It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Life During Wartime by Lucius Shepard - Science fiction as it should be written.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I am reading The Tommyknockers by Stephen King.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Now reading The Doomsday Machine (published early December 2017) by the one and only Daniel Ellsberg. About 2 chapters in, I put it down in order to buy a 2nd copy and drop that off at my Congressman's office, asking him and his staff to read it ASAP. I'm reading its remaining chapters now.

It's about all the previously classified US nuclear war planning information of which US citizens *and* members of Congress were previously unaware.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
'The City and the City' by China Mieville

A most excellent book - two thumbs up from me

www.fantasybookreview.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The Shing by Stephen King

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm reading Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King & Owen King.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I am curently reading the Penguin Atlas of Modern History. My school basically did not teach us history, so I am reading the Colin McEvedy series to catch up.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm reading Horns by Joe Hill.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
At the moment, I’m on a Neil Gaiman kick. I just love his work. The latest book I’m reading is The Ocean at the End of the Lane.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm reading We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I've read this before, but enjoying it again. It's a true classic, and worth the time, however long it takes a person. This book causes you sometimes to slow down, to search for meaning,and ultimately to find it.

Riddley Walker, by Russell Hoban, published in 1980.

Wonderful. It reiterated the lesson of patience, with the reward of humor, adventure and insight.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm reading Insidious Intent by Val McDermid.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: POWMIA
I am curently reading the Penguin Atlas of Modern History. My school basically did not teach us history, so I am reading the Colin McEvedy series to catch up.

I love that series. I've got the full set- Ancient, Mediaeval, Modern, Recent, American, and African. Highly recommended.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The Second World Wars

by Victor Davis Hanson

How the first global conflict was fought and won

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I'm reading Swan Song by Robert McCammon.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I am reading 'The Reluctant Shaman' by Kay Cordell Whitaker and there was an interesting story in there about Turtle Island and the creation of the Earth.

www.ancientpages.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: The_Truth_Seeker

That's a new one on me, I'll have to check it out.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

Loved the series American Gods, want to read the book.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Was on a Philip K Dick trip for a while, downladed his works and was reading through alphabetically. Got about halfway through The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritc when I switched to 1st shift from 3rd so I hardly read anymore

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The Manuscript Found in Saragossa by Jan Potocki

The Manuscript Found in Saragossa collects intertwining stories, all of them set in whole or in part in Spain, with a large and colorful cast of Romani, thieves, inquisitors, a cabbalist, a geometer, the cabbalist's beautiful sister, two Moorish princesses (Emina and Zubeida) and others that the brave, perhaps foolhardy, Walloon Guard Alphonse van Worden meets, imagines or reads about in the Sierra Morena mountains of 18th-century Spain while en route to Madrid. Recounted to the narrator over the course of sixty-six days, the novel's stories quickly overshadow van Worden's frame story. The bulk of the stories revolve around the Gypsy chief Avadoro, whose story becomes a frame story itself. Eventually the narrative focus moves again toward van Worden's frame story and a conspiracy involving an underground — or perhaps entirely hallucinated — Muslim society, revealing the connections and correspondences between the hundred or so stories told over the novel's sixty-six days.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is laugh out load funny in places. Very sharp yet simply told. And the author is a fascination in himself, he committed suicide using a silver bullet that he made himself and got blessed by a priest because he thought he was transforming into a werewolf.

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53 >>

join