It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of body all in the mind?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It is definitely not in the mind. It is out of this world!

If these scientists really took their job seriously they would look at the investigations of mystics and occultists throughout the centuries as there has already been a great deal of study in this field. They should also learn the techniques and practice it themselves.

A scientist looking at a screen is hardly a plausible experiment to get first hand knowledge of the experience.

Maybe the scientists should also investigate the heart as the ability to astral travel into higher realms is directly linked to the heart and the astral plane itself is considered the emotional plane. The mind experiments may be better suited to the "mental plane" which has also been studied for ages by the mystical sciences.

Seriously tons of research and results have already been recorded throughout history check it out and learn for yourself you will be glad you did.

edit on 17-7-2011 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2011 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

As one who often travels out of body, I am a little insulted at those who obviously cannot do it, lacking the ability to learn how, or being too lazy to learn how,
reply to post by autowrench

Mate, i merely wanted a discussion, and was flamed first.

So be it then, clearly you have allready made up your mind, and your input is appreciated.

Thanks
vvv

I am very sorry that you felt I flamed you, that was not my intention at all. I will be more than happy to discuss this, actually, it needs discussion, because for many years religions have been teaching people that OBEs and Reincarnation does not exist, and that we have only one life only. I guess I have always been able to do it, although it is not a planned thing at all. It just happens. I have found myself in many places, in other dimensions, and perhaps in other universes. I have found myself aboard a spacecraft, and been chased off, and within our Moon too, and I saw all of the crystal based computers in there. I thought everyone could do this when I was a child, and was quite put off when I found out different. Again friend, sorry I offended you. I apologize.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I thank you for taking the time to respond.

I understand your stance on this, and with it i cannot argue, since i have never had this type of experience. Yet, i cannot stop to feel, that for all these marvelous experiences that some are describing, that it is indeed nothing more than a very vivid imagination.

Remember the mind is a powerful thing, and can make you see things, that are not there, you can smell things, by merely having a nostalgic feeling about a good time you had.

Is it therefore, really such a stretch of the imagination (no pun) to believe, that all these experiences, are indeed just in your mind, a trick of your brain, of your sinapses on you, and your perception of reality?

vvv

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Well, thats the point. It doesnt seem like a stretch to believe its 'just imagination' when you have never had the experience. When you have had the experience its almost impossible to do so.

There is a 'knowing' quality to OBEs which goes along with it, especially if its more than one fleeting experience. You feel more natural and more 'yourself' than ever you do in normal life. There is a feeling of remembering like 'Ah, yes! This is who I really am'. There is a deep sense of belonging and a sense that you have been this way many, many times over ages. Its more potent and obvious than I can tell you. Your normal state and life is known to be infinitely less 'real' and truthful than OBE, in comparison.

This life, feels like being asleep in comparison, not just during the experience, but after it.

So, having experienced that, you are forced to conclude that if OBEs may just be dreams, hallucinations or 'imagination' then this life sf just as likey or more so to be a dream, hallucination of imagination, rather than real.

They're either both unreal, or both real, in which case the definitions fall apart and become meaningless. And if there is a hierarchy of 'realness', OBE is experienced as higher, more real.

You will only be confronted with this after having had several OBEs. Until then, you're guessing at something outside your experience.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
All the replies from members who have heard of or experienced these crazy things where crash victims or what have you have explained things they couldn't have known is pretty good evidence of them happening to people around the world

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
What's a body?

<< 6  7  8   >>

join