It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whale saved and thanked rescuers with a magnificent show

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Whats an awesome way to start my Sunday!!!! I'll be happy all day now

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This is pretty awesome. Inter-species interaction of a positive nature is always amazing to watch. Thanks for giving me a reason to smile today with this. Peace.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Touching and beautiful. What a great encounter. Thanks for sharing, dude, S&F for you!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but unfortunately the sad reality needs to be spread too.

The International Whaling Commission's annual meeting ended with pro-whaling nations walking out to block a vote on establishing a whale sanctuary, exposing the Orca-sized gulf underlying the whaling talks.

Japan, Norway Iceland continue to hunt whales on a large commercial scale, defying a 1986 moratorium banning commerical whaling. That discrepancy was a source of tension throughout, with Japan accusing Australia of allowing activists to sabotage Japanese whaling votes and Iceland, Norway and Japan leaving the meeting after a Latin American bloc sought a vote on establishing a sanctuary in the South Atlantic.

The Commission has been regularly criticized for its ineffectiveness, something reaffirmed by the scant progress made at this year's meeting -- BBC correspondent Richard Black, in his seventh year covering the conference, described the body as "ill-fit for purpose, archaic, hopelessly riven and suited only for the scrapyard." He was not alone in his frustration.

"You can only conclude that this Commission -- which, despite a moratorium, does not have a mandate to stop the large-scale hunting still going on -- is genuinely dysfunctional," said Frederic Briand, head of Monaco's delegation, told Agence France-Presse. "Since the moratorium was put in place in 1986, more than 33,000 whales have been killed."

Still, environmentalists and pro-conservation groups noted that rules intended to protect whales have been largely successful despite some resistance.

"The majority of whale stocks are moving in the right direction, often at a pace of five to 10 percent per year," said French scientist Vincent Ridoux, a member of the Commission's scientific committee. so urce

Last year, Japan actively bribed officials to vote against a ban on whale hunting:

AGADIR, Morocco – Accusations that Japan uses aid money and personal favors to buy votes have quietly circulated for years around the International Whaling Commission, which oversees the conservation of the whales that Japan regularly hunts.

Now, a sting operation by a London newspaper that secretly filmed officials from six developing countries negotiating for bribes has brought such allegations into the open, at least in the corridors of the commission's annual meeting.

source

edit on 17-7-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by bloodnoir

the whales name is derp, and you have noooooo idea how long it took him to get that set up.

Troll much?

please dont post 1 line posts. troll

its a shame some people can't just enjoy a feel good thread.

That's pretty funny. You edited all your negative posts, which referred to other posts with one line cricket sounds and cricket videos. I guess my one liner worked since you changed them.

It is a feel good thread, and nature never ceases to amaze me, but some people make me sad...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
****___*****___*****____**** B E A U T I F U L*****____****____*****____*****

♥♥♥♥♥ H O W A M A Z I N G T H E S E M E N A R E ♥♥♥♥♥

****___*****___*****____**** MA J E S T I C*****____****____*****____*****

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Finally a post not about comets and butchered children!
Those people did a great thing, Steve Irwin would be proud!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I am in tears. When she started to leap free in the sea my heart broke, I was so happy they saved her but at the same time furious at what we have done. Anyway i'm gonna keep it positive on what is such a positive post a happy ending is a rarity.What a fantastic thing for those people to do and I'm so happy for that whale.

Now I just need to stop crying.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
You should be banned for not telling us this was a 7 hankie film.

No really, I cried from beginning to end.

Thank you for posting something so full of joy,and sorrow, but mostly joy.

peace

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The exchange between man and nature can be one of wordless wonder. This is so beautiful, made me drop a tear.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Awesome video! Totally made my day. I'm sharing this everywhere. Thanks for posting!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

OP, your post and video made me tear up and gave me goosebumps. In my short time at ATS, you have given me my most favorite post so far! Thank you for that! S&F

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DDoubleVisioNN

Yeah! The lion named Christian from over in England! I've watched that every time it came on the TV. I had to tell my boyfriend not to put it on anymore because I cry too much when he has his reunion with his previous owners and runs full "lion speed" and jumps in his arms at the end. Definitely a must see for animal lovers!

These videos make you realize what beautiful world we have been born into. It's a shame many humans have taken that gift for granted and created such a mess today. If for only a minute, these vid's take my mind away from all of the violence and doom and gloom.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The sea was angry that day my friends......

Seriously, what an incredible video. Whales are such fantastic critters.
But....the guy should be slapped for wearing a Speedo.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
That was truly inspiring! Breathtaking!
Today was starting to be a downer till I watched this video.
People showing compassion, something positive and a break from all the negative .
I'm going to share this with everyone I know!

Thank You OP

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

I can not say anything else but amazing job people. Just seeing this whale free made my heart leap with joy and
my eyes tear. God bless those of us willing to risk our lives to save these graceful animals. I wish we all could
care about life the way these people do!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
wow. i felt a little nervous watching that even though i knew the outcome

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I am man enough to say this made me shed a tear. one specied helping another. If we ALL had this way of thinking, what a different world we would live in.

Outstanding footage, outstanding work, and for the people who saved the whale, what can I say, bravo, bravo !

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
yeah op,thanks...too much doom and gloom around these days,a vid like this just makes it all seem trivial,brightened up what was a bad week,thanks for ending it on such a magnificent note.
I wish evryone would wake up and see...there really is more to this world than greed and avarice,those folks truly showed what is great about our race,the ability to see need and act accordingly,with no thought of harm to themselves,hey they got what they deserved..a resounding thankyou...really,peace ya;ll

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
That post is why I keep coming back to this site, thanx brother..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join