It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whale saved and thanked rescuers with a magnificent show

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

This was truly beautiful! It is watching moments like this that remind me that there are still wonderful people on this planet and hope for mankind.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wow. What an incredible video! Makes my heart feel warm. And such and amazing display by such an amazing animal afterwards. I would likely do the same! Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Do we have a good news/happy section?.....We should if we haven't.....it's stuff like this that reminds us all what it is to be human. Now where's that other box of tissues......
S&F

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

That was beautiful to see humanity assisting the neighboring Earth inhabitants in such a loving way. Its amazing how LOVE is recognized between different species the loving acts. S&F for the cool video, I am sure it reported back good on its human encounters to its likes that humans arent ALL that bad just some....
Be well

edit on 7/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Humans are soo conceited.

What if the whale was just testing its own abilities after being injured for so long? Wouldn't you, after you came from the hospital??

Do whales really put on shows for humans? Is that really what they're doing??

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
Do we have a good news/happy section?.....We should if we haven't.....it's stuff like this that reminds us all what it is to be human. Now where's that other box of tissues......
S&F

Rainbows
Jane

I like this idea. There are just too many doom and gloom stories here that happy stories are buried in the pile of doom and gloom stories and nowhere to be found. Most people here are depressed after they are done reading ATS. Finishing ATS by going to the Happy Section can balance one's mood.

While were at it, ATS should also include a spiritual section for those searching for spirituality. Btw, spirituality doesn't equal religion but they can be lumped together. ATS should be flexible and go with the change in consciousness of the people. A lot of people are waking up now and a lot are also searching.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Star and Flag to you, my friend. That was so beautiful it brought a tear to my eye, and I don't cry easily! The young child's voice stating that 'she's showing us she's all free' was the perfect counterpoint to the entire video. I love all animals, and even been scolded for helping of all things, alligators before. All creatures that fall victim to mankind's machinations need help, and if we have any humanity, we will do so.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The part at the end when the little kid says, "Mommy, I know what she's doing. She's showing us she is all free." It was spooky. Like the kid was stating an absolute fact.

Videos like these show what it TRULY means when we were supposedly tasked with being stewards of the Earth.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Wonderful thread!

I know everyone enjoyed the sweet ending, and it's definitely nice to see good natured people doing the right thing, and then the whale sort of showing his thanks.

I just thought it would be funny if the whale flipped the boat and the people were eaten by hungry sharks that were swimming nearby.

I say this not because I'm a jerk.

Just to make the point that nature is fickle.

And because I'm trying to get over the 20 post mark.

Wait...did I say that out loud?

No I typed it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Yes my friend, you are correct.

Children at that age are pure, and have not been corrupted.............yet.

They see everything for what it is, not what they've been taught.

She's saying that from a purely observational standpoint, and she's actually correct.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Thanks for the vid, truly wonderful.. wish one day i can do at least something a bit useful as this, the people who did it can be proud of themselves for the rest of their lives for it
well, videos like this at least make me a lil proud that i stopped eating living beings.. not much, but we all gotta start with ourselves, right?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Wow,

I'd seen the title of this thread a few times whilst skimming the new posts, but hadn't watched it yet. Glad to say i finally have.

Brilliant find OP, i'm sending this to a few friends right now. A well deserved S&F for you

peace...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
Michael Fishbach, co-founder of The Great Whale Conservancy (GWC), narrates his encounter with a young humpback whale entangled in a fishing net. His group found the young whale entangled in a fishing net and while he and his friends were trying to free the whale, his wife was filming the whole event. Whales do know how to show appreciation by treating them with a magnificent spectacle after it was finally freed.

Look up Anthropomorphism.

Wikipedia on Anthropomorphism

Naive like a child. so sad.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Incredible - thanks for sharing! Thanks for saving that amazing creature.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
WOW that is incredible. nice post man 2 thumbs up man.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Awesomely wonderful. Thanks for the posing.

Such an intelligent being, thanking the best of us.

Namaste,

ZG

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I saw the post and viewed...... the replies set me up for a tearjerk moment.. this was a great moment for that family...but i wonder what happens in the future...will we as humans dominate the earth?

Or will we continue to decimate the earth.. how can so many cultures and political groups come together? Will videos such as these "pass the baton" per se? Or will our grandchildren only dream the dreams we give them?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
as cynical as I am even this has made me happy and that not all creatures hate us, this made my day and I am glad that this whale is ok i hope some other idiot human doesnt snare this one 50 miles away then id be PO'd

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
That was amazing! I don't know what else to say. The little child's honest voice at the end was cute too.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It takes a lot to make me get emotional but damn if I didn't tear up a bit. What a wonderful video, one that I needed today. Absolutely stunning animals. I've been lucky to see whales breach near me and it is an awe inspiring experience. I cannot imagine being a part of this rescue.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join