It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dozens' of Women Vanish From Canadian Wilderness

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I guess that be another indicator of social issues.... maybe efforts could be put in a more productive area
like protecting young girls from today's issues on reserves

peace

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

I appreciate your perspective; although the history of those social behaviours reveals at least 2 generations were at the hands of abuse - ritual, addictive, call it what you will.

If you have been sexually or otherwise assaulted as a child, odds would say you probably are not going to have the best coping, or parental skills. Chances are, you probably at some point, will turn to mind-altering substances to take you away from your situation - even if its the past.

I will see if I can find the info on Aboriginal people and the way their bodies metabolize alcohol. Because of their chemical make-up, alcohol appears to affect them differently than others, and post it here.. been awhile since I read it.

Some have been able to cope with the abuse against themselves, their friends and relatives, and sadly others have not. Hence the social behaviours you speak of.
From my perspective.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

The majority of serial killers are young black males. Serial killer is defined as a person who has killed 3 or more people with a cooling off period in between. My source on this is the FBI UCR and having gotten a degree in Criminal Justice. The most common victims of serial killers are also young black males.

Signature killers (what most people think of as serial killers) seem to show no real pattern in race except they usually hunt within their own ethnicity. They also run the gamut in intelligence. You've got people like Ridgeway who was almost retarded, and guys like Bundy.

I don't think all these women have been victimized by one person. I think some may have been, some may have just run away and some may have been killed by a relative/friend etc and disposed of then blamed on the Hwy. No matter the cause, it's still sad to see so many people dead/missing with no answers for family and friends.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

wow just wow

I will see if I can find the info on Aboriginal people and the way their bodies metabolize alcohol. Because of their chemical make-up, alcohol appears to affect them differently than others, and post it here.. been awhile since I read it.

that's an amazing statement... I'd like to see that one from a reputable source.

But to say some that has been abused is doomed to have troubles coping is a crock and I strongly believe that people can and do lift themselves back up... there just seems to be a "let someone else fix our internal problems" mindset... I just don't get why

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I'm actually fairly certain the statement about alcohol having a different effect on Natives is true. I'm not entirely sure though. At the very least, it's a common misconception I've heard a number of times.

I do agree that people who come from abuse should not use that as an excuse to be dirt bags. While it does seem to have a huge influence on how a person turns out, I have witnessed first hand a large number of people who pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and didn't let the past destroy the future.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchanneller
reply to post by Mividau

Perhaps we need to narrow the question, or I need your questioned narrowed. I live in a world where all I see is attacks on indigenous peoples. Perhaps you do not and I need to climb aboard the Mividau train and with great joy might I add. You appear to live in a paradigm that I do not. Or perhaps it is just the way I worded my post. If so, apologies to you.

I can leave this thread and start sending the hundreds of links to you supporting the incessant attack on the First Nation peoples around the world, even Laplanders, who are the first original white people, even they are doomed and so pathetically do not know it. As I write, there is bloody slaughter a minute around the world that I can forward to you for your perusal of the systematic attempts to end the original beginnings of mankind as we know it today . Take Africa, for instance...

You are on a conspiracy site, which I believe is a "truth" site and so far from conspiracy it is a laugh for me. I believe that everything outside of this site is conspiracy with maybe a 2% exception.

I am not sure if offended you. I am new to the conspiracy world.
So when I asked in a dumb way I meant dumb. I am ignorant (innocent) of what knowledge you are talking about.
I only heard that statement one other time by a friend who has never answered me about it. A FB friend who doesnt use it that much.

So once again I apologize, If you are thinking about stating a thread on the subject please send me the link so I dont need to badger you. I will enjoying reading you're view on it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I'm actually fairly certain the statement about alcohol having a different effect on Natives is true. I'm not entirely sure though. At the very least, it's a common misconception I've heard a number of times.

I do agree that people who come from abuse should not use that as an excuse to be dirt bags. While it does seem to have a huge influence on how a person turns out, I have witnessed first hand a large number of people who pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and didn't let the past destroy the future.

I agree with you about being abused in the past is no excuse.
I have come from this type of past. Luckely the foster care system snatched my brother and I up.
Or I dont know how I woulda turned out.

You have a degree in criminal profileing. Could you work on up for us??

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

I am so glad to hear that the foster system actually worked for your brother and you. It seems it so often does not help much. You and I have had a little back and forth and I have been impressed by you.

My degree was not in profiling, it was just a basic criminal justice degree though I took a few classes that dealt with this type of thing in a limited capacity. I have a few friends and an ex girlfriend (still on good terms
) that studied forensic psychology (profiling essentially). I will ask them what they think of the cases so far.

It's so sad to see this many people just vanish. I don't care what race they were. We are all human and need to learn to treat our brothers and sisters as family.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Phantom traveller

The "official" date that this started is 1969.The question is how do we know that this didn't happen before,but the authorities started getting reports at that date?I mean as far as we know this could happen forever and we only have data and information of the past 4 decades.

I have a feeling that this is more than the average serial killer-racist case.

Just another discrepancy with the 'authorities'.

There are documented cases before 1969, but, as you pointed out - the authorities 'pick and choose' when to make these cases 'official' and when not.

I wish I had a better answer, and, like another posted stated, a 'magic wand'...

Thank you for your post.

So if this happens before 1969 we can rule out that one person is responsible.

Since i'm better in paranormal research,i was researching the BC area for hauntings and past tragedies.I came across the Chinlac Massacre which happened in 1745.The resemblance to this crime is that 250 women and children were slaughtered by the men of Chilcotin natives,while the men were away hunting.The Chinlac men managed to take revenge.
Chinlac massacre

Now here is my connection to the present events:
The revenge of Chinlac men never really stopped.Either alive men or the spirits are still avenging the genocide,by abducting and killing women and children.I don't want to sound offensive in any way,but does anyone know if the victims are members of one particular tribe?
One could thing that the massacre happened 260 years ago,why continue?Sometimes revenge can go on forever.This part of the human nature unfortunatelly.

I hope i won't offend anyone with this thought.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

'Dozens' of Women Vanish From Canadian Wilderness

www.newser.com

So many women have disappeared along the 837-mile stretch of Highway 16 that cuts through the Rocky Mountains in British Columbia that people have started calling it "The Highway of Tears,"

Over the last three decades, 18 women have gone missing on the highway, according to police—although local aboriginal leaders say the true number is closer to 43.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thedailybeast.com

considering the brutal canadian winter, the social problems(alcoolism, domestic violence, drugs, crime, etc), remote isolated communities, wild life that would eat the remains of the unfortunates, this is a believable number.

probaly not a conspiracy, just the law of average considering social and climate reality.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
For anyone who wants to go a little deeper into the circumstances of Indians in Canada, here is the Canadian Indian Act. It's quite an eye-opener and a marvellous example of how to control people under the guise of protecting them and their interests:

www.shannonthunderbird.com...

Something for those interested in the alcohol issue. You'll need to scroll down past the bit on voting rights:

www.aaanativearts.com...

And the issue of water:

www.canadians.org...

5. Canada’s record on Indigenous water rights is appalling.

While the majority of communities in Canada benefit from excellent public municipal water services, the federal government has failed in its obligation to provide safe drinking water and sanitation in Indigenous communities. More than 100 First Nations reserves are under boil water advisories and many communities have lived without adequate water infrastructure for generations.

Furthermore, industrial water contamination has disproportionately impacted Indigenous communities leading to high cancer rates in communities like Fort Chipewyan, Alberta, which is directly downstream from the environmentally destructive tar sands production.

A right to water would ensure that the Canadian government provides safe clean drinking water and sanitation to all peoples in Canada without discrimination.

edit on 13-7-2011 by berenike because: additional information

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by blueorder

The majority of serial killers are young black males. Serial killer is defined as a person who has killed 3 or more people with a cooling off period in between. My source on this is the FBI UCR and having gotten a degree in Criminal Justice. The most common victims of serial killers are also young black males.

Signature killers (what most people think of as serial killers) seem to show no real pattern in race except they usually hunt within their own ethnicity. They also run the gamut in intelligence. You've got people like Ridgeway who was almost retarded, and guys like Bundy.

I don't think all these women have been victimized by one person. I think some may have been, some may have just run away and some may have been killed by a relative/friend etc and disposed of then blamed on the Hwy. No matter the cause, it's still sad to see so many people dead/missing with no answers for family and friends.

I would love to get the prespective of people who are in the criminal field. Instead of my two cents.
I am a very emotional person. My strength and My weakness, As anyone can tell by how many time's my foot has been firmly placed in my mouth. LOL

I am really upset that so many women have disappeared without a trace. And I relize wilderness may play a part init. But with no consise answers, all we are left to do is speculate.
The thing that really gets me is the way the athuorities are handeling it. Which on that part I do believe boils down to race and if not race atleast economic status. Which I now declare a race. Anyone who has ever lived in poverty can attest things are different for you. It is evident when anyone visits the poor side of town. Or a hospital in a city.

Maybe you and you're friends can field trip down there and put you're know how to some good use.
I know the families will be gratefull for any help. And I know all of us who have begun to care about this case and these people would appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Forgot to say thanks for the links

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

The revenge of Chinlac men never really stopped.Either alive men or the spirits are still avenging the genocide,by abducting and killing women and children.I don't want to sound offensive in any way,but does anyone know if the victims are members of one particular tribe?
One could thing that the massacre happened 260 years ago,why continue?Sometimes revenge can go on forever.This part of the human nature unfortunatelly.

I live in Sicily. 'Vendetas' can go on for decades so for me at least this is very believable.

This is one of the first explanations that, as scary as it is, makes more sense than random killers. When I get to speak with Mr. Annett I'll make sure and ask him his opinion.

Thank you!
peace

edit on 13-7-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Thank you for posting these important links to help fill the background.

I am waiting to hear back from the friend (social worker) who sent me the initial info re: Natives do not metabolize alcohol the same way caucasians do.
Your links help provide the data.

Big topic, hope it hasn't swayed too much off the original thread title - still the same issue, IMO.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perfect stranger

But to say some that has been abused is doomed to have troubles coping is a crock and I strongly believe that people can and do lift themselves back up... there just seems to be a "let someone else fix our internal problems" mindset... I just don't get why

I didn't say there were doomed to have troubles, I simply stated it was likely. I didn't say it was right or fair. Don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NEWclearMind

Did you just attempt to shoot down everything I said based on what you read in the OP article?

I'll say it again: I live in BC. I, along with everyone else here, knows about the Highway of Tears. This isn't breaking news to me in the least. The 43 number is not accurate either; perhaps that's just the "official" number that eventually makes it to news that outsiders read.

And yes, I did say hundreds of missing persons reported on billboards. I seriously can't believe that you're criticizing that fact; perhaps you should come here and look for yourself. A lot of the posters feature dozens of photos all by themselves, ever consider that in determining how 'illogical' my statement was?

I may just go and take a picture just to show you.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Agreed and I feel you bring many valid points in the discussion.
I believe that it's a social issue that creates a very vicious circle that given the present resources available in the native communities that unless they do it for themselves to change that "circle of life" they will continue be the vunerable and be preyed on by those that see them as the "easiest target" because no one seems to care

quite sad

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I live in Greece(hey we are neighbours
) and we know vendettas as well.
If this is the case it will be very difficult to stop.

When are you going to speak with Mr. Annett?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join