It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Inca Ruins to See (That Aren’t Machu Picchu): [Makes me re-think Alien Interventions]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
S & F Anon!
As usual, my friend...

This is mi contribution to your amazing thread.

Someone said "Giants"?

The Atacama Giant,

An "Alien figure" of 100 meters, carved on the top of a hill, right in the middle of the most dry desert of the world.

The builder?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I was wondering when we would see you again. Good to see you.

Now dam it. You just had to put that up and get me going back towards the whole Aliens thing.

I am working on that and others in the area. Right now, I have been beaten to the point that the people's of that time and region must have conqured flight.. by hot air balloons. Yep. I said it...

I have to. Only because there is more evidence that Mad built these things and shaved off complete mountain tops... for RUNWAY appearing tracks. (here I go.... a feet more inches to the Alien/UFO side....)

I have to be on this side of belief until something in the form of actual eveidence of UFO/Alien contact. As of know, there is nothing that I have seen that could NOT have been done by a human... with lots of patience..

To add to your post:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a870d504b7bf.jpg[/atsimg]

The Atacama Giant (Spanish: Gigante de Atacama) is a large anthropomorphic geoglyph in the Atacama Desert, Chile. Located at "Cerro Unitas", this is the largest prehistoric anthropomorphic figure in the world with a height of 86 metres (282 ft) and represents a deity for the local inhabitants from 1000 to 1400 CE. The figure was an early astronomical calendar for knowing where the moon would set; by knowing this the day, crop cycle, and season could be determined. The points on the top and side of the head would say what season it would be depending on their alignment with the moon, which was very important in determining when the rainy season would come in the barren Atacama

edit on 7/7/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Those drawings are completely subjective. In fact most anything created by the ancient people is very subjective. Remember the gold airplane pin or whatever it is? Turn it on it's side, looks like a monkey in a dress to me. I think it is more likely that the ancient people in Peru created a pin of a monkey in a dress than a pin to display their jet aircraft....

Same goes for the drawings in the dirt. These are drawings in the dirt.. Find the ancient with the best eyesite, stick a straight stick in the dirt and map out your silly sand drawing.

I give credit where credit is due. Some of the art is fascinating and pretty. Some of the structures were built in amazing ways, we notice them because the thousands of crappy dwellings are gone. There are some amazing things but stating a humanoid drawing is an alien is insane. It's a drawing in the dirt.

edit on 7-7-2011 by etombo because: java error

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by etombo

It's a drawing in the dirt

I thought you were going to get credit where credit is due? If anything, some people put a lot of effort into those drawings in the dirt.

Pretty crazy and/or amazing in itself-IMO.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I did. Some of it is interesting and pretty. However, it is a drawing in the dirt. You know that we put a remote controlled rover on mars right? They surveyed the land and made neat drawings in the dirt. These were artists, not prophets talking to people in the future.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
what i don't understand about these calenders built with tons of huge rocks by the masses to tell them what is going on. doesn't seem to make sense, stonehenge etc,

also all these wonderful cities built with local labor over years and years.

it seems to me that the local population would be very educated to do it efficiently. highly trained in alot of disciplines.

not some backwoods farmer class waiting for planting season at the local sun dial.
(seems like they could have made more portable ones, imo)

or just some high priest class running the show.

same with the pyramids.

education had to have been ongoing and at a high level. not a few people running the operation with a bunch of strong backs, although you would need them too.

rome wasn't built in a day as they say.

i realize these people were not stupid primitives but how prevalent were their education systems, schools, etc
at the human level if the AA didn't do the heavy lifting?

so i'm not sure if they had help or lost tech.

we moderns build with planned obsolescence in mind. they seemed to build with eternity in mind.

sorry if i strayed, losing the train of thought now.

look what we do now, we make tech so anyone can make a cell phone, mostly machines do it.

back in the day, you had people soldering circuit boards by hand, lol, i tried out for a job at HP but was rejected for assembly line work by HR.

anyone see where i'm going with this?

there had to be something going on back then when these places were conceived, planned and executed for the continuity of hundreds of years.

not a one shot deal, build it and forget it.

great pics and discussion going on here!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by etombo

Stating the "largest prehistoric anthropomorphic figure in the world with a height of 86 metres (282 ft)" is just a "drawing in the dirt" is laughable. Putting aside the tremendous work that went into it, it functions as a calendar.

So I suppose Machu Picchu is just a pile of rocks then?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by etombo

These were artists, not prophets talking to people in the future.

Well, I definitely can not agree with that statement. Nope. More than artistry.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I am not taking anything from these people. There are all of these interventionist who postulate that building a long standing structure or artwork in the dirt is somehow outside the realm of these ancient people. I am only saying that what they are creating is humanly possible. Also I am not simply saying these are piles of rocks. They are strategically placed rocks that form a structure that lasts over time, again, something that is not outside the capacity of ancient people. What about the great wall of China? Why are people not saying aliens built that or helped to build that structure? If anything I am being more respectful of the intelligence of ancient people.
edit on 8-7-2011 by etombo because: Typos

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by etombo

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner. I got you

and agree with you.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join