It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why This Lovely Woman Does NOT Support The Troops - Amazing Video

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood
Perhaps you should do a quick post search to see my strong opinions against corporate entities like Walmart.

The fact that you are posting here shows your support for corporate entities.

Got to love those who utilize electricity provided by a corporate entity to power a computer produced by a corporate entity which was transported to the store by a corporate entity where it was bought from a corporate entity to assert how anti-corporate entity they are

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theHairInTheSoup

To answer your second question: Soviet invasion of Afghanistan 1980-88; Large swathes of Asia Pacific region by Japan prior and during WWII; The Mongols and most of the known world between 1205-1299AD; Muslim Forces in the crusades (some countries did border the holy lands before hand but men came from the whole Muslim world); Jurchen (Manchurian) Invasion of Japan 1019AD; Japanese invasion of Korea 1592; The Barbary pirates in general; Manchurian Invasion of Korea 1627.

Those are a few examples over the last 1000 years. I didn't think there were so many meeting your very specific criteria, there are still more, but these are some of the more prominent ones. It was an educational experience.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

edit on 8-7-2011 by tomg88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Would it be polictically correct to say that I support the troops, but not the actions they must carry out because they are told to?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek
Would it be polictically correct to say that I support the troops, but not the actions they must carry out because they are told to?

Don't see why not, alot of troops don't like what they are told to do. Like clean the barracks.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnionSurfer
reply to post by Golf66

Your whole argument is based on the assumption that it is a-okay to kill people in the first place. You act as though the rules of engagement are somehow divinely mandated.

Just because these murders hold up in a court of law, doesn't make them right.And can you please explain how killing these people has made us safer here in America?

Luckily for me, I haven't had any combat training, and I am not familiar with the ROE. It must take a lot of work to deprogram yourself after being taught to be a serial killer.

Best of luck in your recovery.

This isn't an opinion, it is just slander.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437

Perhaps you should do a quick post search to see my strong opinions against corporate entities like Walmart.

Got to love those who utilize electricity provided by a corporate entity to power a computer produced by a corporate entity which was transported to the store by a corporate entity where it was bought from a corporate entity to assert how anti-corporate entity they are

I also shop at Walmart, gasp... the only grocery store in my area.... because all of the other grocery stores had to close when it opened. Gasp... I have to eat... what a shocker. Of course I utilize corporations, I am forced to, as they are often the only option. If you actually think that means that I like the way that the government handles them then I guess the girl in the video was more right than I thought about a certain group's intelligence levels and/or general ignorance, and that's pretty much all I've learned from this thread... I'm trying to be as polite as possible, but I can't see any pro-military post in this thread that isn't just propagandist regurgitation or idiotically incorrect criticism.
edit on 8-7-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I also shop at Walmart, gasp... the only grocery store in my area.... because all of the other grocery stores had to close when it opened. Gasp... I have to eat... what a shocker. Of course I utilize corporations, I am forced to, as they are often the only option. If you actually think that means that I like the way that the government handles them then I guess the girl in the video was more right than I thought about a certain group's intelligence levels and/or general ignorance, and that's pretty much all I've learned from this thread... I'm trying to be as polite as possible, but I can't see any pro-military post in this thread that isn't just propagandist regurgitation or idiotically incorrect criticism.

Then you are close minded to what the pro military people have been saying. Several of which are either current or former service members. Basically what you are saying about these people (myself included) is that their personal experiences are propaganda regurgitation or idiotically incorrect criticism. I am not sure how this is possible unless the MIB came, neuralized me and said the last 5 years were a lie. None of us can make you change your opinion, but it is clear you and a great many that side with this pretty-faced sensationalist hate monger are trying to skew things to fit your paranoid delusions and over simplified view of the world. Also the lady in the video isn't going to date you for speaking out against the military, sorry.

I am also sorry that many of you think that since many of us grew up being taught that we are entitled to everything we really are. We aren't so miss pretty faced hate monger should go do something pro active other than riling up boards about how we are losing liberties she thinks she is entitled to because she was born, maybe the economy is a reflection of people believing they are entitled to things as if it was their god given right. Also people don't dance at the Jefferson memorial because it is inappropriate and distracting to the people that go there for its historic value and unless Jefferson was a river dancer by trade it is distracting to the majority. Now go out an try to earn some of these liberties you believe you are entitled to and maybe you will get them.
edit on 8-7-2011 by tomg88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

So you are anti-corporation but give money to one of the largest corporations that kill local businesses. OUTSTANDING!

Makes as much sense as being anti-military and signing up for the Marine Corps.

Let's face facts- there is no way that the sole source for everything needed in daily life in your entire state is Wal-Mart. What you mean to say is you are anti-corporation up to the point it begins to inconvenience you (like driving a few towns over to a local market). Ted Kaczynski was anti-corporation. Randy Weaver was anti-corporation. You however sell out your supposed stance against big business the minute it requires any effort on your part to live by your words.

And I shall be as polite as possible but I can't see any anti-military post in this thread that isn't just propagandist regurgitation or idiotically incorrect criticism. At least the pro-military people aren't making points of highlighting their own hypocrisy.
edit on 8-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

High five to SFA!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomg88 This isn't an opinion, it is just slander.

Thanks for the back-up; I am not nor have I ever served with a serial killer.

However, I can polish off a box do Sugar Smacks pretty fast.

Does it make me a cereal killer - who knows; I have never been able to shake the addiction to sugary cereal.

Call me a victim of Saturday morning cartoon advertizing.

Nah on second thought I am no one's victim. I chose to eat the crap even though it makes me fat.

I could care less what the bimbo in the OP's video thinks she is obviously clueless about the military and the reasons people chose to serve. Same with those here who hacve chimed in to support her.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Makes as much sense as being anti-military and signing up for the Marine Corps.

Yup, traveling vast distances to kill people for corporate resources.... and buying food at Wal-Mart because there is literally nowhere to buy it and being upset that the free market is not what it used to be... are both the same caliber of moral offense, right? No dehumanization there.

Let's face facts- there is no way that the sole source for everything needed in daily life in your entire state is Wal-Mart. What you mean to say is you are anti-corporation up to the point it begins to inconvenience you (like driving a few towns over to a local market).

Whoops, can't afford gas to get there... Too many monopolizing corporations raising oil prices, suppressing alternative solutions to fuel... starting to see a trend here with these types of corporations...

At least the pro-military people aren't making points of highlighting their own hypocrisy.

Oh, okay.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Yup, traveling vast distances to kill people for corporate resources.... and buying food at Wal-Mart because there is literally nowhere to buy it and being upset that the free market is not what it used to be... are both the same caliber of moral offense, right? No dehumanization there.

Yup- no other store in the entire state.... just one huge Wal-Mart.

Not one single human being on this board is going to believe that there is a state out there consisting of nothing but Wal-Marts and housing. There is no way you can expect anyone to believe that. I mean this is ATS but saying there are no other shopping opportunities but Wal-Mart....

Whoops, can't afford gas to get there... Too many monopolizing corporations raising oil prices, suppressing alternative solutions to fuel... starting to see a trend here with these types of corporations...

So instead of not buying gasoline and boycotting oil corporations you give them your wages. Starting to see a trend with your hypocrisy here. You're an armchair activist- not taking any serious steps that might impact your life; extolling how hardcore you are in your anti-corporate ethos whilst filling their cash registers with greenbacks.

If one is against something they do not give financial support to them. I am against the pro-life movement (although I call them pro-pregnancy since they couldn't care less once Junior is squeezed out) therefore I do not give them my money. I am against both the Democrat and Republican party therefore I do not give them money. I do not like Target's political stances so I do not shop there and give them my money. I do not like Home Depot or Lowes so I do not give them my money and I shop at local hardware stores.

By definition I am 1000x more anti-corporation than you are and I am generally pro-corporation. I like having a car, a motorcycle, internet access, electricity and gasoline- I am just honest in my self assessment. You like enjoying the fruits of corporations but proclaim your hatred for them

If you were, as you were trying to portray yourself as, this anti-corporation crusader you'd be off the grid. But you are neither anti-corporation by the fact you give them your support nor are you off the grid.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tomg88

Spare me the nonsense, sharpshooter.

All you've done is go on about your experiences and how you were fighting "terrorists!" and "defending our country and our freedoms!" and how you're "offended" about the "disrespect to the military" in this thread.

Not sure how you don't think that's not just regurgitated nationalist propaganda; you'd have to be brainwashed by the military to think it isn't. No point in arguing with someone who can't relate mid-century German propaganda to this nationalist crap, really. Terrorists will be terrorists I suppose; most of them are homegrown and thugging up the Middle East like its their sad "call of duty" wet dream to blow people up without asking questions.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

I give up on you, your logic fails so hard.

I hope you never get the death penalty for something you never comitted.

You'll go on about how horrible it is that you've been falsely condemned...

...And I'll call you a hypocrite, because the needle is in your arm, you obviously like it! Hypocrite!

Get educated. Not enlisted.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

Yup- my logic is twisted.

You live in a state where there is nothing but Wal-Marts. Because there is no such thing as a Safeway or Stop & Shop anywhere in the state, nor is there a place to buy seeds to grow food, you are marched at gunpoint into Wal-Mart and forced to give support, in the form of money, to this evil corporation and you are beaten into a bloody pulp daily for your disobedience to the Wal-Mart hegemony and your anti-corporate rhetoric!

WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

I never suspected that making friends with the people of Afghanistan was murder. I will turn myself over to the authorities because I have been committed the ultimate sin. O wait they are too busy running the police state when they aren't wanking it to call of duty or high fiving each other after they detain someone from sodomizing the Lincoln memorial; all the while people like you blow the whistle for their civil right being abused by causing civil disobedience. Why do you want to dance at the Jefferson's memorial? How would any of you like it if I go to the cemetery and dance on one of your family's graves? People can't just do anything they want, it isn't their right to, because other people have rights too.

I enjoyed my time in the service and the experiences it brought me. What have you done Orange Brood besides troll around on this site and spewing sensationalist BS? I have hugged an Afghan kid, palled around with an aberaginal man in Australia, trained beside Filipino Marines, shook hands with one of the Anbar Awakening leaders. I have traveled the globe, but some how by vision of the world is skewed into the warmachine. Tell me this then if we are truly genocidal monsters what was stopping me from slaying any of the a fore mentioned people? Nothing except for the discipline and morals instilled in me from my parents and reinforced by the military. There are service members that have done terrible things, but they are less than one percent. We play Call of Duty because it is entertaining, but far from anything possible. We understand what murder is and I have seen many Marines busted down in rank for a negligent discharge, murder would result in a courts martial and likely life imprisonment.

Now Orange Brood what experiences of other cultures have you been exposed to? And if you have a black friend, that doesn't count. I mean what countries have you been too? I'm the brainwashed one, look who is trolling around the internet where everything is skewed in opinions because it is written by a person using that information and it is hard not to be biased. I'm sure I can go look up civilian casualties from Iraq and Afghanistan and say everyone was caused by a NATO service member, but it is not true.

Afghanistan now is us retroactively trying to cover our asses for funding an supplying the mujaheddin during the soviet occupation. Pakistan intercepted many of the shipments and those weapons found their way into the hands of the Taliban who took control of Afghanistan. Now think of this, if you were a narrow minded and homicidal madman who wanted 72 virgins would you fly most of the way across the globe to slay your infidels? Or would you try and slay the ones that were deployed in the country next door? Can't you see why we're really deployed in the middle east, as low hanging fruit for any radical with an ounce of religious conviction can come get us.
edit on 9-7-2011 by tomg88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Threads like this really display and showcase the level of BRAINWASHING that is prevelant in the U.S.A. and the World really. It is very interesting. Some of you didn't like this young womans veiwpoint so you attacked her gender with sexist commentary of the lowest denomination. That jingoistic, patriotism has been imbedded well in the psche of not only the U.S. population, but a greater theatre of the World. It serves those that wish to control us. It serves the Military industrial complex, multinational corporations and the Politico-bureacratic caste. It doesn't serve YOU the regular Joe or Jose. In fact it uses you as the money to fund these idiotic ventures, through your taxes. It uses your children as cannon fodder and it turns your children into MURDERERS! Think about it objectively and free yourself. Peace.
edit on 9-7-2011 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek

So just following orders totally exonerates one from any morality? So just following orders free's one from the rules of the Universe to wit: you get what you put out? My dear Elsek, I don't think so. We are each of us responsible for our own actions. We are all brothers and sisters on this planet, regardless of the color of our skin, religion, culture or national origin. Stop the violence and don't support those that support whole sale slaughter of their fellow brothers and sisters for some trumped up fictional slight. War benefits the corporations and the politico-bureacratic caste, not the average you and me. All it brings us is higher taxes, PTSD, wheelchairs and death. Stop the violence and unite! PEACE!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I really don't know...about ALL that....

But

I am just tickled to see an attractive young woman that can think for herself and DOES.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join