It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer (Jonathan Safron Foer's brother).

Foer was tasked with writing an article about the US Memory Championships and became curious as to whether the competitors were gifted with a great memory of if it was a trainable attribute. He wound up in the championships a year late. The book reminds me a lot of word freaks, which was about scrabble competitors. It's mostly story, with facts and tips tossed in but the way it's written is with a very funny, very readable, slant.

A great read, more so if you are, like me, always forgetting names, dates etc. The first real "exercise" he is given, is passed along to the reader so that you can practice as he's learning it and, five days later, I still remember the list.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A book called "Pandora's box" by the Greek author Thanasis Vebos.

It's a book about UFOs,abductions,mind control and other paranormal phenomena and a possible connection between them.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Currently reading the 8th book in Simon R Green's "Nightside" series."The Unnatural Inquirer"
Good series. If you liked Dresden Files, you'd like this.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm reading The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger.
edit on 19-5-2011 by The_Truth_Seeker because: Because...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The Third Rail by Michael Harvey

Chicago's modern day answer to Raymond Chandler? Not quite but he does blend a great bit of the classic noir style in to the modern detective novel.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Salt: A World History

www.amazon.com...

and i find it very very interesting.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Above top secret by Jim Marrs.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm reading Dracula by Bram Stoker.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
immediate action by andy mcnab

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
David Brooks - The Social Animal, only a few chapters in, but full of interesting facts.

Readers of his Op-Ed column in The New York Times know that David Brooks is an aficionado of research in the social sciences, especially psychology, and that he believes it has great practical importance. Now he has written a book, “The Social Animal,” in order to assemble the evidence for a certain conception of the human mind, the wellsprings of action and the causes of success and failure in life, and to draw implications for social policy. The book is really a moral and social tract, but Brooks has hung it on the life stories of two imaginary people, Harold and Erica, who are used to illustrate his theory in detail and to provide the occasion for countless references to the psychological literature and frequent disquisitions on human nature and society.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The Catcher Was A Spy: The Mysterious Life Of Moe Berg.

Only at page 70 so far but it turns out that no one ever really knew Moe Berg. Very interesting and odd story of a baseball player who was fluent in multiple languages and became a spy during WW2.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.
A new take on Bram Stoker's Dracula and excellently written

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.
A new take on Bram Stoker's Dracula and excellently written

1) The Age of Ra, by James Lovegrove, a weird and engrossing fantasy in which the Egyptian Pantheon is real and rules the world and
2) Sideshow, by Lindsay Tanner, about Australian politics and the media.

That book by Kostova sounds interesting!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonna

I am reading 3 books right now:

(The Seventh Sense) by Lyn Buchanan...it is about the secrets of remote viewing

(Aliens Among Us) by Ruth Montgomery....it is about the different ways aliens from other planets really do live among us

(The David Icke Guide to the Global Conspiracy) by David Icke...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Other than the two books I am reading for research, reading The Real George Washington by Jay A. Parry. Really good read and I recommend it to anybody interested in history.www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1307295945&sr=1-3

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
In the Dead of Night

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm reading A Darker Domain by Val McDermid.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith.

I would give it a B.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The Guardian by Michael Hay LINK. I can't put this down right now seriously soo good. I love finding a new author can't wait to see what else this guy comes out with.
edit on 16-8-2011 by FEDec because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The Secret Histories novels, by Simon R. Green. Just loving this guy's stuff. I've got Game of Thrones already though, as the next book to read, and then likely the rest in that series.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join