It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey Anthony Guilty of... lying... watching live The trial

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Another theory that I thought about:

Casey made the chloroform, and had used it previously. She found it wore off in a time not suitable to meet her needs, so she used duct tape to tape a paper towel or napkins, perhaps the toilet paper- to Caylee's face to prolong the exposure to the chloroform.

Instead, she overdosed her, and she died. This would explain the reasoning that there was no DNA or flesh left on the duct tape (aside from weather exposure) along with the odd way of the taping.

To me, the way the taping was suggested to have been done suggested it was holding something in place, not to smother. Just an intuition, or whatever you choose to call it.

Just something I considered.

Keep in mind also, that though the jury found her not guilty, they admitted they felt she probably was. If perhaps one person had held out for a hung jury, this could have been tried in a different manner and had a different outcome. The prosecution would most likely have come at it from a different angle, perhaps even changed to charges to make it less definitive than what is required for a death penalty case.

Also, reasonable doubt is just that. What one person may consider reasonable, another may not. I think this had much to do with the jury selection, which in itself is a science. There are entire teams that research jury selection, and rest assured, they were utilized by the defense in this case. This does not make it a bad jury, just one that would be more apt to move in ways the defense desired.

Jury selection, though a two way steet, could have well worked for the defense, even when the prosecution was doing the choosing. If the prosecution was looking for one particular attribute, the defense was looking for another, and unbeknownst to the prosecution they could have easily played into what the defense was desiring and looking for.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Prosecution couldn't change the charges. That was the investigators, if anyone with any sense picked the charges they would have stacked them a lot higher and thrown in obstruction of justice, improper disposal of a body, all kinds of weird charges.

I don't know about that duct tape theory though, as Casey isn't ignorant and she would know duct taping a cloth or paper towel to her daughters face would smother her.

I really think the girl died in a hot car (or something of that nature, but for some reason I really think that's what happened with some reason behind it). No chloroform was ever made.
edit on 31-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The District Attorney chooses the charges, and gets the indictment for the trial. If they had had a hung jury, he could have re-indicted her and proceeded with different charges, as you said, improper disposal of a corpse, failure to report a death or concealing a death, or a whole list of other things that could have gotten her some serious years in prison. I think it is simply that none of the jurors thought to even consider a hung jury, it probably never crossed one of their minds, again, reverting back to jury selection. (Have you ever been a victim of a crime? Have you ever been arrested for a crime or convicted of a crime? etc)

The prosecutor got angry that he couldn't get a confession or plea deal out of her, and then he got greedy. He overcharged her for what he had evidence for. Stacking charges is routine, and they do it in hopes that out of 20 things they throw at the wall, at least some of them will stick, but he didn't stack enough or it was pled down to minimal charges before the trial. (I didn't keep up with all the pre-trial hearings)

They knew they had her on the lying, am I mistaken that she is even appealing that charge? Or is it one they heard before she left the jail?

I do blame the prosecution, because they overreached their evidence.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Speaking of the Son of Sam Laws...

July 29th was the 35th anniversary of the first Son-of-Sam murders. Here is part 6... but you really do need to watch them all to grasp the transformation this man has made. I chose to share part 6 because he mentions being contacted by the father of Rachel who died at Columbine. He was looking for answers would be my guess.

Part 6 of 6...

edit on 31-7-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Sounds like a plausible possibility to me.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Neopan100

Why do you guys not get this?
Just because there was a body there, just because there was decomposition doesn't mean murder.

Care to comment on the duct tape angle?

I've always believed that parental negligence to some degree played a role in Caylee's tragic death. I just finished watching a movie the other day that got into body prep before an open casket funeral. Did you know that they tie your mouth shut???

Read GogoVicMorrow's theory...

Although this isn't my theory... Gogo's scenario could certainly explain the tape.
edit on 31-7-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by shushu

Yep, most people don't know that the mouth not only hangs open but sticks that way. They glue it shut in funeral homes and sometimes the mouths can be so difficult they have to wire them shut through the gums then glue the lips.

It would make complete sense, I mean if people could stop thinking of her as a monster for one second and think what if she actually loved her kid wouldn't it make complete sense that she would want to keep bugs out, or cover that dead gaped expression.

I think the bigger story is how our world has turned into stephen kings the running man with an entire multimillion (billion?) dollar network attacking one person and making it impossible for her to live safely in her country. It's insane this is that horrible future that so many authors wrote about.
edit on 31-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I really believe your theory makes more sense than the one the prosecution came up with.
Some people just have a very imaginative imagination, the only chloroform that was ever found was on the computer, and they even managed to mess that up claiming it had been searched over 84 times, when it was only once, I believe. These people should of really looked over their case, it was a mess. If they would of actually taken the time, and effort into this case they would of really found out what happen. It doesn't help the fact that they tried to force a confession or a plea deal out of her. Seriously, the police force and prosecution are a bunch of clowns. My dog could of done a better job than they did.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by celimonster

Thank you and yeah for some reason the car explanation really works for me. It would explain the desperation for getting the gas can (breaking into the building) and also the motivation for hiding the body. Also the defense would have to make up another story because had they told this then she would have been convicted on the neglect charge.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

It really makes more sense if you really think about it. I do think her father had a part in convincing Casey not to go to the police. Why else would the man try to kill himself? Guilt is one hell of a trip.

top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join