It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witnesses: Assad loyalists attack U.S., French embassies in Damascus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Witnesses: Assad loyalists attack U.S., French embassies in Damascus

www.haaretz.com

Protesters loyal to Syrian President Bashar Assad broke into the U.S. embassy compound in Damascus on Monday, according to diplomats, while other reports say French embassy guards have opened live fire on protesters trying to enter the compound.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
There are reports that the French crown has sent Napoleon to the embassy to hold off any rebels and to crush any rebellion they may encounter. /sarcasm

Jeez, this is looking like the take-over of the US embassy in Iran in '79 all over again. And the French are using live fire? Can anyone tell me what the point of Libya is? Stoopid Frenchies.

Americans blame Assad for the protests, Assad blames the US for sending an envoy to rebels base Hama.

I don't know were I stand on this. Firstly, I don't want to see American embassy workers held hostage for the next 500 days, but on the other hand, the United States is instigating a problem. We shouldn't get involved in this one, lets finish Libya first. We're still going to have to deal with the long term repercussions of Libya.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

I hate to say it but I will.......all the Western embassies in Syria should had emptied out long by now and employees sent home.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
but why should the leave, they were greeted with Roses and all the bling bling....

U.S. Ambassador Greeted With Roses by Syrian Protesters in Hama

Updated | Saturday | 11:48 a.m. As my colleague Anthony Shadid reports, the American ambassador to Syria, Robert S. Ford, and his French counterpart, Éric Chevallier, visited the city of Hama on Thursday, ahead of new protests on Friday.

According to Syrian activists, this video shows that protesters holding olive branches tossed roses onto the American ambassador’s car in Hama’s central Aasi Square, which has been the scene of huge rallies in recent weeks:

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

edit on 11-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Does anyone find it odd that it's publicized as protests, and then it's documented as attacks? To me it seems like these so called protests are very well organized acts of terrorism.

It seems like these protestors are able to bring down nations, yet we are told they do not brandish weapons. I've seen the videos and these protestors are clearing brandishing weapons.

I am a non-supporter of Gaddafi, yet I find it amazing that he tries to protect his country by using his resources (Military) to fight off the "protestors". The same protestors that are brandishing weapons, burning buildings down and attacking people on the streets. Doesn't Gaddafi have the right to protect his country? What right does NATO have to say you don't have the right to protect your country?

What if it was happening here is the U.S.? Do you think Obama would just let a group of "protestors" with weapons storm the White House, The Capital Building and The Pentagon to seize power of the U.S.? No, I don't think so. He would position our military with the orders to use force if necessary and stop the attack, sorry, protest.

And, when people are hurt because of their stupidity, by our military; does that give Russia and China, or any other country that is part of the United Nations the right to attack the U.S.?

I think more time should be spent on what organization is organizing these so called "protests" and fix it before it spreads across the world.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

If what's happening in the Middle East happened in America, don't think for a second Obama or his goonies (Clinton, Biden, Mullen, ect) would go about solving the situation peacefully. If the American citizens demanded reform, no questions asked, the Federal government would kill us just like Gadhafi, Stalin, Mao, Napoleon, King Louis, King Henry, King Philip, Caesar, Alexander and all the other greats would. The British oppressed their subjugates, the Romans oppressed theirs, the Soviets, Communist Chinese, the many Caliphates, and all the great empires of the world have been guilty of oppressing their people when they call for change.

What makes anyone think America would be any different?

It's about controlling the resources, especially when resources like fresh water and oil (which Libya has both of) are scarce.
edit on 11-7-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
reply to post by KnightFire

What makes anyone think America would be any different?

Abosultely Nothing!
edit on 12-7-2011 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
but why should the leave, they were greeted with Roses and all the bling bling....

Yea, it's funny because the Iraqis were doing the same when we removed Saddam the Tyrant. Now they're lobbing hand grenades at American Humvees as they pass by. Go figure.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Yea, it's funny because the Iraqis were doing the same when we removed Saddam the Tyrant. Now they're lobbing hand grenades at American Humvees as they pass by. Go figure.

It goes to show how people are played and how they regard that nations so called democracy. As far back as i can remember such images as the video i posted have always been the breakfast for those countries. I wonder why noone has sat back and thought " hey, why aren't other nations acting like us when u.s. or other officials visit "

join