It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A WARNING from Inuit People: Sun Wrong, Stars Wrong, Earth Tilting On Axis!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You are showing your character to be less understanding I can assure you.

You have no idea what our future holds and neither do I. All I do know is there are changes taking place and the changes are accelerating.

With that said, if changes were historic enough to cause Mega Quakes, Volcanic disruption and mass wars breaking out everywhere the Earth's axis can tilt enough to cause Extinction to some degree. I know this to be plausible and a reality. Look....anything can happen.

Like I said....I know the changes are Historic and I know what I have seen with my own eyes and what I hear going on globally. I do believe we are on the verge of change that may be so drastic we cannot even fathom.

Good luck to you and yours and I will maintain my research with diligence and yes....understanding as I am not a fear nut. I have children and I would love nothing more than to see them grow old.

Please with all respect I say this....use your words effectively and in a non offensive manner. This way we can communicate our differences without animosity.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by Bedlam

It's difficult to have a conversation with someone who is as full of himself as you seem to be.

Peace Out.
liw

It's called science. And observation. And at least a minimal understanding of the effects of axial tilt on what you observe in the sky.

You have to understand that the tilt is going to cause the sun to appear to set a bit farther north in some seasons, south in others, in a way that's totally predictable.

It also helps to understand that tilting the axis of the earth a few degrees suddenly would take a non-trivial percentage of the yearly output of the Sun in terms of energy, and it would cause the immediate death of pretty much everything, due to the total breakup of the planet's crust.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by Bedlam

It's difficult to have a conversation with someone who is as full of himself as you seem to be.

Peace Out.
liw

People just want to believe that the Earth is doomed and will not accept evidence if it doesn't support their doom predictions.

Typical comeback...stick your fingers in your ears and sing off key.

edit on 8/7/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have full sunshine all day long on my back porch which has never occurred before. I tried gardening back there several times but the max I ever got was 2-3 hours of direct light. Now I get direct light all day long. The sun is either much higher or much further north than it has been the last 10 years at this same time of year.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Not a case of hoping, but of knowing. It happend last year and the year before and the year before and ........ all the way back 4,700,000,000 years .....

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Incidenty, axial tilt IS declining every so very slowly - hence the decline in temperatures and the shift from the Holocene Climatic Optimum to the current cooler conditions. It will continue to do so for thousands of years.

But the effects are not noticeable within a human lifetime.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I have full sunshine all day long on my back porch which has never occurred before. I tried gardening back there several times but the max I ever got was 2-3 hours of direct light. Now I get direct light all day long. The sun is either much higher or much further north than it has been the last 10 years at this same time of year.

I like to work in the garden and I've noticed little changes too. Not only the sun seems to be off a bit but since last year different variety of weeds and wildflowers that I've not seen here before. We've lived here almost 10 years and I do most of the yard work so I notice these things.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If nothing is the same, how can we trust their judgment? What are they basing this on if it's never happened before? If it's all new, then the ideas are only conjecture.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think it is interesting that they said the wind (North) has now become East and has had that same impact on the tongue drifts. There was a thread (back in Feb/early March) about compass directions. Many people were seeing the compass point to East. I was one of those people. Granted, the compasses I used were toys for a child's party but they pointed East. At first I just figured "what do you expect at $1 piece!" but then when the post indicated others were seeing the same thing: but not all, it got more interesting to me.

Also, unless put up to it for some reason, I tend to believe Inuit in matters regarding their environment and star position, etc.

Good Find.
S&F

link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

I cannot imagine anyone wanting the Earth to be doomed. There is absolutely no logic with that statement at all. Having an intellectual conversation is easy if you try using your words in a non offensive manner.

Whether I want to live a long happy life or not....it is not up to me. I do not have all knowledge and neither do you. Think about this....we do not know exactly what is going on with our Oceans, Earths Core, with our Sun, and with the other Planets. We have not lived on this Earth long enough to document changes since its conception. We know very little and what we do know is based on what we think we know.

Methane is on the rise imho and we still know very little about our own Planets crust. It is all controversial to say the least. Why can we not share ideas without negative and poking statements that causes others to be defensive?

edit on 8-7-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

If you are so sure that the entire Astronomical community is covering up an axial shift of the Earth then get a sextant and measure the suns arc relative to the time & date.

I'm positive that if you can prove this that every astronomer (both amateur and professional) will be interested in your findings.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by Bedlam

With that said, if changes were historic enough to cause Mega Quakes, Volcanic disruption and mass wars breaking out everywhere the Earth's axis can tilt enough to cause Extinction to some degree. I know this to be plausible and a reality. Look....anything can happen.

Wow, a triple non-sequitur and a post hoc. While you can sort of relate earthquakes and vulcanism, mass wars really don't have a lot to do with the tilt of the Earth. Everyone could cut their neighbors throats and go dancing around in the streets licking the knives and dancing the funky chicken and the Earth's axial tilt wouldn't move a bit. Changing the tilt of a spinning body is physics, not feelings. In that sense, no, not just anything can happen. Or at least if it does, you're going to be able to predict ahead of time about how much energy that would take and what would happen to the Earth as a consequence. It's not the sort of thing you'd fail to notice.

Please with all respect I say this....use your words effectively and in a non offensive manner. This way we can communicate our differences without animosity.

Where have I been offensive, other than to say you're wrong, and that it's fairly easy to prove? If some car exhaust and an earthquake or three had somehow moved the earth's angle of tilt to the degree that the Sun was coming up 20 degrees to one side, you'd see it all over the world, and no ephemeris would be right. But they are. Even the old pre-chewed ones like Farmer's Almanac. Of course, if it had moved that much, we wouldn't be arguing the matter, because the crust of the earth would be ripped to bits and we'd all be long dead.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I am still getting used to this lead helmet.

Now I need photon seat belts.

This end of the world stuff...Is getting expensive.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
pls dont tell me the 2012 phenomena have not reached far out to this people

that will surely confirm 2012 as the best ever doomsday fever

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Mass wars....let me rephrase....NUKES.

Mega Quakes have been proven to tilt the axis....I didn't come up with that. The Magma from all the Volcanic activity is causing even more EQ's even as of late. I didn't come up with that notion either.

I am not arguing anything with you or anyone else.

Peace to you and yours.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by OccamAssassin

I cannot imagine anyone wanting the Earth to be doomed. There is absolutely no logic with that statement at all. Having an intellectual conversation is easy if you try using your words in a non offensive manner.

Whether I want to live a long happy life or not....it is not up to me. I do not have all knowledge and neither do you. Think about this....we do not know exactly what is going on with our Oceans, Earths Crust, with our Sun, and with the other Planets. We have not lived on this Earth long enough to document changes since its conception. We know very little and what we do know is based on what we think we know.

Methane is on the rise imho and we still know very little about our own Planets crust. It is all controversial to say the least. Why can we not share ideas without negative and poking statements that causes others to be defensive?

The OP topic was WRT the shifting of the Earth's axis.

You seem to be going off on your own little tangent every time someone points out that that the Earth's axis hasn't changed.

What part of this don't you understand?

If you go back to page one of this thread you will see that I mentioned that the perceived change in the setting of the sun from the Inuit's perspective "could" very well have been due to AGW.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Im sure you know that if the goverment knew they wouldnt tell you tupac shakur cause they killed tupac for one! and two! the mayan people already did the work for them! the mayan people based there culture and beliefs on the stars & they knew when change would happen also they say they were helped with gaining this knowledge. help from out of this world

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Has anyone thought about the shifting of tectonic plates since the earthquake in
Japan?
How far did Japan move?
I would add some links,but I'm cruising down the highway at 80 mph on my iPad.
And my wife is driving not me,god help me!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join