It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New law prompts marriage officers in Deerpark to quit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Annee

That is all fine and dandy, but does not refute my point in the slightest

Your point was: So Yeshua, being a Torah following Jew, condoned homosexuality?

. . . but to assert that Yeshua would side against the very law that he came to hold up in perfection is a very huge leap in logic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU are CHOOSING - - an interpretation of the bible. The one you have decided is correct.

My Point: It is not the only interpretation. There are others - - which you could CHOOSE if you wanted to.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Actually the story is new... the three year old part was about the subject of the OP, not the OP itself.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by Annee

Actually the story is new... the three year old part was about the subject of the OP, not the OP itself.

Oh OK

Well carry on - - I'm sure there will be more resignations.

The door can smack them all on the ass as they leave.

Hopefully - - a gay person will get the job.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

That would be ironic, no?
edit on 15-7-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by Annee

Please do tell what part of the Bible I am interpreting by saying Yeshua followed the Torah.

This should be a blast

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Reply to post by Annee

Please do tell what part of the Bible I am interpreting by saying Yeshua followed the Torah.

This should be a blast

I suppose you'd first have to prove Yeshua and which one.

Josephus, the first century Jewish historian mentions no fewer than nineteen different Yeshuas/Jesii, about half of them contemporaries of the supposed Christ!

www.jesusneverexisted.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Originally posted by Observer99
Because if you are a republican, you have to do nothing but go to church and read the bible, otherwise you are a "hypocrite."

I never said that.

I know. Saying that would have been saying the truth, something you are averse to.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh quit the beating around the bush semantics BS, Annee.

you said:

I have ZERO tolerance for "pick apart Christians". You believe Jesus is your savior - - you are Christian. Period - end of story.

So let's go with the Yeshua of the New Testament that everyone who is a Christian believes in.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

We are all Sinners, including myself, even the most righteous are impure and unworthy

New King James Version (NKJV)

1 Corinthians 6
Do Not Sue the Brethren
1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? 2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? 4 If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge? 5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!
7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? 8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren! 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
Glorify God in Body and Spirit

12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 And God both raised up the Lord and will also raise us up by His power.
15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.” 17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body[c] and in your spirit, which are God’s.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
They should be fired for refusing to do their jobs. Marriage has always been a business deal...A legally binding contract entered into by consenting adults. As for all the religious arguments--Your wedding may be a religious ritual if you so choose...However, your marriage is still just a contract. Plain and simple...And if two consenting adults choose to enter into a contract to provide for each other so be it. It is unconstitutional to deny them the right to enter into that contract based solely on what they have between their legs. PERIOD.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
I also do not support gay marriage. Additionally, were I still on active duty I would be resigning. Like it or not, homosexuality is an aberrant lifestyle choice.

NO - - it is a natural birth right.

Belief - - as you do - - is a choice.

IMO, and I have seen no real evidence otherwise, homosexuality is a choice. It is an aberrant choice at that. These people have a right to decline to perform these unions.

There was an excellent article in a 1969 issue of Playboy Magazine, a very heterosexual publication. Researchers studying wildlife using silent tree-mounted cameras accidentally found that homosexuality exists in wildlife, in abundance. We are all as God made us. Both homosexuals and heterosexuals were made in God's image. Denying reality is the same as choosing a lie over a truth. Believing what a unknown man wrote in a book designed to control peoples behaviors is like living as a horse with blinders on. Deny published research and deny scientific findings all you want. The truths those people share are also just words in books.

I agree that if one feels their employment requires them to do something they are against, by all means it's time to work elsewhere. This is common sense.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I don't see what the issue is here, the officials disagree with something and resigned on their own. If anything, I applaud their convictions especially in a time of economic turmoil. Good for them. And since they are in public office the right thing to do was to resign instead of denying a gay marriage as mandated by law, so whats with the animosity towards them?

I don't know why everyone thinks they're entitled to be "accepted" by others.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Reply to post by Annee

That is all fine and dandy, but does not refute my point in the slightest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU are CHOOSING - - an interpretation of the bible. The one you have decided is correct.

My Point: It is not the only interpretation. There are others - - which you could CHOOSE if you wanted to.

Very true Annee. There are a million interpretations but ultimately only one is the Truth. And the question remains, which is it?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

...It isn't about sanctity for everyone. It is about tradition. A many thousands of years old tradition.

Marriage and lawfully recognised partnerships have changed throughout history. The concept has not been a static institution over the years. The definitions of marriage or lawful partnerships have been relative to the social culture of the time and have developed and changed over hundreds of years

The only 'tradition' is that it has normally been between members of the opposite sex.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReluctantBlossom
They should be fired for refusing to do their jobs. Marriage has always been a business deal...A legally binding contract entered into by consenting adults. As for all the religious arguments--Your wedding may be a religious ritual if you so choose...However, your marriage is still just a contract. Plain and simple...And if two consenting adults choose to enter into a contract to provide for each other so be it. It is unconstitutional to deny them the right to enter into that contract based solely on what they have between their legs. PERIOD.
Then why would they just not accept "civil unions"? They want to have "marriages". I have no opposition whatsoever to "civil unions". God would still oppose it, but that is between them and God.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

You have a direct line to god and it's told you this personally! No? Right then, I'll continue to believe there is something incomprehensibly higher than me and live my life by what is right and good rather than resorting to the adulterated writings of people with questionable intentions from thousands of years ago.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

You have a direct line to god and it's told you this personally!
No. But He left a book that outlines everything we need to know. I just read the book. The book is quite clear about homosexuality and sexual immorality. So, I feel pretty safe in assuming that God thinks homosexuality is still sinful. After all, he did blast an entire city of sodomites out of existence. How much more clear does he need to be?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I feel as though I should just copy and paste my previous post. Instead, how about you just read it?

There's no point arguing about the bible with you because you won't be swayed and good for you. There's just no place for it in this particular issue.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrChuck

Very true Annee. There are a million interpretations but ultimately only one is the Truth. And the question remains, which is it?

What you believe - - you CHOOSE to believe. Truth is only what you have CHOSEN to be Truth.

You have CHOICE. You can CHOOSE to believe a different way. You can CHOOSE to know and understand same gender attraction is a birthright.

Gays do not have choice. They are born as they are. God made them with the biological makeup of same gender attraction.

YOU HAVE CHOICE - - Gays do not.

edit on 16-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Oh quit the beating around the bush semantics BS, Annee.

you said:

I have ZERO tolerance for "pick apart Christians". You believe Jesus is your savior - - you are Christian. Period - end of story.

So let's go with the Yeshua of the New Testament that everyone who is a Christian believes in.

Let's not.

Why do many Atheists find their way through religion - - in search of truth - - in search of God?

Because real truth - real facts - reveal the farce of Christianity. In my 20 years of online forums - - I've talked to several former seminary students who became Atheist from their findings in search to prove Christianity.

Now - - I don't really have a problem with those who choose to use a God belief in a positive loving way - - as it should be used.

I have no use for those - in this day of CHOICE (in most countries) - to continue to hang on to 2000 year old dogma - - that has no place in today's society. If you believe in a God - - then you believe God gave you a brain and independent thought. He gave "man" the right of reasonable Choice - - over ancient dogma.

– Secret Gospel of Mark - - "But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb, they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do, and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God."

www.jesusneverexisted.com...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACK ON TOPIC: New law prompts marriage officers in Deerpark to quit

I sincerely hope more and more and more - - - people of ancient dogma remove themselves from public service.

I would love any position vacated because gays have been given equal rights - - to be filled by a gay person.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join