It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Epic Beard Man?? Well Meet EPIC BLACK (BEARD) MAN!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Michael Gaines was convicted of spitting on two deputies and sentenced to thirteen years in jail (13 years!!). He had something to say about it and i found it EPIC. Listen to the part where he speaks on officer diaz breaking Richards jaw and putting him on life support. Officer diaz is still free and at work, Gaines is serving 13 years for "allegedly" spitting.

"Oh you don't know who Richards is huh??"

edit on 7/7/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: "Oh you don't know who Richards is huh??"

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The police state of the USA is getting worse and worse..
How bad is it going to be in say 10 years?
We will probably have one world government by then..
Then we truly are bitches to the machine.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Dam that goes hard

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This occurred back in 2008. He was originally arrested for robbing a bank, and while in prison got 13 years added to his time for battery.

Now, I'm not sure what his reasoning was for spitting on the guards, but showing up in a courtroom like this just shows he's not ready to be let out. Not to mention, he's HIV positive, and while HIV is not transmitted through saliva, he could have had intent to transmit it to them.

Before I have an opinion about this, I wanna hear what the guards did to make him spit on them. There's always two sides to a story. Everyone really needs to stop being so quick to assume that the guards are corrupt/it was brutality, etc. This man seems very violent.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFake

This man seems very violent.

No he doesn't. He just seems very angry. He didn't threaten ANYBODY or even TRY to do harm to anyone in the courtroom. If you were getting sentenced to 13 years in prison for spitting you would be mad too.

Stop being so scared.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

What you fail to mention is that inmate micheal gaines is HIV positive and that he allready was in prison
And people always wonder why there so much hate against cops and the sorts.
one sided biased stories thats why.

An HIV-positive inmate was convicted of battery today for spitting on two deputies during a scuffle in the Sedgwick County Jail. A jury of seven women and five men convicted Michael Gaines on two counts of battery against a law enforcement officer. One former deputy involved in the incident testified Gaines’ spit hit him in the eye. The former deputy said he had to undergo treatments of antiviral drugs and six months of HIV testing to guard against the communicable and potentially deadly disease. Gaines, 50, who initially had been in jail on robbery charges, faces sentencing on this conviction at 1:30 p.m. July 17 before Judge Rebecca Pilshaw. Read more: blogs.kansas.com...

source
source
law.justia.com...
edit on 7/7/2011 by OnlyLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Yes, but who knows what would have happened had he not been wearing handcuffs?

And I'm not afraid to admit that I'd be scared of him. He seems like a very scary person.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrFake
This occurred back in 2008. He was originally arrested for robbing a bank, and while in prison got 13 years added to his time for battery.

Now, I'm not sure what his reasoning was for spitting on the guards, but showing up in a courtroom like this just shows he's not ready to be let out. Not to mention, he's HIV positive, and while HIV is not transmitted through saliva, he could have had intent to transmit it to them.

Before I have an opinion about this, I wanna hear what the guards did to make him spit on them. There's always two sides to a story. Everyone really needs to stop being so quick to assume that the guards are corrupt/it was brutality, etc. This man seems very violent.

First of all, you should be praising this guy. HE ROBBED A BANK!!! NOT A POOR FAMILY!! Hes just taking back the money they stole from us. If you wear in prison you would be acting the same way. The guy is blocked off, from society and locked in with a bunch of people that are to afraid to show love because they think its weakness. Its fear, it hate, its negative energy 24/7. Then you stand before a judge witch probably has broken more laws then you. The judge works for a corrupt system. I bet that guard had more then spit coming to him. He probably deserved to be beat. Have you ever been in prison? So what? You want him to pretend like he does not have those emotions? Just bottle them up because "your not supposed to act that way".
edit on 7-7-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnlyLove

What you fail to mention is that inmate micheal gaines is HIV positive and that he allready was in prison

An HIV-positive inmate was convicted of battery today for spitting on two deputies during a scuffle in the Sedgwick County Jail. A jury of seven women and five men convicted Michael Gaines on two counts of battery against a law enforcement officer. One former deputy involved in the incident testified Gaines’ spit hit him in the eye. The former deputy said he had to undergo treatments of antiviral drugs and six months of HIV testing to guard against the communicable and potentially deadly disease. Gaines, 50, who initially had been in jail on robbery charges, faces sentencing on this conviction at 1:30 p.m. July 17 before Judge Rebecca Pilshaw. Read more: blogs.kansas.com...

source
source
law.justia.com...

The guards fractured Richards jaw and put him on life support!! Spitting doesn't deserve 13 years. HIV is not passed through saliva.

6 months of HIV testing consists of two test. One original test and another test 6 months later. Stop sensationalizing the story.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

source
source
law.justia.com...

I have a story of my own. I got falsely accused of assault (i didn't even lay my hands on anyone, all i did was yell for 2 minutes and drive home). Cops showed up at my house to arrest me , i was beaten unconcious and was living on a liquid diet for a month. I was not resisting arrest, and i didn't even commit the crime in the first place. I addressed the officers with "sir" every time. simply saying yes, sir, and no , sir. when i said "what" in a stunned moment when they said i was under arrest, they just took me to the ground and choked me unconcious and beat me. I'm skinny, like 170 pounds, and i was sober at the time.

I hate cops because i have experienced it myself.
Anyone who thinks cops aren't grossly exaggerating their authority are living in a fantasy world.

Oh yeah, and im 27 next month with no prior criminal record (other than this, which is still ongoing)
edit on 7-7-2011 by donkeystyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The only thing epic about Michael Gaines in the video was his epic disrespect for the court during his sentencing.

OP, were you unaware that Michael Gaines is HIV positive? A rather important detail omission in relation to his sentencing.

From the Judge's blog...

Michael Gaines was convicted last month of Battery of a Law Enforcement Officer. During an altercation in the jail clinic he spit on two detention deputies. The officers were extremely concerned because Mr. Gaines is HIV positive.

When I gave Mr. Gaines his opportunity for allocution he was quite agitated, shouting and claiming that he was innocent and that he was attacked by "rogue" deputies. When he was done, as I began to talk to him, make my findings, he began shouting at me and started using some extremely foul language toward me. I won't repeat all of it but he did say that I am nothing but a "bitch in a robe." Nice. I honestly couldn't believe it. Here he was being accused of disrespecting authority and he starts in with the cussing and the insults. Then he started with the verbal attacks on Mr. O'Connor, the Deputy District Attorney. He called him many names, "maggot" is the only one I can type out here, also told him that he should have been still born.

Michael Gaines sentencing

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
LMAO! I love this video. I think I saw it once a long time ago but I'm glad you brought it up. Its kind of nice to watch somebody insult a judge and take a piss on their ego for once. Especially loved the gasp that came from the judge

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thats golden, I'm sensationalizing?

I will bother you no more, have fun

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Of course he disrespected the court, lol, that was the point. If you are in prison with rogue deputies that could beat, disrespect and starve you at will you would probably spit on them too. To receive 13 years for spitting on someone is absurd!!

I said it once and i will say it again...... HIV is not spread through saliva. STOP SESATIONALIZING THE STORY!!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by donkeystyle

source
source
law.justia.com...

I have a story of my own. I got falsely accused of assault (i didn't even lay my hands on anyone, all i did was yell for 2 minutes and drive home). Cops showed up at my house to arrest me , i was beaten unconcious and was living on a liquid diet for a month. I was not resisting arrest, and i didn't even commit the crime in the first place. I addressed the officers with "sir" every time. simply saying yes, sir, and no , sir. when i said "what" in a stunned moment when they said i was under arrest, they just took me to the ground and choked me unconcious and beat me. I'm skinny, like 170 pounds, and i was sober at the time.

I hate cops because i have experienced it myself.
Anyone who thinks cops aren't grossly exaggerating their authority are living in a fantasy world.

Oh yeah, and im 27 next month with no prior criminal record (other than this, which is still ongoing)
edit on 7-7-2011 by donkeystyle because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry that happened to you, I really am.
But it has nothing to do with this case.
This man is a criminal, you are not.

I'm not saying that cops can't go on a powertrip and beat the living daylights out of someone, cause history has proven otherwise.
What i disagreed with was the premise of said topic. It only involves one part of the story and builds on the belief that challenging any authorithy is "EPIC".

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I wonder if the stenographer typed all of that

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OnlyLove

You are entitled to your opinion but i am of the opinion that challenging authority is very epic (in the right situation). Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely!! Some people need to get off their high horse once in a while and be challenged.

If no one challenged authority America wouldn't be America (we were just a british colony once).

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The only thing epic was his stupidity.
Ah well, he's where he belongs and for an even longer time, life is good.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
The only thing epic was his stupidity.
Ah well, he's where he belongs and for an even longer time, life is good.

He belongs in prison for spitting on someone? So if spitting on someone gets you 13 years i wonder what you would get if you drove drunk and killed someone

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It's for spitting on someone while being HIV positive, there is a difference. I'm not gonna feel sorry for him in the least, and comparing apples to oranges never does work on here.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join