It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longtitude 112 degrees 35min 15.84sec.84W Latitude 32deg.43min.40.37sec.N

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
A U-2 flies over lets say, Hanoi, and takes lots of high res film pictures of the city and surrounding area. After the film is processed and examined, a star shaped ground symbol is observed and upon closer examination it is determined to be a SAM site with radar.

My knowledge on warfare is as Stephen Hawking's to windsurfing. I can't argue with your explanation here, it makes perfect sense. Still, why was the "original military base" designed on that of an ancient symbol, that is what i wanna know.
edit on 7/19/2011 by qonone because: added

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

Come on man do you see the bomb craters in many of these pictures?? The small craters are from concrete/sand filled practice bombs. They are clear as day in Zorgon's post.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
[

edit on 19-7-2011 by Gloster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
If you look at the original picture the triangles are precise whereas the circle is drawn sloppily. Almost as though by two different people . In all the other military procedures the depictions are precise,clear and to the point which makes me wonder about the author.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i live in Mesa, AZ just east of this location. When we drive to Tucson we pass this area everytime. I can definately confirm that this is exactly what everyone is describing, bombing test targets. You can even here the tests in some areas around there.

As for the UFO sightings.. During the night they practice with flares and different illumination techniques. I have been duped first hand by these while traveling to CA. They drop them in succesion and it almost looks like 3-4 UFO's lighting up then dimming out. This is what the local officials placed the blame on after the famous Phoenix Lights incident. For the record I believe that incident was for sure NOT flares.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GisfridMaillor

I agree. Having spent a while in the Army and having occasion to jump from a plane or two i have indeed seen (not these particular ones) target markers in many different shapes based on Soviet and Chinese AA configurations (There are alot) and then securing the site. On Google maps, if you plug in the OP's coordinates you will find an airstrip with a few MIG-21's parked at either end and one on the runway. There arent any UFO bases to be seen here.
However, there is a triangle SSE of the airstrip. On th east side of the triangle is a building in the upright that disappears when you zoom in. Thats just good security.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Barry M. Goldwater Air Force Range

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Yes I can see now why that range was hardly used, which was what puzzled me.

The shape is an invitation to an enemy, daft buggers.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BAZ752
What its exact purpose is, I have no idea, but I would hazard a guess at it being of military usage.

Military usage?
Gee I dunno bout that... I mean it isn't like this thing is on the Tonopah section of the Nellis AFB bombing range or anything...

Oh wait!!! it IS!!!

Wanna see the ones on China's test range?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I would suggest at least half or more of the AA installations are well-hidden and in places we generally wouldn't expect.

Hmmm Well I can show you some in Alaska...

Nike Surface to Air launchers... active

MIKE Launcher Complex, Fort Wainwright
+64° 35' 10.80", -146° 43' 49.11"

MIKE Firing Control, Fort Wainwright
+64° 34' 54.73", -146° 45' 7.75"

PETER Launcher Complex, Fort Wainwright
+64° 40' 25.22", -146° 45' 4.81"

JIG Launcher Complex, Salcha, Alaska
+64° 31' 37.90", -146° 57' 47.71"

I have hundreds of them in file

Even some Mobile ICBM launchers in Russia... from an area blacked out by Google. I have on the ground pictures

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Hey thanks... didn't have that one in my list

SAM site-looking target in Tolicha Peak By Stan567 This one seems to be abandonned, you can see another one 10km NW.. It is part of the Tolicha Peak Electronic Combat Range and was used for bombing practices.

Google Earth post

Now I need to find that second one

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
My knowledge on warfare is as Stephen Hawking's to windsurfing. I can't argue with your explanation here, it makes perfect sense. Still, why was the "original military base" designed on that of an ancient symbol, that is what i wanna know.
edit on 7/19/2011 by qonone because: added

Get out your pencil and paper and draw it: Put a command and control node at the center of the page.

Then--using a compass and protractor if you are feeling mathy--put six missile sites equidistant from the C2 node. I'm not good with ASCII art, so bear with me.

m

m m
m m

m

Connect each missile site to the site next to it--you'll have a circle.

----- m-----
/ \
m m
| * |
m m
\ /
------m-------

Now connect each missile to the next site plus on. You'll have a six-pointed star. I'm not drawing that here, we have reached the end of my ASCII art skills. The actual result will be more complex because you'll need a few more sites and roads, and it must be adjusted to geography, but the star-in-a-circle is good enough for training.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
How can there be a highway running theough a bombing range?? So close to all these targets?

Access for military vehicles

I like the target theory, but can't make sence that thre is so much public access - the whole area has dozens of photographs on it....

a) it's not a theory... they are targets
b) these are old and unused
c) Area 51 also has lots of photos...

Us desert rats like to "explore"

You do find some interesting signs out here though

Area 51

Nevada Test Site

edit on 19-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Way to go Zorgon...

Woo Hoo

Des

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
just for fun, i went and followed NASA Rd...outside of Las Cruces, New Mexico...north of US 70...the NASA White Sands Testing Facility is there (i've been there, once...delivered computers to them)...anyways...i decided to follow the road across the mountains, and it took me right into the White Sands Missile Range....where i stopped at was these coordinates: 32.647533,-106.347987

copy that into google maps, and zoom in on it....it'll show Wsmr S Rt264...one of many roads on that base....if you go north from that just a little bit before you get to Wsmr P Rt21, after crossing the railroad tracks...on the left side....it appears to be a possible opening into an underground part of the base...you'll notice how it blends in with the rest of the ground, but something is definitely there, because there's a distinct shadow on the south side of it....it blends in with the surrounding terrain...but it's in plain sight

update: google earth gets you to the exact spot
edit on 2011/7/19 by moonweed because: update

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

The images vary considerably. I would like to point out the differences in that your model has no intersecting triangles. The way the original figure connects it`s mounds is unique as is its placement of them. The center of the 3 in the middle has a" tail" which leads outside the circle and is sloppily done .. So is the perimeter of the circle. Every thing the military does is precise and a sloppy target area does not compute. This does not fit in

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

Yup that is certainly an underground bunker entrance
Nice didn't have that one either

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84d0b506d141.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonweed
it took me right into the White Sands Missile Range...

White Sands also has one of the three space laser ranges. The other two at Kirtland AFB and Maui Hawaii. There is one in Russia too... I spotted that site a few years back and Google sent in for new pictures

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Yeah, awesome. I am not arguing that these are not a layout of battalions nor the aerial target practice fact.

I will quote muzzleflash (page 5) as this is my question as well

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Ok so this begs the question:

Are these shapes and symbols actually superior defensive layouts?

Or are there better layouts that do not make fancy religious symbols but yet they are choosing inferior defensive shapes based on "how things look"?

Let me guess....

Does it mean that it's a coincidence that it takes on a clear pattern of the 'mythological" Seal of Solomon or as some prefer to say, The Star of David? I don't know if i missed by not reading where/when this originally started to be used in the military, which country, and by the looks it was from WWII? I get the whole layout/design and can draw the patterns to recreate the symbol in my mind, so it is not that which confuses me. It is why this symbol pops up when the layout is complete.

But i concede, i'll just enjoy the new pics that gets put up.

edit on 7/19/2011 by qonone because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/19/2011 by qonone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
it's amazing how much stuff like this is right under our noses...i'm still trying to find some of the missile silos that are along US 54 and 70, there in New Mexico..can't see them very well, if you're in a car..but the view from an 18-wheeler is pretty decent

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join