It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phone Found at Bin Laden Compound with Links to Pakistan ISI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have not seen this covered on ATS so I thought I would add it to the record. Once again the bigger picture is ignored by the MSM. We have evidence that the ISI helped to fund the 9/11 hijackers and more than a few incriminating circumstances involving the CIA and the Pakistani ISI.

In assessing the alleged links between the terrorists and the ISI, it should be understood that Lt. General Ahmad as head of the ISI was a "US approved appointee". As head of the ISI since 1999, he was in liaison with his US counterparts in the CIA, the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) and the Pentagon. Also bear in mind that Pakistan's ISI remained throughout the entire post Cold War era until the present, the launch-pad for CIA covert operations in the Caucasus, Central Asia and the Balkans

The existence of an "ISI-Osama-Taliban axis" was a matter of public record. The links between the ISI and agencies of the US government including the CIA are also a matter of public record. The Bush Administration was fully cognizant of Lt. General Ahmad's role. In other words, rather than waging a campaign against international terrorism, the evidence would suggest that it is indirectly abetting international terrorism, using the Pakistani ISI as a "go-between".

The Bush Administration's links with Pakistan's ISI --including its "consultations" with General Ahmad in the week prior to September 11-- raise the issue of "complicity". While Ahmad was talking to US officials at the CIA and the Pentagon, ISI officials were allegedly also in contact with the September 11 terrorists.

The Atlantic Wire

The most compelling piece of evidence that the Pakistani government was complicit in the harboring of Osama bin Laden came today in a New York Times report about a cell phone recovered from Osama bin Laden's courier. The phone reveals contacts with Harakat-ul-Mujahadeen, a militant group established by Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence agency. Making matters worse for Pakistan, longtime affiliates with the ISI told the Times "they were convinced that the ISI played a part in sheltering Bin Laden." As it stands, Pakistan continues to deny any responsibility for providing a sanctuary to bin Laden in Abbottabad and already, the Harakat-ul-Mujahadeen is refuting the Times report, telling the BBC "Al-Qaeda had their own discipline, their own thinking, their own organisation. We have never ever been in touch with Osama." But as they continue to deny, the trail of connections continues to grow.

I really recommend you take a look at this link.
History Commons 9/11 Timeline

Around 8:00 a.m., on September 11, 2001, ISI Director Lt. Gen. Mahmood Ahmed is at a breakfast meeting at the Capitol with the chairmen of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees, Senator Bob Graham (D-FL) and Representative Porter Goss (R-FL), a 10-year veteran of the CIA’s clandestine operations wing. Also present at the meeting are Senator Jon Kyl (R-AZ) and the Pakistani ambassador to the US, Maleeha Lodhi, as well as other officials and aides. (Goss, Kyl, and Graham had just met with Pakistani President Pervez Mushrraf in Pakistan two weeks earlier (see August 28-30, 2001)). [Salon, 9/14/2001; Washington Post, 5/18/2002] Graham and Goss will later co-head the joint House-Senate investigation into the 9/11 attacks, which will focus on Saudi government involvement in the 9/11 attacks, but will say almost nothing about possible Pakistani government connections to al-Qaeda and the 9/11 attacks (see August 1-3, 2003 and December 11, 2002). [Washington Post, 7/11/2002] Note that Senator Graham should have been aware of a report made to his staff the previous month (see Early August 2001) that one of Mahmood’s subordinates had told a US undercover agent that the WTC would be destroyed. Some evidence suggests that Mahmood ordered that $100,000 be sent to hijacker Mohamed Atta (see October 7, 2001).
Pakistan's Demands - Graham will later say of the meeting: “We were talking about terrorism, specifically terrorism generated from Afghanistan.” The New York Times will report that bin Laden is specifically discussed. [Vero Beach Press Journal, 9/12/2001; Salon, 9/14/2001; New York Times, 6/3/2002] The US wants more support from Pakistan in its efforts to capture bin Laden. However, Mahmood says that unless the US lifts economic sanctions imposed on Pakistan and improves relations, Pakistan will not oppose the Taliban nor provide intelligence and military support to get bin Laden. He says, “If you need our help, you need to address our problems and lift US sanctions.” He also encourages the US to engage the Taliban diplomatically to get them to change, instead of isolating them. Pakistani journalist Ahmed Rashid will later comment, “It was absurd for Mahmood to insist now that the Americans engage with the Taliban, when [Pakistan’s] own influence over them was declining and al-Qaeda’s increasing.”
Meeting Interrupted by 9/11 Attacks - Zamir Akram, an accompanying Pakistani diplomat, leaves the room for a break. While outside, he sees a group of Congressional aides gathered around a television set. As Akram walks up to the TV, he sees the second plane crashing into the World Trade Center. He immediately runs back to the meeting to the tell the others. But even as he gets there, a congressional aide comes in to say that Capitol Hill is being evacuated. The aide says, “There is a plane headed this way.” Mahmood and the rest of the Pakistani delegation immediately leave and attempt to return to the Pakistani embassy. But they are stuck in traffic for three hours before they get there.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
We knew there were links anyway.

The CSI gave the ISI $100k for one of the twin towers bombers didn't they?

is the ISI just the patsy tho and this is a fake smoking gun to get them into pakistan...

randomly, I once worked with an ex-general from the Pakistani army, his English is what we Brit's call 'The Queens English'; it was obvious who had trained him and who his real masters were! (his wife made a mean curry too)

He also told me Pakistan have lots and lots and lots of nuclear weapons!

But in complete constrast, some pakistani kids I went to school with came back F####D UP from 'training camps' in their teens and one lad even told an ex-girlfriend of mine about the coming Jihad, and that she and her white friends would be his 'bitches'!

to be honest, regardless of the cia, isi or even the taliban being behind it, i can't actually blame the people really.... there are a hell of a lot of thick, pig headed, racist people in England (i went to school with a few of these too) who have been horrible to people from that part of the world.

Reap/Sew?

edit on 6-7-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There are at least two other threads about this incriminating cell phone.

In - Breaking alternative news
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In - War on Terrorism
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The ones I read did not connect the dots with 9/11. Did I overlook something?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What I am trying to point out is that the evidence of an ISI connection on the courier's cell phone and the fact that bin laden was living next to a Pakistani military base supports the idea that bin laden was created, controlled and protected and finally killed by the CIA and the ISI. In fact the word "al queda" was the creation of the CIA.

The ISI were originally responsible for organizing the mujahedin resistance during the Soviet Afghanistan war. So from the very beginning bin Laden was an ISI/CIA asset and apparently till the very end of his life he remained an asset.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I'm not holding my breath that most MSM reports on this will look any further into the ISI-CIA relationship.From what I understand the ISI won't do anything without the Agency's permission.It was not just in their interest alone to harbor Bin Laden.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If for years & years the U.S. had a puppet govt. in Pakistan do you really think the ISI would be acting on their own?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
More proof Islamabad should be cut off from all Federal funding as they are so not our friend or ally but have circumventing us every step of the way.

A Lt. Mahmood Ahkmed Director of The Pakistani ISI did meet in Washington, DC on or about Sept 09 2011 with Saeed Sheikh and ordered him to send Mohammad Atta $100,000!

The CIA, ISI and TPTB knew that 9/11 would happen and all involved paved the way for it which more then proves both The CIA and ISI were in complete unison in protecting bin Ladin at any cost.

s3.amazonaws.com...

Still think that al Qaida is real?
edit on 12-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The US is slowly and Deliberately working it's way to Attack Pakistan Somehow,

Allegedly Found Bin Laden,

Allegedly Found Connections and Links,

Halted 'Funding' and 'Support'

Little By Little

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Little By Little

There will not be war with Pakistan as remember, we won't dare challenge another nation who is NUCLEAR HOT!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Little By Little

There will not be war with Pakistan as remember, we won't dare challenge another nation who is NUCLEAR HOT!

The US Doesn't Engage in 'War' they conduct 'Humanitarian Missions'

I'm not saying they want to commence war with Pakistan, i'm saying they are making it easier on the US to attack if needed

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

I wonder if the CIA subcontracted to the ISI who subcontracted to Afganstan rebels.

Expensive battle chasing down 3rd world warriors for an inside job and subcontracted patsies. I am wondering if anybody blames american security agents for causing the big three auto makers collaspe and the economic domino effect whichs now has put america in a financial recession because of fighting this Afgan terrorist/Sadam Insane war on terror?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Not that the worlds economy didnt need a dumping of false reports, and fake accounts and crooked stock traders, bankers and few politicians and friends. The big three auto makers have been financing their the need for competitive overstocking new vehicles the market doesnt demand.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantpolitician

i think america is faking the money thing so they can buy up greece, portugal and ireland...

top topics

join