It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Interview with the vampire - Anne Rice

I would strongly recommend this to anyone, it is really good.

Also 'Guerrilla Warfare' - Che Guevara is an interesting read.

My all time favourite though is 'A Million Little Pieces' by James Frey. It is about the author's earlier years through rehab and is so good.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm reading The Shining by Stephen King.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
"Bone Music" by Alan Rodgers

"The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay" by Michael Chabon

Waiting on deck are "The Dumas Key" by Stephen King and "Victorian Exterior Decoration" by Roger Moss, because I gotta paint the house this spring, good times.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
the etruscan by Mika Waltari

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I am reading, DISCOURSE ON THE METHOD OF RIGHTLY CONDUCTING THE REASON,
AND SEEKING TRUTH IN THE SCIENCES
by Rene Descartes
I have the book but you can also find it here for free:www.sacred-texts.com...
this place has a TON of free reading material, lots of great classics

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Currently reading : "The First Counsel" by Brad Meltzer

Pretty good political thriller and my first experience with this particular author.

Just finished reading : "I don't Have Enough Faith to Be An Atheist" by Norman Giesler and Frank Turek which I recommend to both believers and non-believers; it's one very though provoking read.

Next up: "Odd Thomas" by Dean Koontz.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
"Long Way Down" by Ewan McGregor and Charly Boorman. Before that I read "Long Way Round" by the same.

These guys take their motorbikes and travel around the entire globe no matter the terrain or the circumstances.

Recommended to anyone interested in strength, adventure, beauty.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Thanks to AshleyD I'm reading:

Beyond Death's Door
By Dr. Maurice Rawlings, M.D.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I just finished reading a book called "My Mama's Waltz" by Eleanor Agnew and Sharon Robideaux. It's a book specifically for daughters of alcoholic mothers.

I've never been a 'self-help' book kind of person but a friend lent it to me and after skimming a few of the subtitles found it very interesting.

I recommend it to anyone in this situation...pretty easy read and without all the "you must do this..." "seek therapy...." nonsense that usually turns me off of these types of books. It opened my eyes to a lot of things that I've never been able to figure out.

Michelle

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Currently I am reading a few different books.

"The Bell Jar" - Sylvia Plath
"Mozart's Brain and the Fighter Pilot (Unleashing your Brain's Potential" - Richard Resak, MD.
"In search of Deep Throat" - Leonard Garment
"Best Loved Poems" - John Boyes

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm currently reading Rum Punch by Elmore Leonard.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I am currently reading an anthology of the works of HP Lovecraft, I must say I have quickly become a big fan of the man

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Guns, Germs & Steel-
Jared Diamond.

www.pbs.org...

I have read his book 5 times. The first time was about 10 years ago. I highly recommend it for those who want to learn about people and society.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A Thousand Plateaus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia by Gilles Deleuze and Felx Guattari, translated by Brian Massumi. This is a dense philosophy book and not a work of fiction, but it is what I'm currently reading.

/tn.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Right now I'm reading "I heard that song before" By Mary Higgins Clark

I'm about 1/2 way thru, and so far it's pretty good

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I'm reading The Mist by Stephen King.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I'm currently reading:

The Final Theory by Mark Mccutcheon

www.thefinaltheory.com...

About gravity, expansion theory, it links all physic theories into one ball, its quiet good for 2nd chapter I'm upto

Our current body of scientific knowledge, known as Standard Theory, is a patchwork of ideas handed down from a much simpler time. These ideas have survived, not because they give us a deep understanding of our world, but because they at least give us reasonable, functional models. But we have now moved beyond the point where mere models are enough -- we want answers and understanding. The Final Theory now has these answers -- for the first time in human history. It is the embodiment of a famous theory, known as the Theory Of Everything, sometimes referred to as the Unified Field Theory, which has been sought for centuries but has eluded all efforts until now. Finally we have true scientific explanations for everything, and not just simplistic working models

Marty

[edit on 20/5/2008 by Im a Marty]

[edit on 20/5/2008 by Im a Marty]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm reading The Shape of Things to Come by H.G. Wells and Consider Phlebas by Ian M Banks...gotta dig them culture novels!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Jerry Baker's "Fast, Easy Vegetable Garden"

There's a lot of good advice in here, though the guy seems to think fish emulsion is the greatest thing on Earth.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have just completed Tilly True by Dilly Court.

Here is a quick summary.

Dismissed from her position as housemaid under a cloud of misunderstanding, Tilly True is forced to return home.

But Tilly is determined to make something of her life and rather than admit the truth to her poverty-stricken family she sets out once more in search of employment.

Her journey takes her to the London law courts, a grim parsonage in one of the most notorious parts of the East End and a house of ill-repute.

But when she falls for the dangerous charms of Barnaby Palgrave, Tilly soon finds that her troubles have only just begun ...

Source

It is really good... Good old London.

Oni x x

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join