It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A WARNING from Inuit People: Sun Wrong, Stars Wrong, Earth Tilting On Axis!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
With age comes knowledge and experience. (except in Washington for some reason)

Anyway, my only problem with this is the fact that I am relying on someone's supposed translation to English.

If it is an honest and truthful translation, this is very impressive and believeable. These people obviously know the land they have lived in for years.

They are down to earth type people with no agenda other than to live their lives in peace.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by Arken

As much as I'd love to believe that the Inuit people are observationally keen enough to spot subtle changes in the night sky, I'm pretty sure Astronomers all around the globe would be the first to notice.
edit on 8-7-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

I agree, and I'm wondering if enough ice has already melted that the mountains are shorter and the land is lower so the sun looks higher???

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I don't know about the OP, but I am not able to understand the Inuit language.

For all I know, the translation could be made up by anyone.
edit on 8-7-2011 by H1ght3chHippie because: Typo

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gremlin2011
with all due respect to the inuit people but if ware the sun sets is different then surly ware it rises shud be also different yeh??

Not really, depending on which way the earth tilts.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

there wasn't a thread on here saying how the sun had rose in the north two days early. did you forget or are these people liars, well just a valid question. seems like there is no trust in this world no more, and everyone is calling each others liars the human race is really progressing along nicely these days, where one man can't listen to another without being labled a crackpot or liar, me I trust the Inuit they are intamately related to there envoiroment for thousands of years yet all of a sudden a white man comes along who has never lived there, but knows the envoiroment intamately and has spent his life time observing THERE surrounding and knows better than them, just a thought

to me what you have said stinks of de-bunking

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Time to put my tin foil hat on and move to the the underground bunkers.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

The Japanese earthquake, I believe it is known officially as the Tohoku earthquake, is still being studied as to its effects. I don't know if precision measurements from all possible angles have been made yet to determine if the net effect of the quake has been a measurable expansion of the earth, or if it is simply an example of plate drift. I know that Japan is slightly wider in one area than it was.

I believe aftershocks are still occurring, so it might be some time before things settle into stasis or relative stasis again. At that time a net summing up of changes will be done, I am sure.

Things changed. That's for sure.

There is precessional movement of the poles as well. The cycle of circular movement of the poles caused by the "wobbling top" motion of the earth as it rotates. The full cycle takes thousands of years (22,000 ?) and is not the sort of thing one would notice without precise instruments.

The 800 pound gorilla in the room is "Nibiru" or "Wormwood". Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If i remember correctly there were 2 big earthquakes in the recent past that shifted the earth's axis, or maybe even more, there so many these days i lose count with all of them.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Can anyone confirm if a tilt would be more noticeable when observed at the Poles as against an observer at the Equator ? These tribes lead a repetitive and dangerous existence where observation is crucial to life and safety.
If you live in California you would never notice, not even give it a thought. So is their location crucial in this ?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
used to work morning shifts get up at 4 walk dogs always dark the sun would start rising at 4 30 ish getting light on the horizon was up early the other day 3.30 am was getting light on the horizon there is change but most don't notice or don't want to I trust the Inuit myself they are more intertwined with nature and is key to there survival now is this good or bad who knows nice post have seen on youtube and knew about but unable to do my own thread yet glad someone managed to post

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i cannot understand what is being said by the OP. perhaps if conversational english can be used, it would make more sense.

That is the reason why there are subtitles in the video.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
reply to post by Bedlam

Not only do I know what an ephemeris is, I also know that not only me but every human being that has ever lived, has scant understanding of the workings of the cosmos.

Ahem..an astronomical one, not the astrological one.

One's real, one's tripe.

If you can work an astronomical ephemeris, you'll instantly be aware that the earth's axial tilt hasn't changed, as the Sun and other stars will be in the right place and rise and set at the right times - so sorry Inuit secret knowledge, it isn't any different than it was 100 years ago.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Thanks OP,very interesting.

Something is definitely happening,thats for sure.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
If you can work an astronomical ephemeris, you'll instantly be aware that the earth's axial tilt hasn't changed, as the Sun and other stars will be in the right place and rise and set at the right times - so sorry Inuit secret knowledge, it isn't any different than it was 100 years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

The earthquake moved Honshu 2.4 m (8 ft) east and shifted the Earth on its axis by estimates of between 10 cm (4 in) and 25 cm (10 in).[26][27][28]

I think astrologers and astronomers use the same ephemeris. Maybe some astrology buff could clear that up.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is completely idiotic.

1) Thousands of astronomers around the world in many countries have very accurately calibrated telescopes that need to find stars in the sky down to fractions of a degree. If the earth's axis shifted even a minute amount, they would notice.

2) Thousands of amateur astronomers around the world have telescopes in their back yards which also need to find stars and track them. If the earth shifted its axis even slightly, they would notice and certainly make a BIG noise about it.

3) Times for sunrise and sunset down to the minute are posted all around the world for locations at very many latitudes. If the poles shifted, these times would all be wrong. No one has complained that they are wrong.

Moreover, I sincerely think many people have misunderstood what causes a magnetic reversal. There seems to be some confusion about this. It has nothing to do with the axis of the earth shifting and relates to the movement of the earth's *magnetic* field. This doesn't affect the time of sunrise and sunset anywhere. It doesn't change the axis of rotation of the earth. There's no reason to suppose that the earth will suddenly change its axis of rotation *ever*. We do know that historically the magnetic poles have switched at various times in a "sudden" way (it might actually take many years to happen, but that's nothing compared to how long it is between successive magnetic reversals). On the other hand, there is no reason to suspect there are any regular massive changes to the axis of the earth, and no mechanism even remotely sufficient to explain them if they did happen.

If people want to insist on posting totally ridiculous nonsense on ATS they should know what to expect.

Given that these threads have been debunked many, many times, it must be clear by now that this is nonsense. The fact that individuals keep posting them ad nauseum is grounds for a conspiracy theory in and of itself in my opinion. Why do people insist on posting this illogical nonsense? What is the motivation?

edit on 8-7-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing OP - S&F - talk about 'from the horses mouth' Perhaps when a glass of milk slides of the table or we start to design furniture on the diagonal - the debunkers will finally accept that this is for real!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

agree. I am pleased the Inuits have an extra hour with the seals, cause it does not appear there is much else to do there.
edit on 8-7-2011 by Krzyzmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

First we're freezing. then we're over heating, now we're supposed to be freezing again....

all the while in fact we are actually tilting.

How long is it gonna be before the UN starts telling people that being overweight is causing "climate tilt"?

I've kinda thought things have been off kilter for a good while. Sun not being "where its supposed to be" and various other things.

Oh well. Hold on tight kiddies. this is gonna get interesting.

We shall separate the predator from prey. I intend on being pretty high on the food chain myself.

sanf

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join