It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by edmc^2
reply to post by Akragon

Same Q:

Why did Jesus said the following to the people who hated him and going to kill him?

Luke 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

ty

Jesus was harmless, and did not lie...

He said the same to those who hated them as he did to those who loved and followed him...

He would have no reason to not tell them what he knew was true...

edit on 21-7-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Agree, but still - what was the reason, why Jesus said "the kingdom of God is within you" if they hated him and was going to kill him?

Do you think that these haters and killers have the God's kingdom in their hearts? Is that what Jesus meant?

If so - in what way they have in their heart if they hatred toward the King of kings and Lord of lords?

If not then what?

edit on 21-7-2011 by edmc^2 because: q

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Same Q:

Why did Jesus said the following to the people who hated him and going to kill him?

Luke 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

ty

Jesus was harmless, and did not lie...

He said the same to those who hated them as he did to those who loved and followed him...

He would have no reason to not tell them what he knew was true...

edit on 21-7-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Agree, but still - what was the reason, why Jesus said "the kingdom of God is within you" if they hated him and was going to kill him?

I think i understand what you're asking...

You're thinking that because they hated him they must have been lacking something. Maybe a soul, or a spirit... What he's saying is the kingdom is within everyone, you, me, them... every living thing has a spirit. And even inanimate objects still have a vibration...

The men he was talking to believed the kingdom which jesus spoke of was a place... when in fact he tells them its right here, you just don't realize its here.

The reason he said it was because it is the truth regardless of how they felt towards them...

He also taught "love thine enemy".....btw

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

reply to post by bogomil

So what convinced you that God is "schizoid sociopath"?

I mean its readily apparent that God does bad things in the OT and good things in the NT. The end of the OT is when God becomes "schizophrenic".

Read and understand my signature.
edit on 21-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

Interesting - so what's view of Christ Jesus? Is he also ""schizophrenic"?

Christ Jesus didn't come around till the NT. Christ Jesus:NT God :: Satan:OT God. Moreover, Jesus is a human alien hybrid. Part angel, part human. This would be the only way a virgin birth would be possible. And considering the presence of Gabriel around this time, I'd say Jesus is son of Gabriel. If you have ever seen an angel as I have, you would know that it is an easy misinterpretation. We are all the offspring of God. Some are just evolved more than others along the line of awareness. That's all. What I'm saying is, there is likely entire planets with people like Jesus, or even people greater than Jesus. Our destiny is angelhood or demonhood.

To answer your question, Jesus was not schizophrenic, he was just a being not of this earth, like any other being not of this earth who is a higher expression of infinity on the path to infinity. Its not that God is schizophrenic, its just that his being as infinity/nothing is a paradox. Jesus is a higher expression of infinity/nothing with a bias towards infinity(going with the flow (love)). Satan is a higher expression of infinity/nothing with a bias towards nothingness(destruction).

You see, I apply logic to ancient manuscripts in an effort to generate understanding in a logical way. However, my logic mind might be operating outside the limits of your logic mind, so it might be generating misunderstanding, but I have presented one of the closest logical approximations to spiritual matters than I have ever heard. Basically, I'm just trying to make sense of beliefs that make no sense, and I think I did very well.

Its true. The bible doesn't make any sense. But that's just because it hasn't been given the proper context yet. What I present to you is context. And now it all should make sense. Infinity/nothing is God.

As for Infinity - I somewhat agree with smithjustinb.

To me Infinity simply means without END - NOT nothing but something from macro - micro -vise-versa.

The universe won't be the same tomorrow as it was today. The closest approximation you can get to infinity coming from nothing is to imagine creation through all time beginning to end. This is the way we perceive time. From nothing to infinity. This is the way things go. The destroyers wish to go from infinity to nothing (backwards in time). They wish to take marvelous creations and destroy them into nothingness. This goes against the flow. You see? The destroyers are a result of guilt, shame, fear, jealousy, hatred, and nonacceptance. They want the past back because they don't like where the present is going. They worry. But no worry! It will all be reconciled at some point. All you can do is go with the flow (time) towards infinity, so I say accept the easy way and enjoy the ride.

It all comes down to enjoyment. Time moves forward to infinity. So enjoy the ride, because what awaits is beyond your imagination. Time doesn't move backwards to nothingness. That really would make the ride suck. Its why the path to nothingness feels hopeless. It's why the path to infinity feels enjoyable. Don't you see how this all fits?

Its all just a creation. Why is there even a such thing as a path to nothingness and a path to infinity? Its because it is God exploring himself. And God is both.

Take the micro world for example - the more we dig in the more we find that there's more than what the can see.

From atom (smallest particle) to God Particle - and I won't be surprised that once we see the God Particle (bosons) we will realized that there's more to it.

The Macro world - from the smallest star to the biggest star - yet we still finding more - no end to it.

It is very big indeed, but that doesn't mean it is infinite. Infinity would be everything throughout all time plus everything*10^infinity+infinity throughout even more time.

We only say nothing because our perception is still limited.

Yet all of these were already revealed to us in a book - we are just now confirming its truthfulness.

So back to my Q:

what's ur view of Christ Jesus? Is he also ""schizophrenic"?

edit on 21-7-2011 by edmc^2 because: ur

No. Jesus is an unconditional lover and embracer of the path to infinity which he has been on longer than we have. He's just older.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Do you think that these haters and killers have the God's kingdom in their hearts? Is that what Jesus meant?

If so - in what way they have in their heart if they hatred toward the King of kings and Lord of lords?

If not then what?

The fact is they had hatred in their hearts, which is something that blinds people from realizing their own spirit...

Negitive emotions/ feelings/ actions detach us from God, and keep us "attached"if you will, to the physical side of our world.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

If not then what?

The fact is they had hatred in their hearts, which is something that blinds people from realizing their own spirit...

Negitive emotions/ feelings/ actions detach us from God, and keep us "attached"if you will, to the physical side of our world.

There is heaven and hell. Both are a matter of perception.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

If not then what?

Prove either exist...

Hell is a pathetic scare tactic used to convert people... and control the population for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Believe whatever you like my friend, but fairy tales don't scare me...

Fear only Fear itself bro...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

If not then what?

No disagreement with what you said above.

But based on my studies of the scriptures the simple answer to question as to why Jesus said:

"behold, the kingdom of God is within you" or as NWT/NASB puts it "the kingdom of God is in YOUR midst"

to those who hated him is because - they are looking at Jesus as the REPRESENTATIVE of God's Kingdom.

Jesus is the King of kings and Lord of lords of God's Kingdom, thus he is in the "their midst" or as NLT puts it:

"the Kingdom of God is already among you".

Notice:

“When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. And all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

“Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, YOU who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for YOU from the founding of the world.” (Matthew 25:31-34)

“These will battle with the Lamb, but, because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those called and chosen and faithful with him [will do so].”” (Revelation 17:14)

like I said before - the Bible interprets and answers itself, we get into trouble as soon as we put our own flawed understanding.

Now - in what way Jesus is King of kings?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

to those who hated him is because - they are looking at Jesus as the REPRESENTATIVE of God's Kingdom.

why would they consider him a "representitive" of God's kindgom when they hated him?

Most of the Pharisees thought he was nothing but a fool.

Did this just turn into bible school?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

why would they consider him a "representitive" of God's kindgom when they hated him?

It's part of the conversation I guess - but if you have no answer then back to the title of the thread - Why God's Word IS infallible? Because it will never make a mistake as the Author is a Living God.

SO far none has provided otherwise.

edit on 21-7-2011 by edmc^2 because: part

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

If not then what?

Prove either exist...

Hell is a pathetic scare tactic used to convert people... and control the population for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Believe whatever you like my friend, but fairy tales don't scare me...

Fear only Fear itself bro...

Its not a fairy tale. Fear IS hell. I'm not referring to a place of fire and brimstone. I'm talking about awareness living on outside your body, and you just happen to be aware of fear when you die. If you don't believe in afterlife, then Hell is on earth. Heaven as well.

I can't prove with math, but I can conceptually observe implications that awareness is not limited to self-awareness. By evolution, the beings with a higher awareness are the more evolved. So if humans evolve again, they would go from self-awareness to probably collective awareness. This means I could see out of your eyes and you could see out of mine. This is of course, beyond the realm of facts, but keep in mind, evolution follows a line of awareness. So if my awareness even has the opportunity to expand like that, then that would mean that it was never really limited to my body in the first place, I had just concentrated it by the faculties of my brain. Then due to the fact that my awareness is your awareness, if I was to die, I would still live on as awareness, because you would still have the awareness that we all shared. Therefore, my awareness would not die.

If I happened to be aware of what was good, I would probably remain to be aware of what is good. If I happened to be aware of what was bad, I would probably remain aware of what is bad.

All just speculation of course. Albeit, logical imo.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

It's part of the conversation I guess - but if you have no answer then back to the title of the thread - Why God's Word IS infallible? Because it will never make a mistake as the Author is a Living God.

SO far none has provided otherwise.

edit on 21-7-2011 by edmc^2 because: part

I just don't need an explanation about why Jesus was this or that... each persons understanding is different according to what hes told or what he reads.

like I said before - the Bible interprets and answers itself, we get into trouble as soon as we put our own flawed understanding.

This is the problem... one persons understanding is never universal. Which is why theres so many different "flavors" of christianity. So whos to say what is flawed?

You didn't answer my question...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Better not say that to a Muslim or else you will be accused of blasphemy.

No, Muslims believe in the first two testaments just like Christians. The only difference is they think Jesus was a prophet rather than the Messiah, although they still think Jesus will come again in the end to judge everyone.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I dont care what is said in the bible. Its written by men, translated by men, passed down by men... and men (People) lie.... and get things wrong all the time... so... I will assume the bible is incorrect in every aspect until proven otherwise.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Its not a fairy tale. Fear IS hell. I'm not referring to a place of fire and brimstone.

Ahh...alright, the word "hell" usually sends up warning flares...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
I dont care what is said in the bible. Its written by men, translated by men, passed down by men... and men (People) lie.... and get things wrong all the time... so... I will assume the bible is incorrect in every aspect until proven otherwise.

Perhaps you might show me anything Jesus said that was "incorrect"?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

looks like you answered your own Q:

"why would they consider him a "representative" of God's kingdom when they hated him?

get it?

If not - here:

“So the multitude of them rose, one and all, and led him to Pilate. Then they started to accuse him, saying: “This man we found subverting our nation and forbidding the paying of taxes to Caesar and saying he himself is Christ a king.” Now Pilate asked him the question: “Are you the king of the Jews?” In answer to him he said: “You yourself are saying [it].”” (Luke 23:1-3)

“For this reason Pilate kept on seeking how to release him. But the Jews shouted, saying: “If you release this [man], you are not a friend of Caesar. Every man making himself a king speaks against Caesar.” Therefore Pilate, after hearing these words, brought Jesus outside, and he sat down on a judgment seat in a place called The Stone Pavement, but, in Hebrew, Gab′ba·tha. Now it was preparation of the passover; it was about the sixth hour. And he said to the Jews: “See! YOUR king!” However, they shouted: “Take [him] away! Take [him] away! Impale him!” Pilate said to them: “Shall I impale YOUR king?” The chief priests answered: “We have no king but Caesar.”” (John 19:12-15)

So now you know - the statement "the kingdom of God is within you" really means ""the Kingdom of God is already among you" because Jesus was right there - in front of them - in "their midst". Anyone who say otherwise is wrong.

So the truth does matter as there are as you say:

...problem... one persons understanding is never universal. Which is why theres so many different "flavors" of christianity.

And not all will lead to the same place.

So whos to say what is flawed?

This is the reason why I said the written word of God The Bible IS Infallible - as such we can use it The Gold Standard.

Any doctrine or (spiritual) teaching that's not based on God's word is flawed - can be easily proven or dis-proven.

“Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.” (John 17:17)

ciao...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

looks like you answered your own Q:

"why would they consider him a "representative" of God's kingdom when they hated him?

get it?

no...

That makes no sence.... i asked you a question, to which you replied with my question, then said "get it"...

This....

“So the multitude of them rose, one and all, and led him to Pilate. Then they started to accuse him, saying: “This man we found subverting our nation and forbidding the paying of taxes to Caesar and saying he himself is Christ a king.” Now Pilate asked him the question: “Are you the king of the Jews?” In answer to him he said: “You yourself are saying [it].”” (Luke 23:1-3)

“For this reason Pilate kept on seeking how to release him. But the Jews shouted, saying: “If you release this [man], you are not a friend of Caesar. Every man making himself a king speaks against Caesar.” Therefore Pilate, after hearing these words, brought Jesus outside, and he sat down on a judgment seat in a place called The Stone Pavement, but, in Hebrew, Gab′ba·tha. Now it was preparation of the passover; it was about the sixth hour. And he said to the Jews: “See! YOUR king!” However, they shouted: “Take [him] away! Take [him] away! Impale him!” Pilate said to them: “Shall I impale YOUR king?” The chief priests answered: “We have no king but Caesar.”” (John 19:12-15)

Is all well and good, but it has nothing to do with anything in this conversation...

So now you know - the statement "the kingdom of God is within you" really means ""the Kingdom of God is already among you" because Jesus was right there - in front of them - in "their midst

So you're saying Jesus is the "kingdom of God"...?

Anyone who say otherwise is wrong.

Definitives are fun arn't they....

And not all will lead to the same place.

I disagree...

This is the reason why I said the written word of God The Bible IS Infallible - as such we can use it The Gold Standard.

Any doctrine or (spiritual) teaching that's not based on God's word is flawed - can be easily proven or dis-proven.

Yet again, i disagree...

Your inturpretation might not agree with others.... but we've been over this already....i think.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
reply to post by edmc^2

c'mon man... it's clearly implying that man was created first... and even if one were to accept your twisted interpretation you're still left with the discrepancy of the wild beasts and the flying creatures being created in between Adam and Eve... where in the first account the animals were created prior to man and man and woman were created simultaneously...

in case you missed it the first time... since I didn't see a reply....

maybe the third post is the charm?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Better not say that to a Muslim or else you will be accused of blasphemy.

No, Muslims believe in the first two testaments just like Christians. The only difference is they think Jesus was a prophet rather than the Messiah, although they still think Jesus will come again in the end to judge everyone.

Interesting - so do you believe that God will accept Muslims if they don't accept Jesus as the Savior?

“Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)

What's ur take?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

oh... and just out of curiousity... you are a Jehovah's Witness, right? Just because I want to know what your interpretation is.... It makes things simpler when I don't have to guess...

edit on 21-7-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: add

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join