It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan's Music?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm shocked and amazed that SeekerLou feels he has to pray for everyone in this thread.

I don't think the Christian musicians talked about in this thread need to pray for anything other than to continue making the music they love and to allow others who love it to continue hearing and appreciating it. But thanks for proving to any atheist who stops by this thread that there are still people such as yourself who are so close minded to the world and who believe themselves superior for having a belief in something that tells them to pretty much become recluses in order to avoid the things that will send them to Hell (because lets face it, what DOESN'T get you sent there in this world according to the views of people writing hundreds of years ago?)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There is no god. Ergo, there is no satan. This thread is invalid. And I like bacon.
/2nd line

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

You're trying to make us feel guilty for posting music that you deem "blasphemous" because its supposedly going to be used against us. Sorry, but referring anyone to the music I listed is more likely to turn them against religion than toward it. You can pray all you want, but the minute you try to oppress anyone into conforming to your own beliefs will be the minute you can be considered a Communist.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

That stuff about Crowley is wrong. He bought Boleskine House to perform the ritual found in The Book of the Sacred Magick of Abramelin the Mage. Last time that book had nothing to do with ritualistic sacrifice or summoning evil spirits. It is a six month long ritual that consists of a lot of meditation. And while some minor rituals and evocations are performed, there is nothing evil or Satanic about them.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Quite amusing!!

When I was a kid I tried playing Stairway to Heaven backwards by "freestylin'" on my Welcome Back Kotter portable record player. (my parents wouldn't let me use the hi fi in the living room to do it) We sat around for hours thinking we heard something.

Perhaps these guys on this website ought to listen closely to some Slayer tunes or to a little Ronnie James Dio (RIP) Maybe a little GWAR (the devil's personal band) will scare them silly.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There's actually a lot of variety to the genre. Most of what has been posted could be considered raw black metal, which primarily goes back to the influence of bands like Darkthrone, Mayhem, and early Burzum. Essentially the music was designed to be an anti-genre of music to combat not only the mainstream pop at the time, but the bombastic sound that was taking over the European metal scene at the time. Recent years have seen the emergence of ambient black metal, symphonic black metal, post-black metal, and progressive black metal. Black metal has even started to be incorporated by genres outside of metal including shoegaze and indie folk.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Check this out, you don't even have to play it backwards to notice the anti-Christian overtones.

Since I actually like this type of music, I will undoubtedly......

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Dethklok = greatest metal band EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I find back masking very entertaining and fun to listen to.

I do have a question, I don't think it's been asked yet in this thread. How do Christians know what metal music sounds like forward or backward? If it's satan's music, they should be avoiding it. By knowing what it sounds like they're admitting they've listened to it at some point, right? If that's the case, I guess we better save a few extra seats in hell.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by randyvs

There's actually a lot of variety to the genre. Most of what has been posted could be considered raw black metal, which primarily goes back to the influence of bands like Darkthrone, Mayhem, and early Burzum. Essentially the music was designed to be an anti-genre of music to combat not only the mainstream pop at the time, but the bombastic sound that was taking over the European metal scene at the time. Recent years have seen the emergence of ambient black metal, symphonic black metal, post-black metal, and progressive black metal. Black metal has even started to be incorporated by genres outside of metal including shoegaze and indie folk.

Thank you for your thoughtful post

What was the last one with the icy mountain valley?

Jesu is one of my favorite bands.
I have no idea what genre it would fall into. which is why i like it so much.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IKTOMI

The last one is VLE. They have two albums Book of Illusions: Chapter I & II and Book of Illusions: Chapter III. They combine dark ambient, black metal, and doom metal to create some of the most emotionally evocative sonicscapes I have heard.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Thanx

Check out "black boned angel" they have some nice tones.

I think they took their name from a Godflesh track

who later became JESU.

also check "Rosetta" a very interesting sound.

and ISIS

edit on 06/28/2011 by IKTOMI because: (no reason given)

edit on 06/28/2011 by IKTOMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

These bands all have way to much in common tho. Not only do the bands lack diversity and any signs of imagination. In both a lyrical and instrumental sense. In each of their own songs. Or in other words. I not only, can't hear any difference, from one song to the next per band. It seems as if ,every song sounds the same through out.
There is absolutly nothing given over to the sweetness, that music is supposed to be. At least it should be present in true musicians. Not that every song should have a sweetness to it. Just that it should at least be present and obvious in musicians themselves. If you played every black/death metal song ever written back to back. I would think it was all just one big blow hole of a song. By one band.

I feel bad for young people today. One thing about the industry. I do know. Their attitude isn't what will the people like? Their attitude is, we can put out anything and they will buy it. They will just have to like what we give them.

edit on 12-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

They give you hell and you love them for it.
edit on 12-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Though I would agree with you with most of the older satanic and black metal genre it is indeed an evolving sound.
I wish it would evolve faster.

Try the videos I posted above. Some great tones.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IKTOMI

Love most of those bands (I couldn't really get into Godflesh after Streetsweeper). Have you ever done the thing where you listen to both discs of The Galilean Satellites at the same time?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I can see that if your ear hasn't been developed for the sound. Most people tend to get hung up on the vocals, tremolo picking, and blast beats and can't really get how it all works together to create an atmosphere. You can't go in expecting to hear the melody driven music you are used to, instead you must go in expecting ambiance driven music. You can't only focus on the instrumentals, but the negative space always plays a crucial part.

Also, I agree that mainstream music is industry driven, but when you get into the underground genres it is very passion driven. A lot of the guys in the metal genre are working at least one job on top of touring. And I'm not talking about just your average local bands. Bands like Amon Amarth, who are considered to be big names in the metal community, have only in the past few years been able to become self-sufficient on their music. They do it though because they love what they're doing and they love their fans. Take Chuck Schuldiner for example. He was the founder of death metal and was in one of the biggest bands in the genre, but everything he did was for his fans. Even after he was diagnosed with a malignant form of brain cancer all he focused on was trying to get one last album out for his fans. Right up to the end he was working on the music that both him and his fans loved.

And even if you don't like metal, this song is just beautiful.

edit on 12-7-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well since this obviously morphed into sharing metal with the masses, here's a few good ones;

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You just became my favorite person on ATS for posting Death. I love that band and can play several of their songs on guitar. Chuck Schuldiner is an outstanding guitarist and highly underrated.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

interesting idea Ill have to get the vinyl to try it

Oh see if you can get "Layering Buddha" by Robert Henke of Monolake. excellent ambient album one of my favorites.
I got the vinyl set of it and mix them together. great stuff.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKTOMI
reply to post by randyvs

Though I would agree with you with most of the older satanic and black metal genre it is indeed an evolving sound.
I wish it would evolve faster.

Try the videos I posted above. Some great tones.

I'm at least going to listen to everything posted on the last to pages. I feel the need to fly in the face of my parents once again. That is, I remember how they never gave my music a chance. One day me and my brother were shooting pool in the garage. My Mom in the backyard, and we had Stairway to Heaven blasting.thru the whole neighborhood. At the end of the song I turned around to see my Mom standing there in the doorway.
I turned down the stereo real fast, " Sorry Mom ".

" No no it's fine. I just wanted to ask who that was ? " She said, " That has to be one of the prettiest songs I've
ever heard in my life. If it hadn't been for the pool-q holding me up, I know I would've fell over. We both said in sync,
"Led Zeppelin Mom"! Here face flushed red and she turned around cussing back out the door. I looked at my brother and said, " What the flock has she been smok'in ? My brother so honest said," Cigarettes like always ".
So i'll give em a spin.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join