It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dozens' of Women Vanish From Canadian Wilderness

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Over the last three decades, 18 women have gone missing on the highway, according to police—although local aboriginal leaders say the true number is closer to 43. Many of the victims have been aboriginal, but it was a white woman, Nicole Hoar, who went missing in 2002 that really set off the media and spurred talk of a serial killer—or killers.

so, at least 43 aboriginal woman are missing and police/media is active only because of one white woman.
And that should NOT be rassist?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
Hold on a minute.

This road is 873 miles long.

In 30 years, lets say one person per year disapears.

Thats one person per year disapearing in an area that is the same distance as London to Barcelona.

Its not that remarkable really when you think about it.

I reckon if I drew a line 873 miles long across any country or countries, then at least one person per year would have disappeared near that line.

Not saying I dont care, because obviously these poor women havent been found, but theres nothing abnormal when you think about it.

Yes it's a big area but we probably need to take population density into account too. The 'abnormal' and 'remarkable' elements come from the witness testimonies that state the police and local authorities are involved in drugging, raping and murdering these women for snuff films and/or organ traffiking. If even a small part of this is true, it would be horrific.

....... I know this is a conspiracy website after all and I have been interested in UFOs all my life but the suggestions of bigfoot and UFOs being responsible for these murders is verging on the ridiculous.

What we do have is lists of murdered women and girls that where largely either a) hitchhiking to get home
b) involved in drugs and prostitution
c) found in remote areas and stabbed, strangled or cause of death withheld.

Then we have accounts of organised criminal gangs in the area and even corrupt police and officials. Put this together and logically you have some very vulnerable women in a remote area that have been by targeted by some sick members of the human race specifically because of this vulnerability.

I fear the reality of these cases is much more sickening and serious than a fantastical theory of sasquatch or UFOs.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by bluemirage5

Your third link (the first two were posted earlier) is quite interesting - my attention was drawn immediately to:

The entire Jack family, missing since 8/2/89 from the Bednesti Lake and Cluculz Lake area south of Highway 16. The only case of a family disappearance in Canada.

Can we help but wonder what this family knew and who would go to the length of killing them all to protect that info? Who this family crossed and paid the ultimate price for crossing? Is there a connection to all the missing women and girls?

So much here to research!!!

peace

Silo, missing does not mean murdered by default, it means they have been classed as missing. There may be other reasons and other outcomes, including intentionally moving away from the area/country and wanting to keep it quiet from those they left behind. It could be anything, you are making a very big assumption with absolutely zero evidence or facts. I don't think that's helping anyone.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by something wicked

Silo, will you stop saying genocide? There is nothing to suggest that is the case...

In my opinion there is everything to suggest these killings are based on race and sex alone.

So, I'll cease using the word 'genocide' when the killings of Native American Aboriginal women and children stops, all bodies are found and returned to their families and the people perpetrating the genocide are caught and prosecuted.

That's just me, no offense.

Peace

edit on 11-7-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

It's not me you are offending. If this is a systematic ethnic cleansing based on race and sex by a single person or persons then that is shocking and I would be inclined to agree with the word. You are clearly maintaining it is, you are now saying 500 Native Canadians have been murdered as part of this, but as many are missing and we don't know if the MO of the murders where that have been found is the same.

Silo, what are the demographics in this area? Is the population predominantly Native Canadian?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Very few of the case histories I reviewed gave a cause of death. One was by stabbing, and one was by strangulation, but most of them state "police did not release cause of death".

Was not releasing the cause of death due to the body being so decomposed they couldn't tell?
Or because secrecy is somehow a strategy in catching the killer? (killers)

Also, I haven't seen any indications of whether or not the victim was sexually assaulted. Typically a brief statement will address this when a woman's body is found.

I wonder if anybody in that area could access actual police reports?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Since I'm BC, I guess I should bring something up for the outsiders to understand.

There is a reason why most of these victims are aboriginal. It's because aboriginals are generally not treated the same as the same as those in the government and RCMP. It's a fact.

If you guys really want to do something productive, then look up how many reserves there are along the highway of tears. Chances are that a lot of these missing aboriginal women were in the area just because they were traveling in between reserves to visit family or whatever.

The fact is that some reserves, especially in rural BC, can be extremely violent and horrible places simply because the government shuns them. The government isn't going to raise a big deal (aside from local investigations) into missing aboriginal women because it would lead to publicity of the conditions of these reserves.

Let me put this into perspective. If you're an aboriginal woman that has found herself in serious trouble in a reserve out in the boonies, then you have a long way to safety.

(Don't get me wrong though, I know lots of aboriginal people and I've been to a few reserves. Some hold it together, but I've heard some pretty bad stories about some reserves, especially about one by Sechelt where incest, rape and violence is not uncommon and even the RCMP are afraid to go in there).
edit on 12-7-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NatalinaEx

Very good article, NatalinaEx. Intersting site. Thanks for posting.

My thoughts have been that the perp is local, (still leaning toward that), however, it could easily be a truck driver. One whose work takes him on this route only intermittently. When all his criteria comes together, (he's there, there is a female and she is alone, there is not anybody else around, she is in his target group) then he could do his dirty work, and be provinces away before a missing person is filed.

Good work.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I have lost a few freinds out there
all the way from Onterrible..
to truck thieves...pig farmers...bad dope.

so for the ones I know of personally...
sad losses
still missed

just consider this a small wreath and a couple flowers.
the grass can drink the whiskey sours
edit on 12-7-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NEWclearMind
Imagine my suprise: SILO13, you have more posts in this thread than the amount of girls who are missing. It's officially 18 right? Not 43? 43 is just a thrown out number. Maybe you should help look for these girls since you have so much spare time. Let me know if you need help. I love mysteries.

I don't know where you guys are getting these numbers from, but it's way over 43. I've seen over a hundred missing persons posters on just one bulletin board alone. They're literally all over the place, at gas stations, bus stations, TV, etc. This is not just isolated to the highway of tears, nor is this new to those of us from BC.

Hell, Willy Pickton had the remains of over 50 women alone on his pigfarm (but wasn't charged for that amount). That's just one guy, and 50 Vancouver prostitutes that the system didn't give a sh!t about. There was even one woman who got away from Pickton and his farm years ago and told the RCMP what was going on there and they ignored her, labelled her as being all drugged up and delusional.

Personally, I think it's time to create a provincial militia to start taking care of us since these pigs only care about Ottawa's rules and not the lives of regular people.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

There is a reason why most of these victims are aboriginal. It's because aboriginals are generally not treated the same as the same as those in the government and RCMP. It's a fact.

Thank you.

I hope your first hand knowledge will only cement what I've been trying to point out for some time now.

Now if we could only find a solution!

peace

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I don't know where you guys are getting these numbers from, but it's way over 43.

Thank you, again, even though I've pointed this out repeatedly, I hope, hearing the truth from you, someone who lives and knows first hand - others will begin to open their eyes.

So the posts you've seen 'up' and posted in your community? What is the community at larges reactino to them?

Turn their head? 'Tsk tsk' and shake their heads thinking 'There goes another one'? Pain? Pitty? Indifference?

Thank you
peace

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

If you’ve come this far in the thread PLEASE READ:

Something for everyone to keep in mind, please.

The genesis of this thread? The 'Highway of Tears' where, over decades numerous Aboriginal First Nation Woman and little girls have been murdered and many more gone 'missing'.

While researching the numbers I found authorities claim it's only a handful of missing/murdered women and girls but local tribes and families have proof the numbers are over 43 - just in the area of the Highway of Tears.

From there - the emphasis to this thread has morphed into the hundreds of missing and murdered Aboriginal First nation women throughout Canada, and the Canadian holocaust perpetrated against the Aboriginal/First Nation women, children, and few men.

There is no way I can separate these issues.

They're all pertinent. The ongoing deaths stories and missing women, so many bodies, murdered children with no formal closer, reason, and especially no one held accountable for their deaths.

Again, these truths are so tightly interwoven it's just no possible to solely address the issue of the 'Highway of Tears'.

These women are dead. These babies are dead. More have gone missing. Also, there are stout claims and witnesses who have first hand knowledge of government officials and authorities who engage in human trafficking, child trafficking, pedophilia, 'hooker games' and more.

So please, let's not debate the numbers while standing on the backs of dead children.

Let's not continue 'in fighting' where it’s absolutely inappropriate.

Let's band together - as I know we can do on ATS and focus on the many (nearing 550) missing and murdered Aboriginal First nation women who've fallen by the way side in Canada, and the Canadian officials who are doing an extremely poor job righting this gross wrong or for that matter doing anything to prevent further women ‘going gone’.

peace

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Hell, Willy Pickton had the remains of over 50 women alone on his pigfarm (but wasn't charged for that amount). That's just one guy, and 50 Vancouver prostitutes that the system didn't give a sh!t about. There was even one woman who got away from Pickton and his farm years ago and told the RCMP what was going on there and they ignored her, labelled her as being all drugged up and delusional.

Personally, I think it's time to create a provincial militia to start taking care of us since these pigs only care about Ottawa's rules and not the lives of regular people.

Yours is the direction I'd like for all to focus concerning this issue.

Facts are someone is killing the Aboriginal/First Nation women and children in Canada.

Facts are - it's ongoing and has been ongoing for decades.

Facts are - it needs to STOP!

THAT is the focus of this thread now.

So, let's see if we can come up with positive actions to take!

peace

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Not sure what action we can take. Perhaps flood the LE agency in the area with letters demanding answers?

Is this against T/C here?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
RAMONA WILSON , aged 15

First Nation girl case unsolved

LANA DERRICK, , aged 19

First Nation woman - case unsolved

DELPHINE NIKAL , aged 16
ROXANNE THIARA
ALISHIA DEMARAH GERMAINE,16
DEENA LYNN BRAEM 16
AIELAH SARIC-AUGER, aged 14
TAMARA CHIPMAN, aged 22

all First Nation girls -all cases unsolved

MARY MADELINE GEORGE
CRYSTAL LEE OKIMAW, aged 24
CRYSTAL LEE OKIMAW, aged 24
HELENA JACK,
DORCAS GAIL SHORSON,
BELINDA ANN CAMERON
LISA PAUL

Aboriginal girls and women - cases unsolved

LORNA ULMER-BILLY, aged 15
TAWYNA MEGAN LISK, aged 16
SARAH STRACHAN, 16
CHRISTINA WALLACE

ADA BROWN
CHELSEY ACORN, aged 14
CHARLENE KERR , 29
COLLEEN SHOOK
DIANNE MARY STEWART
MARY JANE JIMMIE
JENNIFER CUSWORTH, aged 19

Aboriginal LITTLE GIRLS and women - cases unsolved

ANN RUBY THRELFELL , 24
VERNA LITTLECHIEF aka Bernie Roberts
BELINDA ANN CAMERON
MICHELLE CAROLINE CHOINIERE
WENDY POOLE ,26
CHERISH BILLY OPPENHEIM
CRYSTAL PEGGY BAKER

NORMA CECILIA TASHOOTS , aged 17
SHERRY IRVING

There’s another TWENTY Five on this site alone - you want me to cut paste them too so you can see with your own eyes these are ALL First Nation Women?

Others on this thread might have a different agenda and their agenda might be to deflect the truth of the information - but - the truth will prevail.

These women are First nation Women. None of the above cases are solved. When did we hear about this case - again? See the original post. When a 'white' girsl went missing.

Now, tell me, do you really think that would be the case if these women and little girls were, oh, let’s see, all from downtown in the UK and white or from the streets of San Francisco - and white?

I’ll let you answer that yourself. It’s pretty self evident to me.

peace
edit on 12-7-2011 by silo13 because: code

I am sorry to the MODS AND OP FOR REPOSTING THIS LONG QUOTE.
I believe it is worthy to be up twice due to the content and topic.
Their names deserve to be ingraved somewhere. For all who care.
But people seemed to be side tracked by just the highway of tears thing.
The OP brought up a well known case were when a white women dissappeared is when we hear about it.

Then he added all these other women to show you there is a trend of native women being swept under the rug.
But If they were all white, bet you're life we would have heard about it.
Connect the dots, do you really need to be spoon fed about this.

Thanks OP for adding more and sticking up for those women. Even if they were white, no women deserves to be treated in such a way. Thanks to the mods for staying on you're toes.
Sending

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NatalinaEx
Highway of Tears: Vanishing Women in British Columbia
God Bless these women, and may justice one day be served.
Btw, I included a link to this thread in my list of resources so that others can join the conversation.
edit on 12-7-2011 by NatalinaEx because: (no reason given)

Thanks Natalina for putting you're heart and soul in to this.
To give these families a voice, which thry deserve but are un heard.
If you dont mind may I include you're link in all my posts.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Mividau because: just picking up the link

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I've driven on the “Highway of Tears” thousands of times and I've never seen a UFO.

Despite the massive amount of Native deaths, the Highway of Tears didn't receive attention until Nicole Hoar, a white tree-planter, went missing a few years back. She was hitchhiking to another town and never showed up. Since the forestry is so vast it's highly unlikely that she will ever be found.

An ex-girlfriend's father was a suspect of another death along the highway as he was once tried and convicted in his youth of beating a prostitute fairly brutally, also he lived in the area. Nothing became of it but he told me they tried to connect him to other missing persons along the Highway.

My native friends will never hitchhike along that road, even if their parents still do, even if their hometowns and reserves are hundreds of miles along its path. There's a high volume of rural travellers, truckers, natives, whites, bikers and outdoorsmen who frequent the road; you'd never know who would pick you up.

If it's a serial killer, he must be a trucker, or someone who travels the road constantly.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I just have to add this.
But between this thread and the Native American Family being beaten by skin heads and then the father gets arrested.
It really makes me lose faith in humanity. Just to see the replies on the two threads breaks my heart.
How anyone can believe the hatefull attacks on these peoples is in any way their fault is just pure hate.
Thanks to ATS and OP's and MOds for allowing this to be seen. Sad thing is if it wasn't for site's like this I wouldnt know anything about it.
Absolutely heartbreaking :'(

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join