It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A WARNING from Inuit People: Sun Wrong, Stars Wrong, Earth Tilting On Axis!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by Arken

People can deny deny deny......change is real and it is coming/happening. Research everything that is going on with our Earth...its happening at an alarming rate.

I wanted to add this older article I was just reading!! I mean...just read again.....and it relates heavy.

www.rollingstone.com...
edit on 8-7-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

Change is going to occur faster and faster until the point when big change occurs . not sure if that makes sense but there is a word for the theory I can't think of.....About it cycling through faster and faster until what used to happen over 400 years will happen within 4 years...

Something like that.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i cannot understand what is being said by the OP. perhaps if conversational english can be used, it would make more sense.

Not that hard really? English is English.

They gave you subtitles to so you can read it. Reading English is Reading english. Weather in conversation form or just random words.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Mega Quakes have been proven to tilt the axis....I didn't come up with that.

Yes, but by a tiny, miniscule amount. Do you understand how small a few inches is in relation to the size of the Earth?

Imagine if something caused the Empire State Building to tilt by 0.01mm. Do you think anyone would notice? That's the sort of scale involved.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Mass wars....let me rephrase....NUKES.

People always worry about nukes. No. You could set off every nuke on the planet and you wouldn't change the axis of rotation. Not the least because you wouldn't have a torque couple - any nuke would apply radial force in a ground blast.

Mega Quakes have been proven to tilt the axis....I didn't come up with that.

Sure they do. And the one in Japan, a pretty nice sized one, moved the axis nearly 16cm! WOW! Would that be something that the Inuit would notice as the sun coming up over the wrong mountain or something? No. It's about a millionth of a degree.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
you people's reliance on technology will also be your downfall.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
you people's reliance on technology will also be your downfall.

Yeah, we can clearly see how you've rejected technology. I'm sure you're posting on ATS solely through the power of your mind.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Actually the Chilean earthquake and the Indonesian earthquake also caused a microscopic axial shift.

Chilean Earthquake Article

Newser) – The magnitude 8.8 earthquake that hit Chile may have actually shifted the Earth's axis, shortening the length of a day, a NASA scientist says. Moving hundreds of kilometers of rock changes the earth's distribution of mass, and, in turn, changes the planet's rate of rotation. In this case, the axis likely shifted by about 3 inches, shortening the day by about 1.26 microseconds. This is not the first, or only, time an earthquake has had such an impact, BusinessWeek notes. The magnitude 9.1 earthquake that generated the 2004 tsunami shortened the day by 6.8 microseconds. Changes near the epicenter of a quake are more perceptible: The island of Santa Maria, off the Chilean coast, may have been pushed upward by about 2 meters, scientists say.

Perhaps, like the lands near the epicenters of these quakes, the change in the geography is more noticeable. I'm not saying the entire earth shifted on its axis, but perhaps their land mass did, just like Santa Maria. 2 meters would produce a change in the sky. Not a huge "OMG we're all gonna die change", but a subtle one like the sun setting a few feet off where it used to.

Also, these people depend on their ancient knowledge to survive. They would be the first to note such changes, IMO, because their very lives depend on it.
edit on 8-7-2011 by tncryptogal because: clarified a statement.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Remember the film "The core" and how they used nukes to restart the core of the planet? Is it possible that they could be doing something similar, possibly using haarp or other technology triggering quakes to tilt the earth.

This would melt the artic ice, freeing up valuble resources for them...... Just a thought!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

They are absolutely right.
it would be unwise not to listen.

Thanks for the video.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by K31th75
Remember the film "The core" and how they used nukes to restart the core of the planet?

It was just shy of "What the @#$@ do we know" as the worst science in a movie of all time.

Seriously, you might look to "Plan 9 from Outer Space" as an informative science documentary as well, if you're thinking "The Core" depicted accurate physics.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Sorry, stars are where they should be. Epic fail on the Inuit's part there.

I don't know whats going on exactly no I.m not an astronomer. But I think you are wrong. The stars are different
this year.

I could have done with out that persons moaning in the background.
I wanted to scream, somebody please shoot him.

edit on 8-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tncryptogal
Perhaps, like the lands near the epicenters of these quakes, the change in the geography is more noticeable. I'm not saying the entire earth shifted on its axis, but perhaps their land mass did,

You are the first contributor that has applied a little lateral thinking! But I am not sure I agree that land mass movement alone can account for the observed changes.

The Innuit have noticed change, other contributors to the Thread have noticed change. The idea of change is ridiculed by the hard scientists in the Thread because members of their cohort have yet to publish anything about changes in the Earth's position or behaviour.

I have a problem with the assumption that as the changes are observed from the planet, the change/s must originate on/in the planet. It is as if the centuries of knowledge that Sol and not Earth sits at the centre of our Solar System, has been suspended by posters on this Thread!

I think it highly likely that the Universe herself is changing, that Earth is part of the change but not central to it; perhaps Sol has shifted! Perhaps the galaxy has shifted!
edit on 8/7/2011 by teapot because: correction

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Let's say a gallon of crude oil weighs 11 pounds.
Let's say we've pumped a trillion quadrillion gallons of crude oil from the planet and released it as heat when we burnt it.

What effect would it have on a spinning ball to remove so much mass from it?

Of course this spinning ball will be effected. ...and they say Humans are supposed to be an intelligent species....right.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
The Innuit have noticed change, other contributors to the Thread have noticed change. The idea of change is ridiculed by the hard scientists in the Thread because members of their cohort have yet to publish anything about changes in the Earth's position or behaviour.

Last I looked, moving something the size of the Earth takes a bit of energy, and has sort of devastating effects on the planet as well.

I have a problem with the assumption that as the changes are observed from the planet, the change/s must originate on/in the planet. It is as if the centuries of knowledge that Sol and not Earth sits at the centre of our Galaxy, has been suspended by posters on this Thread!

I hate to tell you this, but Sol doesn't sit at the center of the galaxy.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Shortly after Avatar comes out.. Tptb start using the inuit as the next unsuspecting pro Gore megaphoners lol. To all you who say the sun is setting elsewhere, may u suggest you do some data measuring if you haven't already? Til then, happy data filtering

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Let's say a gallon of crude oil weighs 11 pounds.
Let's say we've pumped a trillion quadrillion gallons of crude oil from the planet and released it as heat when we burnt it.

I hate to tell you this, but it didn't "vanish as heat". It became other chemical compounds. With the same mass.

What effect would it have on a spinning ball to remove so much mass from it?

It wasn't removed. It's still here. Here's YOU a question - even if it were removed, what is the total mass of all the oil burned in the last 200 years? What percentage of the Earth's mass is that?
edit on 8-7-2011 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Kudos to you MamaJ! Not only do I agree with much of the Rolling Stone article (thank you for posting the link), it is clear to me that there is a causal relationship between the Earth, every other element in the universe and Man and I think conditions on Earth do affect human behaviour!

Yes, mass migration in search of food and water is a historical reality that has not changed. Right now in Eastern Africa, just such a mass migration is in progress. The area has been hit by the worst drought in 60 years, people are starving with no hope of a harvest. Many are migrating to Kenya, one of Africa's richest nations that houses the largest refugee camp on Earth. Kenyan authorities are asking the world for relief to assist with providing succour to the refugees. When the resources arrive, there may well be well organised distribution to the needy but there may also just as well be greed, corruption and fighting for the lion's share.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join