It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Container Truck Spewing Gamma Rays Into Traffic on I-270 in Saint Louis, Missouri

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

We got stuck next to this truck during the 7pm July 1st holiday traffic on North bound I-270, after seeing the Radioactive warning placards we pulled out the Geiger Counter and Camera. Lesson learned, AVOID RADIOACTIVE TRUCKS!

The Geiger counter samples over a 30 second moving average, updated every 3 seconds.

Notice how the reading on the Geiger Counter keeps moving upwards after we pass the truck; had we stayed next to the radioactive truck the readings would have went even higher.

Pray for the truck driver; the source of gamma rays appeared to be located almost directly behind the driver.

One would think that these things would be much more heavily shielded, located further away from the driver, and that such materials would be transported when other people are not on the road.

The truck exited I-270 at Lilac Ave.

theintelhub.com...

Attached to the link is a video of them testing the rig.

Um, this needs to go viral! GAMMA RAYS, spewing into traffic! For those that dont know Gamma Rays are the most deadly of radiation! Who over looks the safety of trasportation of radioactive materials? This is an outrage!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wonder if the truck driver was aware what was in the truck.

It would have been cool to at least get the driver to pull over and show him the geiger counter results. Heck, the driver could have said "heck with this", and leave the truck sitting on the side of the road and let the gov come and get it.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I've always thought the next false flag attack was going to be in the heartland. Not so great as I live 10 minutes from lilac ave....

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Do they all do this or could the trailer have been damaged? If they all do it then perhaps the radiation dissipates after a certain time frame. Either way, this sounds disturbing.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
Do they all do this or could the trailer have been damaged? If they all do it then perhaps the radiation dissipates after a certain time frame. Either way, this sounds disturbing.

I dont know, but if they all do that then we have some problems

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
.3 MR/H is a low level of radiation, which you would have to be in contact with for over an hour to experience harm (if any) from it.

While I don't agree that this is right in any way (they should have better standards for the transportation of radioactive materials), the only one really at any risk here is the driver.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wonders what was in there so radio?????

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Gamma rays in traffic, nuclear plants flooding/almost on fire, flooding, earthquakes .......but all is FINE!!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrFake
.3 MR/H is a low level of radiation, which you would have to be in contact with for over an hour to experience harm (if any) from it.

While I don't agree that this is right in any way (they should have better standards for the transportation of radioactive materials), the only one really at any risk here is the driver.

Yeah but think about the driver. He could have that straped on his back for days depending on where he is going.

and i know ive been in stand still traffic for more then an hour before. heck for 2 hours sometimes. Now think of the family sitting next to it that long. still, not good
edit on 8-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Is there any way to find out what he is hauling?

There should be a manifest somewhere.

I would love to know the source.

Anyway to track that load since it's "Hazardous"?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Very true. They should make inspections a daily routine. Maybe give police officers geiger counters, and allow them to pull over any truck carrying radio active materials to do a quick assessment.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It would seem intelligent to move these types of hazards on nite roads with less traffic on them. Seems abnormal to move in the day with so many cars around it as if its a rush rush type of thing.
edit on 7/8/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I travel that road often and live in the area.
I wonder where he was going?
270 isn't exactly a major trucking route.

This absolutely should go viral.
This is exactly where the internet shines and the MSM epicly FAILS!!!!
Information like this should not have to be dug for though. This is the type of thing that should smack you in the
face when you sit down with your morning cup of coffee.
I shall repost this elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
can you imagine if the rig got in a car crash or fliped, chought on fire. no one would know whats in it and everyone in a 20 mile area would get ratiation

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I just called the phone number on the truck.

The lady told me they haul "Medical Waste".

She told me she has already received some calls.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I just called the phone number on the truck.

The lady told me they haul "Medical Waste".

She told me she has already received some calls.

"Medical Waste" with gamma radiation. sounds about right

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Thanks for checking it out, deep. Medical waste?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
They could just send this same truck, (perhaps many more like it) travelling indefinitely across the country, nuking everything in its path....

Slow kill.

We shouldn't worry though, Coulter & FOX says radiation is good for us. If we exceed safe levels, we raise the safe level standards.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
We shouldn't worry though, Coulter & FOX says radiation is good for us. If we exceed safe levels, we raise the safe level standards.

O they said that, i must have missed it. well party on then!

How do you have radioactive medical waste?

I guess if i was hauling radioactive gamma rays i would call it something else to

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Radiation isn't just like water vapor and disapears .

It has a half life.

It will be near that area for years. or in the same state or region at least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join