It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are a segment of my imagination!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well, let's see if anyone can crack this one, can you prove to me that you are not figment of my imagination?

How are you suppose to prove to yourself that you are not imagining the world?

Why would you care if you look like cupcake, if you can't even prove whether the world is real or just a figment of your imagination.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c26b28088b8a.jpg[/atsimg]

Why would you care enough to not shoot if you can't even prove whether the person you are shooting is a figment of your imagination.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e2a3f1f0610.jpg[/atsimg]

If you knew the world was just a dream,just a figment of your imagination, would you act the same way you act now?

edit on 10-7-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Good questions...the answer is yes I'd act like I do now.
and by the way I think your in my dream.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

No I can not prove I not a segment of your imagination

Can you prove you are not just a segment of mine

edit on 10-7-2011 by consigliere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

Why is a figment of my imagination asking me whether I can prove that I'm your figment of imagination. If I'm a figment of your imagination and I'm part of the imaginary world, then would you perceive the world differently, and behave differently?

If no one can prove the world isn't a figment of the self's imagination then what does that mean? Anything?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I think therefore I am.

You are all a part of my imagination. None of you exist.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Well being only in contact with each through the internet raises the bar a little in proving my existence to you but normally your five senses would confirm my presence.

You'de be able to see me, hear me, feel me and smell me (you can forget about tasting me!!). There might even be a possibility where you can "feel my presence". But other than that....no, can't prove it.

Normally though, these things should be enough for any man to conclude there is a seperation between you and me. If you are going to argue that the senses are just an illusion than there seems no point in proving anything.

How are you going to prove colors to a blind man?

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

Why is a figment of my imagination asking me whether I can prove that I'm your figment of imagination. If I'm a figment of your imagination and I'm part of the imaginary world, then would you perceive the world differently, and behave differently?

If no one can prove the world isn't a figment of the self's imagination then what does that mean? Anything?

Not necessarily on the behaving differently thing, perhaps we are both behaving just as our subconscious would have us.

On that last question, can we prove were even alive? On could say " If you killed me, then that would prove I was alive, but not to me!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I think therefore I am.

No one can be certain of anything except of their own existence.

How do you know you are not still in the womb, only dreaming about your life to be?

How do you know you are not in a coma only dreaming about how your life could have been?

How do you know you are not already dead, only dreamin of how your life was - reliving it?

who knows? not me...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Well being only in contact with each through the internet raises the bar a little in proving my existence to you but normally your five senses would confirm my presence.

You'de be able to see me, hear me, feel me and smell me (you can forget about tasting me!!). There might even be a possibility where you can "feel my presence". But other than that....no, can't prove it.

Normally though, these things should be enough for any man to conclude there is a seperation between you and me. If you are going to argue that the senses are just an illusion than there seems no point in proving anything.

How are you going to prove colors to a blind man?

Peace

Tasting is the best part!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I like this so a star and flag from me.

In regards to your question, I have two answers:

i.) The straight talking, no nonsense part of me says that yes we are alive and that your not a figment of my imagination. I understand the technology that gives me the ability to communicate with you through a website and fanny around with that on a daily basis at work, it's definitely real.

ii.) I've had many, many strange coincidences in my life where I've truly felt that I've created my own reality (little things like judging what someone is going to do before they do it, spotting certain things before they happen) does that make me psychic? Or simply someone more in tune with his surroundings than most?

I'll admit that after a while, personally I have at times felt like things in my imagination have come to life so to speak, whether this is some ability or common sense on my behalf I don't know.

Probably hard to understand the angle I'm coming from here but read a second time and maybe you'll get where I'm coming from.

Ultimately, I think we all exist and all are real. It's the blur between what you can't do and what you think you can't do that's exciting...

P.S. The pictures in the OP are almost subliminal
shoot yourself if your fat because your punishing yourself, damn muffins!
edit on 10/7/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

coincidences and psychic events are only signals from you subconscious that you are unknowingly creating this "reality" and that you need to wake up from this dream.

ooooohhhoohhoooooo

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by deanGI5
reply to post by Death_Kron

coincidences and psychic events are only signals from you subconscious that you are unknowingly creating this "reality" and that you need to wake up from this dream.

ooooohhhoohhoooooo

It's the ability of realising you have the power to literally create your life thats simply a mind blowing concept. Once you learn that, you come out of the dream - you simply start creating it.

Got to enjoy life for what it's worth (what is it bloody worth?)

I'm not talking about careers, relationships etc Anyone with average/above average intelligence can make a life for themselves, but that's where they stop.

Unless someone reading this has felt what I'm talking about then they probably think I'm losing it.

Then again, I could be

edit on 10/7/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
If you knew the world was just a dream,just a figment of your imagination, would you act the same way you act now?

You mean: "If you'd imagine the world was just a dream...."

Unless you are stating that the world is just an illusion?? Because then the burden of proof is on your shoulders...

There is something inherently dangerous with this line of thought, it excuses people from taking responsibility!!

We are not going to solve our problems by "waking up", We're ignoring problems under the premise that it's not real. Those are two different things. What if your're wrong??

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The same reality can be perceived in almost infinite ways, with altering levels of perceptual dynamicism, inner-plane perception and outer-plane solidity.

When I look at you I see me, as if I was you - without freewill I can only act in accordance to what I would accept done to me as if I was you, otherwise, there will be a negative-inverse reaction - i.e. pleasure and pain.

If you can understand that, then you will understand the meaning of "karma".
edit on 10-7-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

If everything and everyone around me was a figment of my Imagination why the heck would I be on the low end of the money pool? Why would superman just be a hero from a comic book and not real? With such a great imagination why would I have made myself so limited in scope?
If I was however just a figment of your imagination I would have to ask you why you would kill my parents?
Why did you destroy the twin towers?
Who killed JFK really if it was all just your imagination then surely these answers exist inside you. I mean since it was all your imagination why do you imagine the human condition with such bold disregard? All those poor people in Japan and Africa.. Why would you imagine others in so much pain?
I think I prefer to believe that we are all each seperate entities and thereby not accepting ownership of all that suffering.
P.s. can you imagine me gaining a few million bucks in the next few hours that would be great, Thanks in advance...
Therian

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Some argue that everything my senses detect is real. That's where the issue comes to light, "what is 'real'"? Your senses are still operational when you are dreaming, or when you are imagining.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Therian

Those questions really doesn't prove that you are not a figment of my imagination, nor does it prove that I'm not a figment of your imagination.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Wasn't aware I was trying to disprove you. Just hope its all in your imagination. Cus if this all happened in mine I would be a serious a-Hole for all the crap I have done. If your looking for a reason to test your mortality just because you feel different or ignored Then go right ahead. If its your imagination doing all of this then I will simply disappear and you probably don't deserve that much power. If not you will be dead and I will have to wait for the next idjut to come along whom I can blame for all of my woes.. Hey you got your hobbies I got mine..._javascript:icon('
')
Therian

Was just thinking.. Or perhaps its you thinking. The point is when you go to your imaginary doctor to talk about your imaginary discussion with an imaginary segment of yourself. Don't let him overcharge you.._javascript:icon('
')
T
edit on 10-7-2011 by Therian because: Just for a laugh

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Therian

If you haven't noticed this is related to philosophy, if you can't even prove whether everything is not a figment of your imagination, then how would that effect your actions? If you believe non of this was real, would you behave differently, which is one of the questions I asked, and I related that to the idea that no one can prove the world as real.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Quick question. Are you trying to explain this all to me? Or to your imagination? I find it kinda odd that you are smart enough to come up with all this yet your imagination is to stupid to grasp the subject... Or at least that is how it seems to me(you?)..
Perhaps now you see my point... If not then maybe I am just a figment of my imagination...
Therian

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join