It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New law prompts marriage officers in Deerpark to quit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Originally posted by kro32
Yeah i'm not seeing how the birthday bash suggestions have anything to do with marriage laws.

Care to elaborate on the connection?

He is quitting because it clashes with his Roman-Catholic faith, yet can promote a party that is full of sin and debauchery.

Just because a person has one or more forms of sin in their life does not mean they embrace all forms of sin.

Like it or not and any who claim differently are lying, as long as one is human they will struggle with at least one form of sin in their life. Each and every person sins, because they are Christian makes them no different, Christians though should recognize their sin and ask to be forgiven of it though.

So while yes the man is sinning he is not a hypocrite. He would however be a hypocrite (to a point) if he were against same sex marriage and had a hidden same sex affair going on. I am not going to get into the detail of the man's sins, that is for him and God to work out, only God does not make deals so the only working out being done would be if the man asked to be forgiven.

For the record though I believe homosexuality is wrong. Having said that though let them "marry" the world is already screwed up this will not change that. I say it in quotes because it would not be one sanctioned by God but by man and man is corrupt. Jesus never took the option of sinning away from people He just told them about their sins and they made a choice.

Raist

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
People are always so worried about preserving the "sanctity of marriage" , and yet the divorce rate is around 50%.

marriage101.org...

I agree that any marriage commissioner that doesn't want to marry certain people shouldn't have to, but one would think that there would be marriage commissioners that would marry them.

If there aren't, well, there's a job opening.
It's probably a very easy job too. The marriage commissioner that just married my husband and I, works full time in the day as a hospital orderly, and then just goes out and marries whoever needs his services at night. He can even get away with overcharging, because he only works with cash

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
"People should be allowed to get divorced if the marriage isn't working"

"Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to get married, they are ruining the sanctity of marriage!"

I find it funny that gay marriage is such a touchy subject in a country with a 50% divorce rate...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
For the record though I believe homosexuality is wrong. Having said that though let them "marry" the world is already screwed up this will not change that. I say it in quotes because it would not be one sanctioned by God but by man and man is corrupt. Jesus never took the option of sinning away from people He just told them about their sins and they made a choice.

Raist

Just for the record - - - every gay person I've known has been Christian.

They know that God made them the way they are - - - and it is not an abomination. Not a sin.

When they marry - - absolutely they will marry in their church and it will be sanctioned by God.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Man (as in mankind) has used God's word to fit their own need since the dawn of time.

The last two groups to fill the White House have also called themselves Christians. That does not make it so, I am not going to try to say I can read their hearts, I just sort of doubt their claim.

You might be right and you might be wrong. I believe you are wrong.

I guess we will all find out in the end. Until then enjoy your life.

Raist

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

I agree.

Divorce is so rampent now it is sickening. Divorce was allowed in the Bible though, but not just for every whim as it is today.

Edit to add: Much of the time (not saying everytime) a marriage is not working because both parties are not trying to make it work.

Raist
edit on 7/15/11 by Raist because: Adding comment.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
People are always so worried about preserving the "sanctity of marriage" , and yet the divorce rate is around 50%.

It isn't about sanctity for everyone. It is about tradition. A many thousands of years old tradition. Why is a civil union not equivalent? Are those of us who are married via civil union somehow diminished in our marriages? I think not. The demand that it be marriage is the change that appears to be the crux of the matter.

I'm not sure if many will accept the distinction. But just because it is a sacrament for some, doesn't mean it is for all. Again, this is between my wife and I, and society; whether we're celibate, or sexually promiscuous, or have a failing marriage is no one's business, nor is it my place to make it everyone's business. I find the 'demand' obtuse and intrusive; as if I had to apologize for wanting marriage to remain what it has always been.

As far as the success of other couples in marriage is concerned, I suppose that the gay community will boast a 0% divorce record; otherwise, that point has no meaning beyond to demonstrate that relationships are a prone to flaws as people are. Again, gender is irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

No they are not. They may be cultural christians, but they are not Christians. Some people consider Catholics Christians, but devout Catholics are actually "Papists".

Originally posted by AnneeThey know that God made them the way they are - - - and it is not an abomination. Not is it a sin.
No matter how devoutly you believe an untruth, it is still not true.

Originally posted by AnneeWhen they marry - - absolutely they will marry in their church
I am sure they will find a church like building willing to host their ceremony.

Originally posted by Anneeand it will be sanctioned by God.
LOL. Iike how you just announce that the Lord of The Universe will change his nature just to please you. Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by Annee

Man (as in mankind) has used God's word to fit their own need since the dawn of time.

I did not say I or you - - were right or wrong.

I said the gay people I know - are Christian. THEY - KNOW - they were Born as God made them.

They will marry in their Christian church - - and their marriage will be sanctioned by God.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The only people "using" God's word - - - are the ones trying to deny gays this right. And the ones judging - when only God can judge.

THEY KNOW how God made them. THEY KNOW - - it is not their choice. God chose to make them exactly the way they are.

Its time everyone else wake up to what is real.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Its time everyone else wake up to what is real.

This is the only thing I will agree with you on.

As for the you or I, I put it in those terms because you were giving your opinion. Unless you have proof of God's will that is all it is. The same could be said toward me in return. As neither of us will budge on our opinion I bid you good day.

Raist

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

No they are not. They may be cultural christians, but they are not Christians. Some people consider Catholics Christians, but devout Catholics are actually "Papists".

Cultural Christian? Screw cultural Christian.

THEY ARE CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because they believe Jesus is their personal savior.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have ZERO tolerance for "pick apart Christians". You believe Jesus is your savior - - you are Christian. Period - end of story.

Here - - Religious Tolerance - - - What is a Christian?

"We accept as Christian any individual or group who devoutly, thoughtfully, seriously, and prayerfully regards themselves to be Christian. That is, they honestly believe that they follow Yeshua of Nazareth's (a.k.a. Jesus Christ's) teachings as they understand them to be. "

www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The ecumenical movement is an attempt to destroy Christ's church, and to delude Christians with false doctrine.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out devils, and by thy name do many mighty works?

New International Version (©1984)
Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

New Living Translation (©2007)
But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.'

English Standard Version (©2001)
And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

International Standard Version (©2008)
Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you evildoers!'"

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Then I will tell them publicly, 'I've never known you. Get away from me, you evil people.'

King James Bible
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

American King James Version
And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.

American Standard Version
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Bible in Basic English
And then will I say to them, I never had knowledge of you: go from me, you workers of evil.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.

Darby Bible Translation
and then will I avow unto them, I never knew you. Depart from me, workers of lawlessness.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Weymouth New Testament
"And then I will tell them plainly, "'I never knew you: begone from me, you doers of wickedness.'

World English Bible
Then I will tell them, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.'

Young's Literal Translation
and then I will acknowledge to them, that -- I never knew you, depart from me ye who are working lawlessness.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

The ecumenical movement is an attempt to destroy Christ's church, and to delude Christians with false doctrine.

Seriously? Bible quotes?

The only people who are deluded - - are those who cling to ancient ridiculous doctrine.

Thankfully - - - Americans who accept gays are now in the majority.

It shows most of us can think for ourselves.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Seriously? Bible quotes?
Where else would I draw quotes concerning Christianity?

Originally posted by AnneeThe only people who are deluded - - are those who cling to ancient ridiculous doctrine.

Thankfully - - - Americans who accept gays are now in the majority.

It shows most of us can think for ourselves.

That may all be true, but it does not make you a Christian.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Good for them. Nobody should feel like they're forced to work under circumstances they don't agree with, and NOBODY should chastise people for having their own sets of morals and values, even if they go against the grain.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

IMO, Christians do just fine deluding themselves.
2nd line

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

How in "GODS" Name do you call yourself not only a christian, but a "Son Of Liberty? Wow your right, the guy posting the flier is not a hypocrite, but YOU sir are. I guess liberty only applies to the people you think deserve it.

You are what is wrong with this country, YOU. You are so far away from Jesus and our founding fathers, you truly are the definition of delusional.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

And what makes you a Christian. Please explain... Your following of Christ's teachings? Can you please point to me in his wisdom, where he says being gay is an abomination? How people shouldn't be treated equal? perhaps I missed that parable? Was it I have fish and loaves for everyone... well except the gays... lol

Coo Coo for Coco Puffs...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio

How in "GODS" Name do you call yourself not only a christian, but a "Son Of Liberty? Wow your right, the guy posting the flier is not a hypocrite, but YOU sir are. I guess liberty only applies to the people you think deserve it.

You are what is wrong with this country, YOU. You are so far away from Jesus and our founding fathers, you truly are the definition of delusional.

I'm Atheist.

And probably live my life more like Jesus intended - - then most Christians.

In my belief - - every thought is a creation. What you think - what's in your heart - what you put out in the universe is who you are. You step in those footprints - - - you better know your own thoughts - - - not a bunch of ancient words.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
~Mahatma Gandhi

OT, but I also just saw this one (had never seen it before) and liked it as well.
“God has no religion”
~Mahatma Gandhi

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join