It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Conspiracy Nuts" are not as "nuts" as you think. Actually, they are probably smarter than you a

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Its a blatantly obvious fact to point out that "conspiracy theorists" have a keener awareness of what is going on around them. Just by the simple fact that they "question" their reality. Sure, they may not always be right, but their mentality is constantly evolving, discarding false information, and absorbing observable truth.

Sure, you may laugh, point, and snicker, but that is only because you have been brainwashed by the media into wanting to fit in, and you do so by joining in the fray, kicking the downed man so you yourself dont get trampled.

There is a thread that was recently closed called "When ATS goes too far" and i think that thread is a load of B.S. propaganda aimed at conspiracy finders.

A bunch of propaganda and then promptly closed to make it look pretty, and so no one else with a hair of common sense can add some truth to it.

what is the truth?

The truth is: If you are someone who applies ridicule to those who find conspiracies, you are a fool.

Yet, if you believe everything you hear, you are a fool.

Are there conspiracies happening right now?

Of course.

edit on 5-7-2011 by BanMePlz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BanMePlz

ur post is empty... was that meant to be?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster

ur post is empty... was that meant to be?

sorry, i hit the enter key twice, it happens, Its called human error. Feel free to read what i wrote now.
edit on 5-7-2011 by BanMePlz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I apologise to the OP, the combination of his mistake in creating a blank thread and his conspicuous username led me to the assumption he/she was nothing more than a troll and therefore wasting my time.

Upon the OP correcting his mistake, and sending me a U2U saying I have an ugly face I've decided to reconsider my response and add my input.

From the OP's long winded response, I presume he/she is trying to imply that people who don't believe in conspiracies are fools. On that note I agree with he/she

Cheers
edit on 5/7/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BanMePlz
Its a blatantly obvious fact to point out that "conspiracy theorists" have a keener awareness of what is going on around them. Just by the simple fact that they "question" their reality. Sure, they may not always be right, but their mentality is constantly evolving, discarding false information, and absorbing observable truth.
I'm going to respectfully disagree with all that being a "blatantly obvious" fact. and more alone the lines of broad generalization. Don't get me wrong, though; I agree the process of questioning everything helps a hole heap of a lot. Just can't do broad statements..

The truth is: If you are someone who applies ridicule to those who find conspiracies, you are a fool.

For the sake of looking at all sides of the coin: I've a conspiracies that in October of this year the Great Pumpkin will reveal himself and eat the masses of poor trick-or-treaters.

Obviously that's a load of poo, but by you're own rules you can't ridicule it or you're automatically a fool. (though completely correct).

My point is: Everyone should reserve the right to ridicule a claim based in fiction and not fact. I'm not at all saying ALL conspiracy theories are based in fiction, but when those that are emerge; Feel free to tear it to shreds. For those that are based on fact, however, and are supportable by evidence.. Well, then.. Can't rip a hole in truth (Not logically anyway).

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I think you make some great points there. Though you are a tad bit defensive, maybe it's just your name. A bit punk rock, "Ban Me".

I'd like to add that it's just as plausible that the Mods you're accusing of closing the thread down, most likely shut it down for how ridiculous it was. The behavior of the moderators here that I have picked up on, is that they generally let a thread run it's course before they close it down. After all, heated debates seem to be a big deal here at ATS.

But I do like where you're going with this for the most part. Literally by spending time on the interweb, we are constantly being lied to. It's a big Lie Box. Fortunately for some of us, we've learned how to sift through the filth for the pearls. It's all about not getting your hands too dirty.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

There is a thread that was recently closed called "When ATS goes too far" and i think that thread is a load of B.S. propaganda aimed at conspiracy finders.

Yeah, thats pretty much what i thought of that thread too, either that or the OP of that thread is the kind of cruel person that likes to stay sober at parties just so they can torture their friends the next day with ' OMG do you remember what you did last night ' stories

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I couldn’t disagree more. The vast, vast majority of stuff I read on here has nothing to do with a desire to find an objective truth but rather a desire to find a conspiracy. Nor do I think most people’s mentality is constantly evolving, just the opposite in fact, I think people are entrenched on here.

I think you can see that most people don’t care about the truth when you look at the sources they use, things like blogs and youtube videos. There’s no rigour and very little attempt to be objective, anything that supports the theorists pet conspiracy is accepted as evidence whereas anything that doesn’t is rejected. How many times have you seen someone on here say “yeah I guess I was wrong”?

In most threads you can also see people constantly moving the goal posts just to keep their theory alive; they come up with a theory, you provide a source that proves them wrong, they claim that your source is part of the conspiracy. You can never kill a conspiracy theory like this because anything that proves it to be incorrect just becomes part of the conspiracy.

That doesn’t mean conspiracies don’t exist, of course they do, but I do think that the people who go out of there way looking for them, the conspiracy theorists, have very little interest in the truth nor are they any more aware than non conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Personally I've found very intelligent people on both sides and many fools..

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
How can they be more "aware"? Look at all the HAARP, Elenin, and Nibiru threads. They seem quite ignorant of basic physics. They're paranoid people, and if reality doesn't fit the theory they recast what reality is and accuse people of being disinfo agents.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BanMePlz

A bunch of propaganda and then promptly closed to make it look pretty, and so no one else with a hair of common sense can add some truth to it.

I was thinking much the same thing... It seemed too pat, that thread.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, though... I am fully conspiracy aware. No mere theory at all.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Always strikes me as funny how I'll propose an alternative theory to any given story and friends will think that's just plain stupid.

Fukushima? Fuku-what? Haven't heard about it, so nothing to worry about.
HAARP? How can a musical instrument effect the climate?
JFK? Everyone knows that whacko Lee Harvey Oswald did it.
9/11? How can anyone believe our government had anything to do with it?

Where it gets ironic is I'm the one checking multiple sources and views where as they usually heard their version on the TV, so no other answer is possible.

I mean if Fox or MSNBC say it's so, then that's that! Me? I'm going to keep asking questions and looking a bit deeper.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I saw that thread too and wondered what the person meant by saying that the alleged drunk ATS'r was not really in their social set. What's that all about? How does that work? Is he/she foreign? Is there a caste system where he/she is?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ummm, yeah, ok (snicker):

www.psychologytoday.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

"Conspiracy Nuts" are not as "nuts" as you think

Yes they are, and they continue to prove it time and time again.

Its a blatantly obvious fact to point out that "conspiracy theorists" have a keener awareness of what is going on around them.

Put 20 conspiracy theorists in a room and you'll get 20 stories of what their keen senses have picked up, each probably being more ridiculous than the last. Everything they "pick up", they add their own set of facts to and filter it through their conspiracy goggles until the story about a plane crash turns into shape-shifting aliens flying UFO's from Nibiru shot down the plane for the Illuminati etc.

Just by the simple fact that they "question" their reality.

Yes, no one else does this, only the giants of critical thought, conspiracy theorists. I'm amazed your keen senses picked this up.

Sure, they may not always be right

That's one way to put it.

but their mentality is constantly evolving

Translation: distorting reality to incorporate other conspiracy theorists no matter how ridiculous.

discarding false information

Translation: anything that attacks their conspiracy belief

absorbing observable truth.

Translation: whatever conspiracy most interests them.

Sure, you may laugh, point, and snicker, but that is only because you have been brainwashed by the media into wanting to fit in,

Yep, that's why I'm laughing, I've been brainwashed. There isn't any reasonable objection to conspiracy theories, I should be ashamed for even attempting to respond to such giants of critical thought.

Yep, obviously propaganda, as it's clearly impossible for someone to actually disagree with you. Which division of the CIA do you think paid him to do that?

Quite a claim you have there. If someone discovers a legitimate conspiracy, that may be correct, but that just isn't so with like 99.9% of the "conspiracy theories" here, sadly.

Makes conspiracy theorists quite foolish then?

Are there conspiracies happening right now?

I was going to respond to this with something along the lines of "evidence please", but I'd rather not increase my urge to punch my monitor in anger at the sheer amount of stupidity most conspiracies rely on.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

While it is no doubt true there are many examples of conspiracy theories being effectively debunked, I hope you agree that some can turn out to be true:

7 Insane Conspiracies That Actually Happened

That's why some like to ask questions. Sometimes the truth is being hidden.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join