It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Epic Beard Man?? Well Meet EPIC BLACK (BEARD) MAN!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrFake
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Yes, but who knows what would have happened had he not been wearing handcuffs?

And I'm not afraid to admit that I'd be scared of him. He seems like a very scary person.

The prosecutor was taunting him, the judge laughed at him and sentenced him to 13 years, he was handcuffed and there were 2 armed guards behind him but somehow you are still "scared of him" through a computer screen.

This is the sad state of things today. Stop being so scared!! The man didn't even threaten anybody.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Casey Anthony killed her child
and only got 2 and some xchange!!!

This is an outrage 13 years for spitting?

Whats next 5 years if you flip one off!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

It's for spitting on someone while being HIV positive, there is a difference. I'm not gonna feel sorry for him in the least, and comparing apples to oranges never does work on here.

Can someone please explain what his "alleged" HIV status has to do with ANYTHING?? You can not contract HIV through saliva!! Please STOP SENSATIONALIZING THE STORY!!

HIV has nothing to do with this story.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
Casey Anthony killed her child
and only got 2 and some xchange!!!

This is an outrage 13 years for spitting?

Whats next 5 years if you flip one off!!!

I was reading a story on here yesterday where a man got sentenced to 15 years in prison for robbing a bank of $100 and he gave the money back the next day!!

This man spit on someone and got 2 years less

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

It's for spitting on someone while being HIV positive, there is a difference. I'm not gonna feel sorry for him in the least, and comparing apples to oranges never does work on here.

Can someone please explain what his "alleged" HIV status has to do with ANYTHING?? You can not contract HIV through saliva!! Please STOP SENSATIONALIZING THE STORY!!

It has alot to do with the story, and the only one sensationalizing it is you. He's scum and deserves to be where he is in my opinion. One way or another we are gonna end up supporting him, might as well be where innocent people aren't harmed.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I love how you hear the judge? saying tough guy?

who saying tough guy?

Cause I'm pretty damn sure the man is much tougher than ol' bench warmer.

Funny how they get offended when you don't bow before their pseudo god authority.

As if they almost seemed shocked when you don't bow and kiss their feet.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
First of all, you should be praising this guy. HE ROBBED A BANK!!! NOT A POOR FAMILY!! Hes just taking back the money they stole from us. If you wear in prison you would be acting the same way. The guy is blocked off, from society and locked in with a bunch of people that are to afraid to show love because they think its weakness. Its fear, it hate, its negative energy 24/7. Then you stand before a judge witch probably has broken more laws then you. The judge works for a corrupt system. I bet that guard had more then spit coming to him. He probably deserved to be beat. Have you ever been in prison? So what? You want him to pretend like he does not have those emotions? Just bottle them up because "your not supposed to act that way".
edit on 7-7-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

Praise him???? He robbed a bank! Exactly! The bank holds peoples' hard-earned money. My money is in the bank. Is yours? It's not his money to take. Stealing is a crime, and not one that should receive praise. That's absurd. And no, I've never been to prison. I'm a law-abiding citizen. Bottle up the emotions? Aww, is prison life difficult for the criminals? Good. They deserve it for having broken the law.

The prosecutor was taunting him, the judge laughed at him and sentenced him to 13 years, he was handcuffed and there were 2 armed guards behind him but somehow you are still "scared of him" through a computer screen.

This is the sad state of things today. Stop being so scared!! The man didn't even threaten anybody.

I said I would be scared of him, had I been there, and had he not been wearing handcuffs. Raising your voice is a sign of Anger. And anger = violence if it gets physical. They're very closely linked.Also, I don't see where the sentencing was in the video? Or where the taunting was? I heard the prosecutor defending himself against the inmate's accusations.

The guards fractured Richards jaw and put him on life support!! Spitting doesn't deserve 13 years. HIV is not passed through saliva.

Who's Richards? What did he do to the guards? Richards has nothing to do with this. The inmate was deflecting to a random story about what he claims was 'brutality'. It was not in any way related to his case, or his spitting. He wasn't defending Richards. Richards was another story.

And yes, HIV does not usually pass through saliva. Yet it could still be seen as intent to kill, if that's what the inmate was going for when he spit in his eye. It doesn't matter whether the method works. What matters is if it really was his intent to infect the guards. You're the one sensationalizing this story. Treating this man like a hero when he blatantly disrespected the judge and the court.
edit on 7-7-2011 by MrFake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Prophecy, you are incorrect. While exceptionally rare, under specific circumstance HIV can be transmitted through saliva...

HIV can be spread through casual contact with an HIV infected individual

One cannot become infected with HIV through day-to-day contact in social settings, schools, or in the workplace. One cannot be infected by shaking someone's hand, by hugging or "dry" kissing someone, by using the same toilet or drinking from the same glass as an HIV-infected person, or by being exposed to coughing or sneezing by an infected person. Saliva carries a negligible viral load, so even open-mouthed kissing is considered a low risk. However, if the infected partner or both of the performers have blood in their mouth due to cuts, open sores, or gum disease, the risk is higher. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has only recorded one case of possible HIV transmission through kissing (involving an HIV-infected man with significant gum disease and a sexual partner also with significant gum disease),and the Terence Higgins Trust says that this is essentially a no-risk situation.

Other interactions that could theoretically result in person-to-person transmission include caring for nose bleeds, biting, and home health care procedures, yet there are very few recorded incidents of transmission occurring in this way

Misconceptions about HIV and AIDS

from OnlyLove's previous post...

One former deputy involved in the incident testified Gaines’ spit hit him in the eye. The former deputy said he had to undergo treatments of antiviral drugs and six months of HIV testing to guard against the communicable and potentially deadly disease.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
That's the best impersonation of Samuel L. Jackson I have ever seen.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

It was the prosecution heard at the end, not the Judge. As the Judge is a woman (The honorable Rebecca Pilshaw) I'm sure Michael Gaines most likely is "tougher".

Regardless, it is respect for the institution, not the individual that is at the heart of the matter.

As far as Pseudo authority?

Depending on the nature and locale of the charge, the person on the bench holds the last word regarding you finances, freedom and in some places, your life.

Anyone walking into a superior courtroom on felony charges that doesn't take it seriously is a fool (in my opinion).

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFake

Who's Richards? What did he do to the guards? Richards has nothing to do with this. The inmate was deflecting to a random story about what he claims was 'brutality'. It was not in any way related to his case, or his spitting. He wasn't defending Richards. Richards was another story.

I could reverse what you typed, would i be right?

The guards say he spit on them, who saw this "assault"? Do you really think that this man tried to kill a prison guard by spitting on him? Really??

You honestly believe that this is justice? Honestly?

So if i choose to drink and then drive if caught i should be charged with attempted murder and if i kill someone i should get life right? I mean if you honestly believe this man tried to kill a guard by spitting on him and he deserves 13 years for it.

Some jobs explain themselves. He is a guard in a PRISON. Thats like working at a daycare and complaining about crying kids. Then beating the kids for crying.

I guess he was playing the "brutality" card right? You haven't even seen much less heard from his accusers but yet you insist this man is guilty and a liar.

WHY??

Is it because he is a prisoner? Its obvious you have no respect for this man (whom you do not know) and could care less what happens to him.
WHY

edit on 7/7/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Come to think of it, I bet the stenographer had a fun time typing all of that out...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Yet you have respect for this man (who you do not know). WHY??

Clearly, you've never heard about how there are AIDS patients who purposefully infect other people. Who's to say he wasn't one of them? I'm not saying spitting deserves 13 years. Quite honestly, I think 13 years is way overdoing it. I'm saying that if there was any intent to kill, he deserves 13 years. And there could have been. Who knows. You don't know what happened before this. I don't know either. And I think it's ridiculous that you would try to make a hero out of this man for "standing up to the system." All he did was disrespect a judge. That's hardly standing up to the system. If anything, it's just being really dumb and immature.
edit on 7-7-2011 by MrFake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Perfect words. When our system treats people like animals, we will turn into animals. If you threat people with respect you will get respect. People need to stop blaming each other for what the government does to them.

Peace to you.
edit on 8-7-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFake

You must work in a position of power. Am i right or wrong? I believe you have power over people in your everyday life and you are scared to death that one day one of these people might stand up to you. Just let me know if i am right or wrong. What do you do or have you done for work?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Now imagine all the righteous rage if the deputy had spit on the prisoner- all the comments about the police state, assaulting an innocent inmate and all the other nonsense coming from people who have never experienced a true police state.

But since it was a convicted bank robber spitting on a deputy it's all peachy keen.

How about shooting for everyone having respect enough for everyone else where nobody spits on anyone and when someone does then they are wrong for doing so.

Yeah.... and if rain were beer....

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

reply to post by MrFake

I could reverse what you typed, would i be right?

The guards say he spit on them, who saw this "assault"? Do you really think that this man tried to kill a prison guard by spitting on him? Really??

You honestly believe that this is justice? Honestly?

So if i choose to drink and then drive if caught i should be charged with attempted murder and if i kill someone i should get life right? I mean if you honestly believe this man tried to kill a guard by spitting on him and he deserves 13 years for it.

Some jobs explain themselves. He is a guard in a PRISON. Thats like working at a daycare and complaining about crying kids. Then beating the kids for crying.

I guess he was playing the "brutality" card right? You haven't even seen much less heard from his accusers but yet you insist this man is guilty and a liar.

WHY??

Is it because he is a prisoner? Its obvious you have no respect for this man (whom you do not know) and could care less what happens to him.
WHY

edit on 7/7/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: (no reason given)
As a victim of a drunk driver, yup. I'd be fine with attempted murder for the accident, and I'd be really o.k. with life if you killed someone while driving drunk. I ghuess a lack of personal responsibility doesn't mean anything to you?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

i believe you have my stance on this all wrong. I am saying "How can you get 13 years for spitting on someone when another person can serve 2 years for killing someone in a motor vehicle "accident" (HOMICIDE)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The only thing epic was his stupidity.
Ah well, he's where he belongs and for an even longer time, life is good.

He belongs in prison for spitting on someone? So if spitting on someone gets you 13 years i wonder what you would get if you drove drunk and killed someone

No, genius, he belongs in prison for robbery. He belongs in traction for spitting on someone and being a general d-bag.

As far as this spitting thing, you're the one sensationalizing here. Spitting on anyone for any reason can be, and was, charged as battery. Battery carries a penalty. It's that whole "personal responsibility" thing that some people can't seem to grasp.

Also, he is HIV positive, and he knows it. Intent was considered in this case. While the HIV virus is only present in minute quantities in saliva, it become large quantities if you bite into your cheek or tongue. We don't know that's what he did, but saying "HIV can't be transmitted by spitting" is ignorant.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Poor guy. Poor stupid guy. Anger is detrimental to your demeanor, you may do alot of stupid things when angry for one reason or another. This is all completely understandable, and i bet if any of you ppl that are so quick to judge him here, had been walking in his shoes, you might probably have done the same things, maybe even worse.

Point being, don´t be so quick to judge, unless you yourself have been in the same emotional/environmental situations as the one being judged. Which i bet most of you havent.

It´s always easier to judge than to understand.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join