It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active-duty troops to march in Gay Pride Parade.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Let'em march if they want to. It doesn't bother me either way, it never has. I've served with gays, slept in the same berthing area with gays, it never was an issue.

However DADT hasn't gone away yet.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Because there is nothing more important in preserving liberty and justice for all, than by allowing more people, more than ever, to join the Armed Forces.

Thats just... so important. Get as many people as possible to beg for the right to join an organization that specializes in wholesale slaughter of 3rd world countries. Uncle Sam wants the gays too.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

Originally posted by Stovokor
reply to post by Becoming

I'm an army brat...been around the military my whole life...I know today..all they care about is the publics opinion..the gay rights movement now has the majority of public support in every reputable poll (excluding faux snooze). Plus, we have the commander in chief on our side...you old narrow minded bigots are loosing ground faster than ever before..and to you fools..I say good riddance!

1. Who cares if you are a military brat.

2. The army doesn't care about public opinion, only the politicians who run the military worry about that.

3. The commander in chief has nothing to do with this.

4. I am not a narrow minded bigot. I think it would behoove the military to let gays serve openly as long as they conduct themselves in a military manner. That means guys not running around in wigs and dresses while wearing unauthorized jewelry.

The President has everything to do with it. He is the commander in chief of all of the armed forces. He could issue an executive order telling the armed forces to remove DADT, just like when Eisenhower issued an executive order to desegregate the army.
edit on 7/17/2011 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Update on parade...

Here is a photo gallery if you are interested.

Parade Photos

It looks pretty respectful to me.

Here's the Local Story

This parade took place not far from my home.

Although I did not attend. I must point out.

My Saturday turned out beautiful...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Cool pix., thanks. the smiles on their faces speak volumes. they look genuine and IMO that's all that really matters. the haters & bigots need to move on and find a new bone to chew on.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Under "Don't ask, don't tell" policy, what would happen to military personnel admitting to being gay? Just dismissed? Sounds like a nice way for a guy to get out of fighting for this criminal government. Why be a conscientious objector and face inquiries and risk jail, if you could just claim to be gay? Now they're closing that loophole, maybe just in time for the military to become the oppressive force to be used against the citizenry...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

I see no difference between a KKK parade and a Gay Pride Parade. (Look at me, look at me!)

Sorry, but not every member here thinks the same way.

Really thought ATS was a community full of ideas, some you may like, some you may not.

If I offended someone in the gay community......so be it. I'm offended that you are offended.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join