It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Inca Ruins to See (That Aren’t Machu Picchu): [Makes me re-think Alien Interventions]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Receently, I did a thread on Yale having to return over 5,000 artifacts that they had in their possession from Machu Picchu. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have seen a few threads about possible Alien Intervention/design/techniquese etc. I admittedly have travel down the Alien Did It path myself. Hoping, or rather figuring, that there is NO WAY simple tribal people built Machu Picchu and that it had special meaning or a special purpose.

Anyway, I started to fall in love with the Central and South America histories. As I started looking into the Incas I realized they were one heck of a race... with or without alien intervention. I found this National Geographic photo spread on sites in the area that are not the famous Machu Picchu. As I looked at these, I realized.... Well, Lets take a look at the pics and see what you think to. We'll discuss.

Not long ago, Machu Picchu was voted one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, a result that will surprise none of the millions of people who’ve visited the spectacular stone citadel in the sky. What most visitors to Peru don’t know, however, is that the country is thick with ancient Inca wonders.

Sacsahuaman
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd8f44600884.jpg[/atsimg]
(Notice the man in the lower left....)

Arguably the greatest Inca ruin outside of Machu Picchu, this gargantuan complex overlooks the city of Cusco. Sacsahuaman is believed to have once been a royal retreat, a fortress, or both. Its zigzag walls are built with some of the largest stones to be found in Inca masonry; some are estimated to weigh as much as 300 tons, yet are fit together as tightly as the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e34d984d207b.jpg[/atsimg]

Pisac
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97f5fc99adbf.jpg[/atsimg]

These ruins, overlooking the Urubamba River less than an hour northeast of Cusco, are notable for their Inca waterworks and beautiful, curving agricultural terraces, which offer excellent vistas of the Sacred Valley. The religious buildings in particular are as finely made as those at Machu Picchu, and the site features one of Peru’s only remaining intihuatanas, enigmatic carved rocks that were used for astronomical observation.

IntihuatanasSource: www.lost-civilizations.net...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c76e193ff5b.jpg[/atsimg]

Intihuatana, the hitching post of the sun, is possibly the last remaining seasonal sun dials in Peru. The rest were destroyed by the Spaniards, who as Catholics, found them to be paganistic.

Ollantaytambo
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d2d43b41d7f.jpg[/atsimg]

In 1536, this settlement was the site of the Inca's greatest military victory over the invading Spaniards. Today, it is one of the only towns in Peru that retains its original Inca walls and street grid, dominated by long, ancient stone walls that once divided groups of homes around communal courtyards. An imposing set of stone terraces (from which the Inca assaulted their Spanish invaders with slingshots and arrows), capped by six enigmatic slabs of pink granite, looms above the town.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/084714b95dd1.jpg[/atsimg]
Ollantaytambo-statue

Tipon

The Inca were brilliant engineers who strove to integrate their architecture with its natural surroundings. Tipon, a 500-acre site built around a spring near Cusco, has been called their masterpiece of water management. Because the waterworks were constructed as part of a country estate for Inca nobility, Tipon has beautiful stone structures akin to those at Machu Picchu, built in the imperial Inca style, with trapezoidal doors, and serviced by finely cut stone fountains.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db26fb28fc54.jpg[/atsimg]

This picturesque set of terraces, long stairways and stone canals is located 20 km south of the city. Evidence suggests that Tipon was part of a royal hacienda belonging to Inca Yahuar Huaca, as well as a place of worship and agricultural research. An outstanding is the sense of harmony in the channeling of water via stone structures including aqueducts (some of which are underground), waterfalls and gullies, indicating the Incas' knowledge of hydraulics.

Source: travel.nationalgeographic.com...#/sacsayhuaman-peru_36097_600x450.jpg

You can go to the main link for additonal info and pics. Well, after seeing these, you begin to realize what a people the Inca's were. They appeared to be able to make stones/rocks useable like we do Wood. Just amazing.

I can see why people can believe in the Alien help angle. Look at the way the peoples lived back then and then try to justify these structures etc. I just can't do it. However, there is more evidence to show that these people did all the work than there is of ALiens having hand in the construction.

We can't find a single bolt/nut/screw (or an alien equivelent), much less a piece of alien machinery. They must have been one clean outfit. What did the people fear to build so high up?

Well, I hope you see, as I did, there is a heck of a lot more to the Incas/Peru than we are told in class/school.
edit on 7/5/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Maybe they feared a flood?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Fascinating stuff. Thanks for the hard work you put into this.

I've recently started watching The HIstory Channel's Ancient Aliens series. Your post ties in very nicely.

Lost history always makes one humble. There is obviously so much more to these sites, as well as so many others across the globe.

Really makes you wonder what they knew and how they (we?) lost all this knowledge? Where did this knowledge come from or how did it evolve and then fade away?

With time, let's hope more mysteries will get unraveled. The final answer must be a total mind-bender.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My wife and I visited these site a few years ago and I was impressed beyond expression. We had a very verbal and knowledgeable tour guide and I asked how those big rocks were moved by simple technology. He looked at me blankly and answered, "they had a lot of patience". He was in fact a local Indian, an Aztec, a nice guy but had no clue how these things were constructed.

Quite frankly, the size is so larg, even modern equipment could not move some of the rocks considering where they were quarried and moved from. I walked roads that were put down by the Indians originally and they were still in fine shape after hundreds of years. I tend to agree, some outside help was needed here or at least knowledge that is lost today.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Very interesting.
I can't help but think It's as though we have been at this technological level in the past (ok no computers and Internet) then something happened and we started over again.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

yes i agree , why is it that people do not give our ancient ancestors credit for building these structures.
just because we can not imagine how it was done does not mean that they had to have some alien intervention.

stone is very durable and would last far longer than any other building material and even if they had some kind of machines to help them , they would have rusted away long long ago

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

I agree but (to play Devil's advocate) when you look around the world and add up all the other "amazing" structures and you have to wonder---is there another theory that should be considered.

Heck, someone posted on another thread about the stones not being as heavy back then -pre Big Flood days-therefore, they were easier to manipulate. Hmmmm. Nawwww

Did you see the one item under the one pic?

An outstanding is the sense of harmony in the channeling of water via stone structures including aqueducts (some of which are underground), waterfalls and gullies, indicating the Incas' knowledge of hydraulics

Hard to believe from people who reportedly lived in the Jungle/woods mostly. That got wiped out by a far less superior force (in numbers)-the Spainish. But, they could build like nobodys business. Maybe then should have devoted some of the Rock Mastering years on Warfare Prep & Medicine? Just saying.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

S & F

There have been quite a few threads already done on the better known Ancient South American Cultures. I'm glad you share my interests in the lesser known/discussed older ones. Many predate the well known locations by a few thousand years. The following story and images makes me wonder what else is buried under the surrounding deserts/hills.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/495f32fe8ba9.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f84316da2487.jpg[/atsimg]
Pre-Inca Observatory Is Oldest in Americas, Study Says

A mysterious set of monuments in Peru make up the oldest solar observatory in the Americas, according to a new study. The 2,300-year-old Thirteen Towers of Chankillo were used for marking the sun's position throughout the year—an activity that was part of the sun-worshipping culture of the Inca, the study authors said. The large stone towers are arranged in a line along a ridge near Chankillo, a walled hilltop ruin north of Lima.

I think to try to put this entire location into a proper historical perspective one should look back at the Pre-Inca cultures. They were the Incas and others genesis and were pretty amazing builders and engineers themselves. I feel there is a wonderful history/mystery still yet to be discovered/unraveled
Caral

History
Caral was inhabited between roughly 2600 BCE and 2000 BCE, enclosing an area of 66 hectares.[2] Caral was described by its excavators as the oldest urban center in the Americas, a claim that was later challenged as other ancient sites were found nearby. Accommodating more than 3,000 inhabitants, it is the best studied and one of the largest Norte Chico sites known.

Norte Chico civilization

The radiocarbon work of Jonathan Haas et al., found that 10 of 95 samples taken in the Pativilca and Fortaleza areas dated from before 3500 BC; the oldest, dating from 9210 BC, provides "limited indication" of human settlement during the Pre-Columbian Early Archaic era.

I decided to add three videos on Caral. What hasn't been determined yet is their genetic make up.
Stay tuned.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
My wife and I visited these site a few years ago and I was impressed beyond expression. We had a very verbal and knowledgeable tour guide and I asked how those big rocks were moved by simple technology. He looked at me blankly and answered, "they had a lot of patience". He was in fact a local Indian, an Aztec, a nice guy but had no clue how these things were constructed.

Quite frankly, the size is so larg, even modern equipment could not move some of the rocks considering where they were quarried and moved from. I walked roads that were put down by the Indians originally and they were still in fine shape after hundreds of years. I tend to agree, some outside help was needed here or at least knowledge that is lost today.

I think his blank look tells more than you give credit for...
his answer should have told you the obvious lol...

I read somewhere that there exists in South America a plant that possesses the quality to turn rock it a malleable form for a brief time, Could that have been used to create these wonders?

It would explain the smooth surfaces at any rate, even allow local loosely strewn boulders to be formed to fit one another.

Indeed, using this method would require a lot of patience.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I'm not trying to be rude but could you possibly be confused? Because that's the equivalent of saying,

" I went to visit the Great Egyptian Pyramids at the Giza Plateau and a
local man [A Sumerian] said...
"

There were no "Aztec" in Peru. The Aztec were a Central American people. The Inca on the other hand are from South America. Each being very unique.

Just keeping it real is all....

edit on 5-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you.

Don't you just love this stuff. I forgot about the cut mountain tops for the Sun watching. I saw it once before.

Yes, I am trying to learn more about the build up of these type of civilizations. For example, the one ex-text in my OP indicates they thought 20,000 men/crew worked 50 years. Hmmm Okay but when you look at the logistics behind the supporting of those 20,000 it gets mind-boggling. From Food, Waste, Medical, Families, Illnesses and just daily living it is hard to believe they devoted so much time, effort and resources into these stuctures- for what purpose(s)-we'll probably never know. We're talking about 100,000+ Easy.

And, they were waging wars or securing their borders and etc etc etc. Just amazing.

I want to find a time line of everything being built around the world (as we have come to understand it).

Glad you liked the thread. Yes, my intent was to get away from the more famous sites for the Inca's and others. So much to be learned and discussed.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

You've chosen some excellent images to highlight the OP and it's good to read about someone shifting their view slightly. It seems that we usually nail our colours to the mast and defend the flag till the death. I've done it a few times...and more to come.

The big projects seem to distract from the bigger picture. We're all seeing pyramids and stone structures and struggling to see past them.

Across Europe there are thousands of miles of dry-stone walls covering fields and pastures created by us. Sites like Petra or even Athens are accepted as being human-built. Incredible structures like the Basilica China's Grand Canal (1100 miles long) are just...meh. #

It's too easy to overlook how much labour, infrastructure and bloody-minded determination were involved in building roads, canals and cities. Nobody attributes those achievements to ancient astronauts or aliens and they shifted more dirt, quarried more rock and farmed more land than for any of the big structures.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

You know what? I hadn't thought of that.

Maybe the weather conditions back then was totally different and what we preceive as "high in the mountains" maybe was just high enough back then... to escape death or deadly floods.

Again, I find myself-checking myself as I tend to view the peoples from the past living in what we know as the world now.

Star.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
That is pretty amazing. Amazing in design more than an achievement in labor. I just took out over 300 square feet of concrete from my backyard. A little leverage, patience, and hard work will do the job. There is no doubt that ancient people can move around some rocks. I think that is where some people get stuck. I think it is more impressive the aesthetic quality of this type of work they have completed. I can manually remove a patio but probably lack the ability to create something so beautiful and functional at the same time. I have never seen these photos, thanks!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It seems from what I learn from these sites that there was a large population that had no problem what so ever conceptualizing ,and executing these stupendous stone works

What we can't figure out how to do they did as a matter of routine . I wish we could be like this again,what happened?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Very cool!
There's a couple of things I read here that I'd like to explain (as a S.american)
1) They were NOT "jungle tribal people" like the tribes settled deep in the Amazonas, the Incas, The Aztecas, The Mayas and Olmecas all were very civilized empires, like those of greece and egipt, it's a common misconception that they were the typical "indians"
2) When the Aborigin Genocide started, the most cruel weapon, (besides gunpowder) was the COMMON FLU which didn't exist previously in America and which OBLITERATED the original population until they were not able to fight anymore.
If Americans would have had inmunological defenses against the Flu, the spaniards would have probably failed in their conquest efforts.... We'll never know...

Great post! S & F!

Drakus

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well i Do like learning on ATS

S&F

A few intresting points came up there...

Any chance they were hiding as most of the Natives of south amaerica have a very similar creation story involving a huge flood and escaping from this, could they be building up high to prevent being caught out again? learning from there mistakes?

Also, people keep saying mad things about how modern technology couldnt lift or move certain stones now,
this is a mad and crazy statement, there are some cranes for ocean based, 7500t Full Revolving Floating Crane it lifts 7500 tons, Floating crane Yoshida can lift 3500 tons both on water!! so if we put this in perspective, we can lift these blocks if we wanted too!!

i would love to see someone try to undertake building a replica of somthing like the great pyramids or ancient sites with people and natural resources, to prove it would be sooo difficult, the will of man is a powerful thing, and kings/emperors etc. commanded this will, i wouldnt underestimatethe ingenuity of these people, for example, with enough logs you could build a crane, it may not be easy but it is do-able.... just saying.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

He was in fact a local Indian, an Aztec, a nice guy but had no clue how these things were constructed.

Sorry brother, there are no aztecs in Peru or Bolivia, you must be talking about a Quechua, or maybe an Aymara.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Nice job. Hey, maybe you want to take a look these 2 threads I made :

"INTIHUATANA - Where the sun is tied"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Machu Picchu’s centenary celebration is Next Week"

Other related threads here :

Tomb of a Wari noble found, may be as important as the Lord of Sipan.

The Legend of The Keros (Queros).

The leyend of the "Pururaucas" - The Stone Warriors.

Hope you like them

edit on 5-7-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

Any chance they were hiding as most of the Natives of south amaerica have a very similar creation story involving a huge flood and escaping from this, could they be building up high to prevent being caught out again? learning from there mistakes?

While I believe there are tales of great floods in the american mythology, I think that the prime factor is the relation that this cultures believed to have with the sky and the "star people" as they called the visitors from space in their ancient tales.
I don't pretend to know the accuracy of these tales so I won't claim that they indeed had contact with extraterrestrial civilizations, I really don't know.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join