It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longtitude 112 degrees 35min 15.84sec.84W Latitude 32deg.43min.40.37sec.N

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
reply to post by chardonnay

I believe it be a standard formation for anti-aircraft placements.

edit on 18-7-2011 by Mister_Bit because: (no reason given)

It could be but I don't think AF bases in the USA are worried about being attacked by aircraft. I was in the USN and I don't ever recall seeing anti-aircraft guns on any base I've been on.

It is on the border with Mexico, but our real threat from Mexico is their criminals, who don't fly

edit on 18-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Usually the placement of anti-aircraft batteries is kept on the down-low.

If the enemy knows where all of your defenses are, than your defense is compromised greatly.

I would suggest at least half or more of the AA installations are well-hidden and in places we generally wouldn't expect.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

The particular setup in the photo is Soviet in design and was a dread for U.S. pilots over North Vietnam.

It is nothing new and not a mystery, the specific shape is utilitarian for an SA-2 missile battery and has nothing to do with secret western societies.

See here..

img713.imageshack.us...

and here..

Site layout

Each battalion will typically have six, semi-fixed, single-rail launchers for their V-750 missiles positioned approximately 60 to 100 m (200 to 330 ft) apart from each other in a hexagonal "flower" pattern, with radars and guidance systems placed in the center. It was this unique "flower" shape that led to the sites being easily recognizable in reconnaissance photos. Typically another six missiles are stored on tractor-trailers near the center of the site.

A current example of a site can be seen here just to the west of the junction to Bosra on the M5 motorway in Syria, south of Damascus. This location covers the borders with both Israel and Jordan, so it is of strategic importance.

SA-2 Guideline/S-75 Dvina

edit on 18-7-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider

Originally posted by jude11

Even stranger...

edit on 18-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

I was going to comment on this as well but couldn't quite come up with the words to define it..

If you scroll north of these structures there are some rust colored lines that look like a petroglyph... Any ideas on what this might be?

im not overly all about my masonic imagery in built up government structures.... but can anyone else see two "masonic" compass???

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
It is nothing new and not a mystery, the specific shape is utilitarian for an SA-2 missile battery and has nothing to do with secret western societies.

Misunderstanding. When i say "modern day" i mean since man had planes, knowing it was used in the mid 1900's. The symbol i am referring to is the one that clearly looks like the seal of Solomon. I am speaking of this google photo. This one peaked my interest because of the modern day aircraft using ancient symbols for whatever reason, or for target practice, or in the way a battalion is/was laid out(Cheers for help on that). Why a symbol that has serious mythological meaning behind it is being connected to aerial and warfare makes it a mystery to me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e5ccfac2940.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43ae35c8add8.png[/atsimg]

On this one you show i do not see it as in the google image on page 1 (one i copied above) The one above is quite a clear symbol compared to the following one. There are no lines on eye creating the symbol's pattern. Yes, one can draw the lines in your head and create patterns (hexagon) but the above google image is the Seal of Solomon taken from google earth. Apologies for quoting you on the incorrect image if so.

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
See here..

img713.imageshack.us...

Thanks for providing guidelines and the layout of the battalions

edit on 7/19/2011 by qonone because: added

edit on 7/19/2011 by qonone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
If you like this sort of thing...

Some of the long lines are most likely designed as strafing targets-- the idea is to hit along the line with rockets or guns as an example of striking a convoy or a train.

Usually, the topsoil was graded away by machine to make the targets. We made lots of these during WWII. I read that targets near Roswell were made of piled up dirt and rock and sometimes included Swastikas to make the target all the more worth hitting.

Like this one...

33 04' 29.83" N 104 42' 15.01" W

I like beaches, and so include the Matagorda Island Bombing Range, at.

28 12' 52.21"N 96 39' 36.49"W

There is another target down the beach and the Army Air Field (c. 1943) for the target range up the beach.

Here is a "battleship" in the Roswell area from the same era:

33 7'19.25"N 104 38'12.25"W
edit on 18-7-2011 by Frira because: added the battleship

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

Yeah, I see it right away. The resemblance to 'kokopeli' is a little stunning.

I'm back. I have yet to nail it down firmly but it appears that there are a lot of ancient petroglyphs near (NW) Gila Bend, AZ.

If you look to the left of the 'Kokopelli' petroglyph (Google Earth) you will see Gila Bend Unified District. So I checked out Gila Bend and they are big on petroglyphs and Kokopelli. I am guessing there is a connection.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

good find, first time ive seen this location mentioned =D Deffinatly looks like the star of david to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I would have to agree with several posters these are targets, my first thought was maybe satellite calibrations. But in the area there are lots of crazy things look just north of Pueta Penasco, Mexico SW on OP's sight, there is a dark spot riddled with craters most look like natural impacts...

Good find I like looking at this stuff even if they are just high dollar gun ranges.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I am using a computer with Ubuntu 11.04 installed.

Using the Debian googleearth package I can see way down low in high detail.

There are multiple weird designs in that area. Zooming down I found a picture posted of a sign on the perimeter of that area. I quote.

"DANGER
USAF GUNNERY RANGE
DO NOT ENTER
PELIGRO
NO SE PERMTE
ENTRADA"

We call them "Impact areas" in the army. That place would be littered with UXO, IE: unexploded ordinance. That stuff could go off if you look at it wrong. Enter at your own risk.

That star of david formation does indeed appear to be a mock-up of a Russian AAA site. Best way to take those out is with cluster bombs little bomblets that scatter all around and explode. The Iraquies call it "steel rain." There are ALWAYS left over bomblets some shaped weird just to draw the curious to pick them up and die. War is hell.

edit on 19-7-2011 by lycidas because: Added additional detail about UXO

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
What most of you are missing is that there are two very distinct pictures here of three very different things. The star layout is the AA site, while the Masonic device you mention is radar / monitoring station for the nearby gunnery range. The long line attached to the “bull’s eye” is the gunnery target. The long line leading up to it is the approach vector, to line the aircraft up on the target. The cross hatches over this long line are range markers to give the pilots visual cues to the "Range to Target." And the “bulls Eye” is exactly that. This range is not used for “live fire” but for practice runs and therefore there are no bomb craters on the bull’s eye. There are no bomb craters on the other two areas either, as they were never intended as targets. The AA site near the gunnery range is standard practice, as this can also give the AA operators a chance to practice acquiring targets and locking in on fast moving aircraft. Not to mention it is a functioning AA site for national Air Defense, and must be placed on a military base somewhere. As for the signs warning the “Public” to stay away, well that seems like a foregone conclusion, but just in case anybody fails to realize this is dangerous to be out on a gunnery range where they do have live fire missions just a short distance from these sites. And on top of this, all military bases have these signs, no matter what the function of the base is. It is just common practice to keep any non authorized personnel off of the military bases. This is simple security, nothing strange about that.

****EDIT

Ah sorry I see the sign post was sarcastic now, my bad for not reading it close the first time around.
edit on 19-7-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Calm down everyone. What you are seeing is a Mock-up of a Soviet SA-2 SAM site. The Air Force uses it to practice bombing runs against Soviet style air defenses. As a forward air controller in the AF for over 20 years, I have been to Gila Bend countless times and have utilized that particular 'star of david' formation as a target and as a reference point. I appreciate the conspiracy mind-set, but this time I can honestly say: There is nothing to see here.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
those rust coloured lines just look like iron ore deposits in the bedrock , and maybe have just leeched out into the soil and oxidised leaving the red ochre look !

looks cool though

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It's a sam turret bombing site, simply training for jets. No conspiracy here.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reptillian base entrance?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Looks like marked grid formation for bombing runs. Pilots are also trained how to target in the event of a malfunction of there equipment and they have to eye it. This could be distance markers and blast grids.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I know during WWII they were placed all over the place up here in New England, now many of them are phased out, deserted bunkers and the like. I think rather than having active AA sites it would be better to have many less active radar sites and a few quick response systems.

Come to think of it the F22 is being used as primarily a homeland defence system, all ya gotta do now is add a few other toys to the mix and AA sites are not needed at all. Mobility is a great advantage in all combat.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by elephantstone
Its a bombing range,for target practice,theres quite a few in the nevada desert also,not sure if theres a reason for them being star shaped though.

"Star of David" Sam missile launch sites... simulated for bombing targets

Here is the one in Nevada on the Nellis AFB Bombing Range

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
If you look south west of the first OP there is another one with more triangles. Sorry can't upload pic. But it's south of Gila and sw of the first one. Not far just look.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider
Here's a SS of this. It's interesting.

If you open in Google Earth you can see dirt roads leading to it, and leading south from this strange groups of roads to an airfield.

I didn't resize the image on purpose.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd98cd5da238.png[/atsimg]

edit on 18-7-2011 by Backslider because: Is there some reason this isn't a scrollable image? I'm a nub.

edit on 18-7-2011 by Backslider because: Fixin'

Someone on P.1 already said this but it seems like an AA emplacement indeed now i can actually loook at it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

My personal contribution to this thread.

Tonopah, Area "S4"
A 250 meters in diameter of a metallic trap door....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join