It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sm30482
reply to post by edmc^2

ok... can you imagine the pain of 40.000 died men and their families loss? didn't God tell them to go to the battle? An all love God wont do that to 40k men that trust in their God's word.
All that death, blood loss and pain just for the badness of some men of Benjamin? did you read the next chapter?
They destroyed a city, their men, children and women that didn't have sex, to give them to the remaining 600 Benjamin men.
Can you imagine an entire city devastated in name of an all love God?
Thats not the only part of the bible that makes me think its not the real Gods word.

Of course any human being can feel the pain of loss from death. In fact the Creator of emotion himself feel the pain whenever a life is lost - something people tend to forget. This is not a surprise though because many so called religious leaders teach that it's part of God's plan. Many bad things are done in the name of God - so of course he is blamed for it. In addition, this is what God's enemy wanted to accomplish for thousands of years - portray God as a selfish cruel, blood letting-thirsty God. So far he's been very successful - even turning the written word of God as something to be despised even disregard as worthless.

But the truth is none of the badness and wickedness attributed to God is true - they are all false accusations launch by his enemies (Satan/demons/unbelievers).

Notice the following scriptures in contrast to what you're saying:

“Do not two sparrows sell for a coin of small value? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground without YOUR Father’s [knowledge].” (Matthew 10:29)

Any idea what this text mean? The text shows the heavenly Father’s deep concern for his creatures, even for the lowly sparrow.

What about man - even a wicked one?

God himself said:

"‘Do I take any delight at all in the death of someone wicked,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘[and] not in that he should turn back from his ways and actually keep living?’” (Ezekiel 18:23)

This is further verified and confirmed by God’s only-begotten son Christ Jesus:

From the famous most often quoted scripture - John 3:16 – it says:

“. . .For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. . .” (John 3:16)

And further confirmed by the apostles -

“. . .Beloved ones, let us continue loving one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born from God and gains the knowledge of God. He that does not love has not come to know God, because God is love. By this the love of God was made manifest in our case, because God sent forth his only-begotten Son into the world that we might gain life through him. The love is in this respect, not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent forth his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins.” (1 John 4:7-10)

So without a doubt God is a God of Love as the scripture say at 1 John 4:16 - also think about this, how can darkness be mixed with light? Or are you able to get poison water from a pure sweet fountain of water? Impossible!

It's the same thing with the Loving God and Heavenly Father.

“O give thanks to Jehovah, you people, for he is good; for his loving-kindness is to time indefinite.”—Ps. 107:1.

“. . .Jehovah, Jehovah, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abundant in loving-kindness and truth,” (Exodus 34:6)

So back to my question to you – before I explain Judges 21 or for that matter the entire Hebrew Scriptures – Old Testament.

What is the REASON why God allowed these sad, bloody events to be written?
Is it to make himself look bad to you?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Originally posted by edmc^2

I know Allah mean God - a title like Dad, but what is Allah's name?

There are 99 names for Alllah in the Koran; things like the guardian, the great, the giver of life, etc.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's the same God as in your bible so I really don't see what the name has anything to do with it.

And what blasphemy are u talking 'bout? Saying "their god" as in "their dad" is blasphemy?

You said "their god" as in he isn't your god, which means you just denied him as being your god. That's blasphemy according to your book.

How could that be a blasphemy since the True God according to his Infallible written word of God The Bible say:

“For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him.” (1 Corinthians 8:5-6)

Who is this God?

Isa 42:8 (DBY) - I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images."

Psa 83:18 (ASV) - "That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, Art the Most High over all the earth."

So which name is the true name of Allah?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

What do you mean by this statement?

"The Kingdom of Heaven is Within"

Within who?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Within who?

I'll answer for him. The kingdom of heaven is within each and every living thing in the universe.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

You wrote:

["As a member of ATS for over a year you really should learn how to use the ATS quoting system...just saying. It's the little box forth from the right at the top it says "Quote".]

I am a self-declared and self-admitted computer imbecile. Though I doubt, that this makes 'god' infallible at the end of the day; ..... if you are somewhere around topic, that is.

Quote: ["As for your post, like others, if you despise what the bible teaches both in morality and history that is your prerogative."]

There are many (imo) boring or stupid books available, and I do not use my time on writing reviews of them. I oppose invasive missionary efforts from elitist, monopoly-seeking ideologies and naturally relate to whatever propaganda manuals they rely on.

Quote: ["But don't expect people like myself to just sit back at let you have free reign as you malign it."]

I don't. I actually count upon christian missionaries profiling themselves strongly. Some of them are the best ally a bible-critic can wish for.

Quote: ["If attacks are made, there will be a defense."]

In a historical or ideological perspective the christianities aren't exactly in a position of complaining about 'persecution'.

But then placing blame is a christian tradition starting with 'god' saying: "Now see what you made me do" to Adam and Eve.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Within who?

I'll answer for him. The kingdom of heaven is within each and every living thing in the universe.

Thanks - please explain in what way and who said it?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I still don't see how just because I'm using words to present my theory instead of numbers, my theory is void. Moreover, why can't you just argue about what is being presented instead of how it is being presented? In my opinion, it shouldn't matter that I'm using words. Sure, mathematics would be helpful, but I don't really know how you could express either concept with math in the first place. Imo, you can't use 0 to define nothing. You might could use 0 to define a specific quantity, but to use 0 to define nothing is irrelevant if such numbers do not exist in that realm. Mathematics is just how people define what is relative, and in both the concept of nothing and infinity, each is a reference point and neither is relative to anything. Everything is relative to those things.

Also, zero is not an accurate approximation of nothing because there exists smaller numbers than zero. Nothing would best be described as negative infinity, and infinity would best be described as positive infinity in terms of mathematics.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Within who?

For one thing, there is no man in the sky that says anything to anybody ever, unless it is an alien telepathically communicating with you. For two, anytime anyone ever wrote anything in the Bible and claimed it came from God, it was either an alien, or the voice in their head.

I'm not demeaning the voice in the head. The voice in the head is God because we are God collectively. As an expression, or thought, of God, we are the ones that make up his "body" and "mind". God is not a man in the sky. God is infinity/nothing. The two ultimate absolutes as one. In this potential lies a finite universe that we are. In other words, we are inseparably a part of God, and in fact, the universe as you know it is just an illusion.

So, anytime you hear about someone saying they are talking to God, they are just accessing the intelligence called wisdom that comes from within. Since the voice of God comes from within, it is logical to assume that the kingdom of God is there too. It is what you are. You just have to become aware of it.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

You wrote:

["Of course any human being can feel the pain of loss from death. In fact the Creator of emotion himself feel the pain whenever a life is lost - something people tend to forget. This is not a surprise though because many so called religious leaders teach that it's part of God's plan."]

I believed, that the plan was 'mysterious'. But anyway including masochism isn't a smart move for an alleged creator, unless he himself is into sadism ofcourse

(Masochism tends to make people gloomy and apathic, and the cosmic dynamics will consequently suffer).

Quote: [" religious leaders teach that it's part of God's plan. Many bad things are done in the name of God - so of course he is blamed for it. In addition, this is what God's enemy wanted to accomplish for thousands of years - portray God as a selfish cruel, blood letting-thirsty God. So far he's been very successful - even turning the written word of God as something to be despised even disregard as worthless."]

Sure, ....it's him what did it.

Quote: ["But the truth is none of the badness and wickedness attributed to God is true - they are all false accusations launch by his enemies (Satan/demons/unbelievers)"]

YOUR 'truth'.

Quote: ["Notice the following scriptures in contrast to what you're saying:"]

Which is a mighty argument to people, who question your manual.

Manners and decorum prevent me from citing the flying spaghetti monster on this, because while he doesn't kill people on whims, he DOES have a very colourful language.

Quote: ["So without a doubt God is a God of Love as the scripture say at 1 John 4:16 - also think about this, how can darkness be mixed with light?"]

Darkness can't be mixed with light, as darkness is absence of photons, while light is presence of photons. An upgrading of your allegories to fit with reality could be recommended.

Quote: ["What is the REASON why God allowed these sad, bloody events to be written?"]

Because it's a schizoid sociopath being described?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I realized you closed the door to good debate and conversation,, evidently due to my reference of my being homosexual, pagan.

Nah, why would I do that, the bible says there is hope for all.
1 Corinthians 6: 9-11

9Do you not know that the unrighteous and the wrongdoers will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived (misled): neither the impure and immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who participate in homosexuality, 10Nor cheats (swindlers and thieves), nor greedy graspers, nor drunkards, nor foulmouthed revilers and slanderers, nor extortioners and robbers will inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God. 11 And all this describes what some of you were. But now you have had every stain washed off: now you have been set apart as holy: now you have been pronounced free from guilt; in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and through the Spirit of our God.

The bold part is the most important part of that whole thought.

Anybody can change and be forgiven at any moment, that is the beauty of the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
It's just sad that more people in this world aren't utilizing it. But God's forgiveness has no limits, other than blasphemy against his Holy Spirit, only very few actually get to that point, and the things in that scripture are not part of that. Read the story of King Manasseh, if you don't already know it.

Manasseh's Evil Rule
Manasseh Forgiven

99% of humanity will never do and scheme the evil things that King did, yet God forgave him.
Just something to think about.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I understand why you such have a dark view of a loving God because you don't know and refuse to know him. Instead you insist on what others say about him.

As for my analogy of darkness and light / taking poison water from a pure water - the analogy is very simple - simply means that both can't exist at the same time. It's either night time or day time - pure water or poison water that will come out from a fountain.

So what convinced you that God is "schizoid sociopath"?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

I mean its readily apparent that God does bad things in the OT and good things in the NT. The end of the OT is when God becomes "schizophrenic".

Read and understand my signature.
edit on 21-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

You wrote:

["So what convinced you that God is "schizoid sociopath"?"]

Reading OT and meeting christian missionaries.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

I mean its readily apparent that God does bad things in the OT and good things in the NT. The end of the OT is when God becomes "schizophrenic".

Read and understand my signature.
edit on 21-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

Interesting - so what's view of Christ Jesus? Is he also ""schizophrenic"?

As for Infinity - I somewhat agree with smithjustinb.

To me Infinity simply means without END - NOT nothing but something from macro - micro -vise-versa.

Take the micro world for example - the more we dig in the more we find that there's more than what the can see.

From atom (smallest particle) to God Particle - and I won't be surprised that once we see the God Particle (bosons) we will realized that there's more to it.

The Macro world - from the smallest star to the biggest star - yet we still finding more - no end to it.

We only say nothing because our perception is still limited.

Yet all of these were already revealed to us in a book - we are just now confirming its truthfulness.

So back to my Q:

what's ur view of Christ Jesus? Is he also ""schizophrenic"?

edit on 21-7-2011 by edmc^2 because: ur

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

His true name is the same as your god's true name, seeing as they're the same entity.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

OK - thanks, I think I have an idea where your coming from now.

So based on what you said - what did Jesus mean then when he said the words quoted below to those who hated him and wanted to kill him?

“neither will people be saying, ‘See here!’ or, ‘There!’ For, look! the kingdom of God is in YOUR midst.”” (Luke 17:21 NWT)

either shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

© Info
NKJV
"nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!'* For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
Footnote:
* NU-Text reverses here and there.

© Info
NLT
You won't be able to say, 'Here it is!' or 'It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is already among you.*"
Footnote:
* Or is within you, or is in your grasp.

© Info
NIV
nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within* you."
Footnote:
* Or among

© Info
ESV
nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or 'There!' for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you."*
Footnote:
* Or within you, or within your grasp

© Info
NASB
nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is *in your midst."

© Info
RSV
nor will they say, 'Lo, here it is!' or 'There!' for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you."

© Info
ASV
neither shall they say, Lo, here! or, There! for lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

© Info
YLT
nor shall they say, Lo, here; or lo, there; for lo, the reign of God is within you.'

© Info
DBY
nor shall they say, Lo here, or, Lo there; for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.

© Info
WEB
Neither will they say, Lo here! or lo there! for behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

© Info
HNV
neither will they say, 'Look, here!' or, 'Look, there!' for behold, the Kingdom of God is within you."

www.blueletterbible.org.../21

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Within who?

In what way? That is something you have to figure out for yourself... but who said it?

That i can answer....

Thomas
113 His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"

"It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it."

Luke 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Now you know who said it...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

His true name is the same as your god's true name, seeing as they're the same entity.

Better not say that to a Muslim or else you will be accused of blasphemy.

ATS members - who are of the Muslim/Islamic faith, would it be proper to say that Allah is the same as the Hebrew Yehuwah or it anglicize version Jehovah?

ty,

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Same Q:

Why did Jesus said the following to the people who hated him and going to kill him?

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

ty

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Same Q:

Why did Jesus said the following to the people who hated him and going to kill him?

ty

Jesus was harmless, and did not lie...

He said the same to those who hated them as he did to those who loved and followed him...

He would have no reason to not tell them what he knew was true...

edit on 21-7-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join