It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

The Master Handbook of Acoustics is extremely dense. However, it is probably the easiest acoustics book to understand. I had to use it as a text book. I can not imagine using it for pleasure reading.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
I can not imagine using it for pleasure reading.

That's the geekily sad part...

I'm actually enjoying it.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Possum Kingdom

Possum Kingdom

written by my BFF cover art by ME

read it as a rough manuscript made the cover then it was outa my hands for years,now I'm on school break and I can read something besides a text book

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The White Indian Series 1976 by Donald Porter

28 novels in the series - read them all once and now starting over again!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hitler's "Mein Kampf"

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
"Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring" by JRR Tolkein

Probably about my 10th time, now, but I usually read through the entire trilogy and "The Hobbit" at least once a year.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
the latest issue of Tin House and Aimee Bender's Willful Creatures

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thunderlady

Entangled by Graham Hancock, his first Novel, for those who don't know him his biggest non-fiction book was Fingerprints of the Gods among about twenty others.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Just finishing rereading the Don Juan trilogy by Carlos Castaneda after a 30 year break. They were a lot more interesting as an adult and not a bad read. Moves fast with a kind of talking to you grandfather feel.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beezwaxes

That is interesting, I have those books in my library and am planning to reread them also, thanks for the reminder, you are right I am sure I will look at them from a different perspective after more years then I want to mention.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think you'll be pleased. I didn't have anything to read and dug them out of box of old books not really expecting to read very far, turned out I ripped through them. -enjoy

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Under the Dome - Stephen King

I'm about half way through it. Nice read so far!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Just finished "The Tao of Physics" by physicist Fritjof Capra and "The Universe Inside a Single Atom" by the Dalai Lama, both great books about the same subject from two different view points.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteMagicWoman

I loved this book. It doesn't even have alot of teh elements in it that I would typically enjoy but, for some reason, it clicked on all my cylinders. I have not enjoyed a king book so much in years.

I just finished "Pillars of the Earth" and it must be stated that never before have I despised a fake peron as much as I did William Hamleigh.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm reading Stephen King's Under the Dome. It's my third or fourth time reading it. It's one of his best. Perfect for ATS.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I just finished reading Raymond Chandler calssic "The Big Sleep." Chandler was a master of dialouge and description. Reading Chandler is dangerous for anybody that believes they are a good writer. One trip through any of his Marlowe works will nearly destroy your confidence.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
So my grandma gave me a copy of "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoyevsky. VERY hard read. Gave it up.

It's actually rather funny if you try to read it aloud with all those extremely long names.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I always like to find out what people are reading. Right now I am into '___': The Spirit Molecule (for the 2nd time), and am just starting the last book in the Golden Compass series.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The Hobbit...by the one and only J.R.R.Tolkien, world renown eminent scholar of English Language, twice elected professor at Oxford, specializing in Anglo-Saxon and medieval literature. Moreover, he was a distinguished philologist and linguist, being able to adopt scientific methods to decode ancient languages and reform them into new ones.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Trickle Up Poverty by Michael Savage

I read things from all points of view. I've read things from Chomsky, Amy Freeman, Marx and dozens of others. So, reading Savage is just seems like the naturual thing to do.

I think he does make a couple of leaps in his logic. However, he does make a few interesting points.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join