It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

123 Year Old Recording Recovered From Ancient Doll

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

hey thanx Arbitrageur
found it.

Crazy! it WAS creepy. but dolls have always creeped me out, I didnt have any as a littlie- they made me cry :p

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I still say the doll and now after listening to the recording is creepier

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Remember this doll. Talk about a nightmare

This was one of my very favorite episodes. Pretty much every time I see some talking toy it comes to mind. We had a shipboard voice annunciation system that had the "My name is Talky Tina and you'd better be nice to me!" clip on the prototype ROM as a sort of easter egg, but we pulled it in production.

As a sidenote, if you ever ran into an implementation of Wildfire in the 90s, you could ask it 'what does the cow say', it was an easter egg that most implementors didn't know how to disable.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Speaking of creepy

....this is "Houston we have a problem" creepy.

Dolls and the doppelganger effect, some say they hold poltergeists in them. Yikes!

P.S. This is from another ATS forum. A dad was moving and gave his cell phone to his daughter to play with and he found this picture on it. No doll that day in the place, he claims.
edit on 11-7-2011 by angelchanneller because: syntax

Here is the ATS link

...which has an outside link to another website which I did not peruse.
edit on 11-7-2011 by angelchanneller because: found the link

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchanneller

I didn't want to get into the topic of ghosts or haunted dolls [Even though I enjoy some the ghost hunting shows] Having said that if you combine Ghosts and Creepy old dolls and I'd split before you could say Barbie....

edit on 11-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I've always found dolls very creepy & try to stay away & not look them in the eyes,after seeing the picture & hearing it speak i'm creeped out all over again

As creepy & scary as it is it's amazing hearing it now being 123 odd years old.

dolls are evil

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
reply to post by jam321

Well, looks like I can take sleep off my "to do" list for the next couple days.
edit on 7/9/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

LOL I was thinking the same thing,

Wasn't one of these dolls on oddities,
dsc.discovery.com...

edit on 033131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Wow, that's pretty impressive technology for 123 years ago !

And to everybody who goes on about how creepy old dolls are - You ever heard of "La Isla de la Muneca" - the island of the dolls ?

Its a place down in mexico, said it s haunted by the the ghost of a little girl who drowned there.
Somehow people started to put dolls there -- creepy as hell:

www.bizarremag.com...

edit on 11-7-2011 by svetlana84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

Your links didn't work, but yea, I saw that on a ghost hunter show.

edit on 033131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You are funny! And well, I too had a great doll collection and they made me very happy. I sold two from a German collection my grandmother purchased on one of her buying trips and paid for my first year of college and eventually sold them all pretty much.

But when I saw, well...what little I saw of "Chucky"...truthfully, I could not watch it through.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
LOL!! You weenies.... have a doll collecton .. keeps the wuss male burglars away.Particularly my ventriloquist ones.. and my favorite, an antique Charlie McCarthy AKA anti-home invasion device who sits in his own chair in my foyer.

Pretty cool doll and major kudos for the historical value of the post for us weirdo doll lovers.
My best one is a wind up musical antique china doll from Japan... but for EEEEK factor, I have 2 small antique dolls that we discovered in the upstairs insulation when removing it to put new in. The house is over a century old.. as were the dolls.
One is fully jointed, wooden, and has a china head. The other is the typical german made cloth and porcelain. Both nice on the creepy factor.

Pictures?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchanneller
Speaking of creepy

....this is "Houston we have a problem" creepy.

Dolls and the doppelganger effect, some say they hold poltergeists in them. Yikes!

P.S. This is from another ATS forum. A dad was moving and gave his cell phone to his daughter to play with and he found this picture on it. No doll that day in the place, he claims.
edit on 11-7-2011 by angelchanneller because: syntax

Here is the ATS link

...which has an outside link to another website which I did not peruse.
edit on 11-7-2011 by angelchanneller because: found the link

That's not even real.
That's from a troll infested web forum.
Anyone who believes that is crazier than me, and Im a certified lunatic.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

I think I saw it on a show once.
There is no need to scare people though

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

It is funny you should say that the way you did. It gave me pause to think.

I did not know why I was disturbed by this post. You know, the " ...a friend of mine." thing. Who hasn't given their cell phone to their child or their camera or whatever to go wild and have fun.

But why would someone make a picture of their child with that content and put it on the web? If you think I am stuffy, say so. Seriously though, I did not buy into the paranormal aspect, but more the "this parent is just so wrong" aspect.

Thoughts? Is this funny? Am I too conservative?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
...i still have my chatty cathy doll... got her xmas of 1960... she still talks but sounds demonic...

...cool find, slayer...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Avoids coming over to your place with a "Demonic Chatty Cathy" roaming freely

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Saw the show too and thought it was - Freaky - as is that doll in the o.p. though I have always thought most dolls were creepy (and clowns!) and this doll even creepier given the recording.

www.nps.gov...

Here is the recording

Shivers...
edit on 11-7-2011 by iMystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Ya know what? That antique recording, sounds like an EVP.

When I was a little kid, my mom had pictures of black and white clowns on our bedroom wall. How could she think wede like those? They were spooky looking.
edit on 11-7-2011 by simone50m because: I wrote "an", & it posted as "and", & I know I wrote "an" NOT "and".

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Oh my God. I have just experienced the sickest idea ever. What if someone were to come up with dolls for sale, which look 'Goth', which contain ---real--- EVPs in them, when you activate the doll.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by iMystery

LOL Creepyness abounds tonight. In the mood for ghost hunting

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join