

edit on 20-7-2011 by robyn because: added annotation

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Is this the one being promoted by the "gang of six?"

I was watching CNN during lunch, and everyone sure is happy about those 6, and it looks like we are about to get shafted yet again!

By the way, everyone should have a signature banner that looks just like mine.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

These are Ron Paul's statements concerning "Cut, Cap and Balance" which just passed in the House. The "gang of six" are Senators and they have some other smoke and mirror preposals in the works.

Love your banner.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Maybe if the stimulas package got distributed to "we the people" instead of big Banks/Corps most could have payed their mortgages, car loans, student loans and more. That would have help both us and them out. Instead, horrible budget balancing and overspending screws the people yet again.

Get these idiots out of office already!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Fully agree with you, Grimbone.

reply to post by robyn

Get that loan first that can revive the economy, then I am sure there will be ways and means to stop further military spending through legislation.

Stop that loan -...... military spending will shoot through the roof when creditors come a' calling and patriots resists as well as puppets play!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

I fully agree that the fed should be dismantled and very much economic pains to be endured as well corrections done to our financial systems, but WE NEED those loans to reactivate and reset the economy while we still can, with better restructuring and rational budget, that deficit CAN be cut further with increased earnings and revenue later..

Here is what international businessman and job creator Wynn said about the “current political environment” in the country.

But everybody is so political, so focused on holding their job for the next year, that the discussion in Washington is nauseating. And I’m saying it bluntly, that this administration is the greatest wet blanket to business and progress and job creation in my lifetime. And I could prove it and I could spend the next three hours giving you examples of all of us in this marketplace that are frightened to death about all the new regulations, our healthcare costs escalate, regulations coming from left and right, a President that seems — that keeps using that word redistribution.

www.libertyjuice.com...

Not to derail the tread but I sincerely doubt that "those loans" will do anthing but increase the size of government and encourage regulatory agaencies to promulgate regulations that in effect enact laws that firther stifle the public sector.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

The more i see threads like this and the more Dr.Paul is censored by the media, the more i am convinced he is the best choice for America.

On a similar note, here's Ron Paul question Ben Bernanke about gold. If you don't want to watch the whole thing, just fast forward to 4:30

Ron Paul 2012!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn
Not to derail the tread but I sincerely doubt that "those loans" will do anthing but increase the size of government and encourage regulatory agaencies to promulgate regulations that in effect enact laws that firther stifle the public sector.

The PEOPLE aren't fools. The gov cannot increase their size without public outcry if it was not necessary, nor will the PEOPLE tolerate the corporatists and biz owners from fleecing the People dry from corporate irresponsibilities such as the lies of globalisation, and will impose their WILL upon them to measure up for the benefit of all through their elected legislative.

Have faith in the system. It's all we have and up to us all to correct and change it to work as 'for the People, by the People'.

Stop that loan -...there will nothing left.....for any human left alive if any this time.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
How about Iraq/Afghanistan/Saudi be handed an invoice and we receive payment?
Or is the deal with the poppy fields and gas futures suppose to buy the silence and devotion?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join