It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My own bizarre experience with TSA (as a muslim)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
To be honest, I've read many times, in many places an idle comment that Muslims are allowed to sail through security while presumably "upstanding" Americans are singled out for the patdown-feelup. It's a belief that many people have, and I'm sure it springs from a very deep, unexamined subconscious place. It represents resentment, a feeling of the unfairness of it all, the weariness of the constant traveler, and indeed a hidden and not-consciously-recognized or -expressed hatred of Muslims. Because, as we the intellectually honest and self-examining minority are aware, people tar with a very broad brush in their search for someone to blame for their disenfranchisement and absence of fair treatment and respect.

The Muslims didn't do this to us; al-Qaeda didn't do this to us; Bin Laden didn't do this to us; Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and any of a hundred other "bad actors" didn't do this to us. We did this to ourselves. More accurately, we demanded that our government do it TO us to make us feel safe, secure, and cared-for. But we're not inclined to hate ourselves for it; we need someone else--some "outsider" to hate for it. And you're it.

Truly sorry, guy....

They did it to control us more and make us THINK we were safe. In reality, we ARE safe from OUTSIDE threats. But people don't realize the inside threats are far more serious.

Indeed this is true. I've *often* expressed on these boards my unadulterated contempt of and pure-white fury at these hidden and not-so-hidden puppetmasters and their bought-and-paid-for sycophants and arse-kissers. Including damn-near every senator, congressman, government agent, and official, both elected and appointed. But it was US--and when I say us, I mean every dumb bastard except me
--who demanded this overreaching and intrusive *security* and *authority*.

What I'm saying is that the people who resent someone just because they're muslim, different, outsider, or "other" are the very same people who thought they wanted this intrusion in their lives in the first place. Now they've got it--and it's someone else's fault....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Don't worry friend I think these TSA Aholes will be a thing of the past very soon, this is probably just an exercise to see how far the government can go before the general population gets fed up with them, they won't have jobs much longer........

Well, unfortunately I don't see anybody standing up anytime soon..

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

People are standing up slowly but surely I can assure you of that, numbers are growing and we are almost at the breaking point..... The downside to this being what happens then probably won't be a peaceful revolt so expect to see things get much worse before they get better......

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

People are standing up slowly but surely I can assure you of that, numbers are growing and we are almost at the breaking point..... The downside to this being what happens then probably won't be a peaceful revolt so expect to see things get much worse before they get better......

I hope you're right--about people standing up. I'm of the opinion that we're not dealing with idiots. TPTB know as well as we do that they won't be able to institute full gun control all of a sudden. I believe such an attempt alone would lead to armed revolution. There are too many fully-armed and ready people out here who wouldn't lie down. You can be sure that such an attempt would lead to every gun store, Guard armory, and ammo dump and manufacturer in the country being cleaned out--suddenly and violently.

Honestly, as attractive as that sometimes seems, I really don't want it to come to that. What I really want is for people to start to realize what we've brought upon ourselves and start cleaning house firmly but peaceably. But I despair we'll ever see that in our lifetimes; and after that may be too late....
edit on 7/15/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
There is something bigger going on that what the TSA is doing, this is just a small part of the bigger picture of what is happening in the USa right now. You would have to steep way back to see what is really gong on.

This is bigger that the TSA or the wars the bad economy and the unemployment and all of the the rest of it.

You have to ask the bigger question as to why, why now and why this way, and by who?

As they say there is always a bigger game being played in side the game and a bigger game played inside that one.

We need to look at this as if you were looking down from the ISS in space, we are all to close to it from the ground.

There is so much that we don't see but it is hard to see what we don't see so we never really see it at all.

If any of this makes sense it's hard to ex plane for bigger forces are at play here.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Dont over-think this.

Its as simple as THEY triggered the alarm. So a search was in place.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Dont over-think this.

Its as simple as THEY triggered the alarm. So a search was in place.

Remember, so did my wife.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It was probably done to them because of complaints from minority groups that only they are selected for these random checks. Therefore, agents need to include a certain number of "average white people" checks to be on the safe side.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
It was probably done to them because of complaints from minority groups that only they are selected for these random checks. Therefore, agents need to include a certain number of "average white people" checks to be on the safe side.

Very plausible

However I didn't know TSA gave a crap about complaints. That's all they get. lol

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

That is true they only seem to get negative feedback. But accusations of Racism/Xenophobia would only make matters worse for them.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
OP , you mentioned Arabic first and middle names , but nothing about a last name and your wife wears a hajib . I could be wrong but you sound like American converts that attract no or little attention because you don't look middle eastern . I don't buy the part about the white couple suddenly disliking you because you're the cause of this . By the time you get to security there is no one asking for your papers please and no one would have any idea that you're muslim , being an American convert with an American last name , if that part is even true . Also , when being intruded upon , like the white couple by the TSA the thought process might be to be ticked off with the TSA but not at an American convert with his American wife , neither of who look Arabic and the wife is wearing a scarf . Your story sounds like bull to me .

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bandito
OP , you mentioned Arabic first and middle names , but nothing about a last name and your wife wears a hajib . I could be wrong but you sound like American converts that attract no or little attention because you don't look middle eastern . I don't buy the part about the white couple suddenly disliking you because you're the cause of this . By the time you get to security there is no one asking for your papers please and no one would have any idea that you're muslim , being an American convert with an American last name , if that part is even true . Also , when being intruded upon , like the white couple by the TSA the thought process might be to be ticked off with the TSA but not at an American convert with his American wife , neither of who look Arabic and the wife is wearing a scarf . Your story sounds like bull to me .

Well, since you think you're the hottest thing smokin' lemme help you.

1. My middle and first name are arabic, same with my wife. We aren't converts, we're second generation, but we are american. Why wouldn't anybody know we were muslim, if my wife is covered like a muslim covers? Your logic so far sounds stupid.

2. I just realized I have no number 2 cuz your post was stupid. What is there 2 refute here when I was asking for peoples opinion on my experience??

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by windword
Although, I don't discount the chill you recieved from the couple who had go through that awful ordeal, since they were so nice you might be able to give them the benifet of the doubt.

After I have been degraded, assaulted and humiliated, I don't feel very freindly either. I wouldn't want to look people, who watched my ordea,l in the eye. I would be shaken and shocked and would put my head down until I got a drink in my hand.

I do know of the ignorant fear that you refer to.

Thank you to you for being a sane and reasonable voice from the Muslum community for us here on ATS.

You're right, it could have just been that, however it just seemed as though they wanted to get as far away from us as possible. Also, you know the look people give you when they feel you "effed something up for them," we got that look. All while making sure nobody stole their macbook. lol

I think your arguement really makes no sense to me. If you think you are to blame, why were YOU not searched, instead of the white couple? Why would TSA agents single out the couple in front of you, search them, but not you, if you think you are to blame?

Do you think maybe the couple could have been embarrassed and angry at the same time? I don't think I would feel like smiling, if I was singled out for groping.

I also get the feeling that you took on the blame for the incident or you wouldn't have posted this thread. The next time you feel you are not responsible for another's actions, stop yourself from taking on the blame or feeling responsible. Okay?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

don't chuckle and point next time,

just kidding, people in airports can be friendly but relationships don't last.

you didn't say they were rude, they sound upset and even if you were white, they would have acted like that.

i was pulled out of line in thailand and interrogated for 2hrs, my passport was in question. not many pages left, or so they said.

i am american with italian heritage, med looking and usually get type cast as a saudi. (3 times!)

the wife was freaking out, she went through first and didn't know i was detained.

i wasn't traveling in the US so i was not too pissed off and even then i would take it in stride.

you sound like you want to be blamed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join