It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Spirit came to me and delivered a message during service.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

can we have a date, or should we just hold our breaths until we die?
edit on 4-7-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

I see what you done there...sick guy

To the OP, this sounds amazing, like you had some kind of spiritual awakening of sorts however...The flip side could be that you had in fact been possessed by an entitie that drained you of your energy.

Just a thought, I am going to hold my breath now...1...2...3....
edit on 5-7-2011 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If there is a holy spirit that speaks to you or anyone else, how do you differentiate its voice in your head between your own voice in your head? I know of many times where people told me that the holy spirit told them something and it turned out to be wrong. Here's an example: My former youth pastor told me to let everyone I know that on a specific day (can't remember the exact day, it was years ago) that god told them that something terrible was going to happen in the U.S. This was after 9/11. I didn't tell anyone because of previous experiences with this type of thing where nothing happened as was foretold by the holy spirit. So, that day came and went without a hitch. As a believer and follower of Jesus, and filled with the holy spirit, how did this person NOT know that it wasn't the holy spirit talking to them....and all the other times this happens as well?
edit on 5-7-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Yesterday started as any normal day at church, we walk around and greet eachother and the visitors after being separated for a week, followed by worship. On many a given sunday i can feel the Holy Spirit move through our church, but yesterday it was so very very strong. The songs came and with each passing minute i began to feel more and more the wonder/glory/awe/joy erupt and wash over me and i tried to hold onto it once our pastors' sermon began, the whole while i was trembling with exertion trying to contain the Holy Spirit's message until i could hold on no more and i began to testify before the church. The message was "the Lord has NOT forgotten us, he is coming right now, we WILL be rescued, make way, make way for the King is coming!" The message was so urgent and desperate i felt as though it was a warning for us to hold fast and be ready, and i immediately hit my knees and knelt in front of the altar, i felt as though i was indeed in the presence of our King, and all i wanted to do was kneel down and never get up.

Afterwards when service was ending i talked to my pastor and described to him what i was feeling, of the joy and awe, of feeling like i was in the presence of Jesus himself in all his Glory, that while trying to hold onto the message i could feel my spirit battling my body during worhip and the summon, my spirit was literally catching a glimpse of heaven and it was the most wonderful feeling in the universe. I felt like a star had burst into life inside me and i began to get hotter and hotter on the outside, the Holy Fire felt like i was being consumed and if i held onto his message any longer i thought i would burst into flames. At the end i was left feeling drained, like i had just took on a wrestling match with someone 10 times my size and 10 times my weight, and my pastor told me when the Holy Spirit comes to go ahead and surrender, even if it is during service, for the message it gives is more important than his because its coming from the Lord himself.

Be ready, it will not be much longer, our Lord's day draws near, in our lifetimes. Have courage and hold fast, soon we can go home!

G_D has blessed you

And His peace is with you.

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17
Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I do appologise, I got you mixed up :-)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GreatScot

I'm not having a pop, I'm sorry if you think I am, I just don't believe.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with Christianity, I am on a spiritual journey myself (currently looking into Islam) so I do respect the people who have a belief (and subsequently faith).

I am a logical person, it's part of my work after all being involved in software engineering and IT in general, I have to be analytical and to the point.

The problem I have is with this whole trinity thing, it's just illogical and the convoluted explanations do no justice to the religion which is why I went searching for a contrast and found Islam but I don't consider myself a Muslim yet, I am still searching for god.

What drew me to Islam was how you need to develop a belief to have faith however with modern Christianity you have to have faith (lots of it) to develop a belief, often times in nonsensical things that defy logic.

That seems incorrect, why would god defy his own logic and then claim to be god, surely god is above these human fallacies!

Anyway I could debate all day long at this but it's pointless. I am glad the OP had some kind of awakening however I doubt it was the "Holy Spirit", however no one is to know if it was god or something more malevolent?

God is meant to inspire his creation..."his creation"...not subservient to humanity but above it, outside of the realms of his creation yet capable of being understood by mankind.

Everyone and everything has a desire to worship something, it's built into us...to say you are not religious is an idiom because we are religious about everything, it's our survival mode. Sport, Superstars, Movies, Hobbies etc we are all hooked on something, to the point that we are religious even if it is to someone else or the reflection in the mirror.

Adios.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AOA2012

Hmmmm.....you don't think so???? lol

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have to say, I'm very surprised to see this posted today.

Last night - the night of 7/4 -, I had a pretty vivid dream (I usually have a hard time remembering my dreams) where my wife and I were watching a preacher on television talk about Jesus' return. As we watched I received a text message on my phone that said "I'm coming" - and then all of sudden, my wife, the preacher and I were all in some place celebrating together, and then I woke up.

I didn't think much of the dream until I saw this forum post. Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but I would love for Him to return soon!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AOA2012

Jesus is making haste

Why is He making haste? Are we in some kind of danger?

--------------------
Yes.
We successfully assassinated Osama bin Laden May 2, 2011.
The number 2 guy and number 3 guy of Al Qaeda are alive and well.
The counterattack is soon.
--------------------
Apparently, bin Laden bought some tactical nukes on the black market during the 1990s.
They cost $200 million each. Yield = 100 kiloton -Old Soviet Union variety-
That's 5 times the Hiroshima bomb.
Smuggled them in with shipping containers.
They are small enough to fit inside a large refrigerator.
I read it on an Al - jazzera interview with Al Qaeda member.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I feel it too. I have noticed this same presence for the last few years and it just keeps getting stronger. Everywhere I turn, God is there leading. I never miss an opportunity to say this. All a person needs to do is ask God to show Himself. He is faithful to cleans you from every sin. Luke 10 says that a person must love God and love his neighbor (even His enemies). This level of trust and love cancels any law against you and changes your entire life. No laws are necessary if you love God and your fellow man.

Ezekiel 36:25

I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Yesterday started as any normal day at church, we walk around and greet eachother and the visitors after being separated for a week, followed by worship. On many a given sunday i can feel the Holy Spirit move through our church, but yesterday it was so very very strong. The songs came and with each passing minute i began to feel more and more the wonder/glory/awe/joy erupt and wash over me and i tried to hold onto it once our pastors' sermon began, the whole while i was trembling with exertion trying to contain the Holy Spirit's message until i could hold on no more and i began to testify before the church. The message was "the Lord has NOT forgotten us, he is coming right now, we WILL be rescued, make way, make way for the King is coming!" The message was so urgent and desperate i felt as though it was a warning for us to hold fast and be ready, and i immediately hit my knees and knelt in front of the altar, i felt as though i was indeed in the presence of our King, and all i wanted to do was kneel down and never get up.

Afterwards when service was ending i talked to my pastor and described to him what i was feeling, of the joy and awe, of feeling like i was in the presence of Jesus himself in all his Glory, that while trying to hold onto the message i could feel my spirit battling my body during worhip and the summon, my spirit was literally catching a glimpse of heaven and it was the most wonderful feeling in the universe. I felt like a star had burst into life inside me and i began to get hotter and hotter on the outside, the Holy Fire felt like i was being consumed and if i held onto his message any longer i thought i would burst into flames. At the end i was left feeling drained, like i had just took on a wrestling match with someone 10 times my size and 10 times my weight, and my pastor told me when the Holy Spirit comes to go ahead and surrender, even if it is during service, for the message it gives is more important than his because its coming from the Lord himself.

Be ready, it will not be much longer, our Lord's day draws near, in our lifetimes. Have courage and hold fast, soon we can go home!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
For the Lulz I should go to church and ask the holy spirit for a date :p

Ever considdered the message could've been from: Demons, Aliens, the Government, etc...?

Or like another poster said, mass halucination...

i'm not saying it's one way or the other but you have to keep an open mind.

How would the holy spirit know if only god knows?

Just some pennies to ponder...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Christianity is Logic and deep thinking, but all religions and religious books are flawed and distorted by INTENT of the ruling class, to make a two laned highway. Progression: love, kindness, forgiveness, growth of consciousness, serving the children, or judgement, smiting, harming ohters in wars, killing disobedient children, etc etc. Only one leads to progression and Yeshua, Father/Mother and the Family.

The first prerequisite to understanding spiritual is following the small still voice within, your Love light within, your conscience and not accepting negative things written anywhwere. Then your prayers will bring enlightenment.

Its Quantum Christianity that is most accurate, such as ET_MAN shares, from NDE. The whole universe, frequency, energy matches, and grading will make perfect sense, for our souls record everything.

The everlasting and etermal light is coming, and everything upgrades, the last page of earth's coloring book, and the whole solar system goes up. All infinite energies, and intelligences, even the elements themselves, have a teleos purpose, infinite progression. Higher expanded frequencies, by defautl means love, understanding others and EQUALITY.

Bekijk de Noorderlicht-aflevering 'Killing Time'

There is No Time,and Infinity is my favorite subject.

Yeshua is both metaphor and real as depicted in the bible, but based on Yeshua ben Joseph, who was the founder the Nazarenes, I believe. He is our big brother, and taught the way back home, overcoming impatience, with patience, reaction and retaliation, with understanding and compassion. Walking in all's moccasins. Pyramids and inequality, with equality. The love of power with the power of Love.

As Higher Ups, as the Family, he also represents the Spirit of Peace and Love, that dwells with us, and the Holy Spirit, thus can also be said to truly be Immanuel, God With Us.

All religions have two paths in them by design. Everyone needs to only take the most loving out of them.

Love & Light!
edit on 5-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't know if this would help you, but I think I have a valid explanation for the trinity that makes more sense than anything I have read. Keep in mind, the trinity is responsible for creating the universe. The creative nature of one God is manifest in three areas of this creative force. As you read my simple explanation, realize that it is way more complicated than what I present.

In the beginning (TIME), God created the heavens (SPACE) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (ENERGY).

Those are the building blocks of all of physics. Here is where the trinity of one God comes in.

The father is light (wisdom and the infinity of knowledge). The Son is the Word (LOGOS). We see the word from John 1. The Holy Spirit is the indwelling information that brings the other two together into life (consciousness).

Here is where it gets good. Light is both a particle and a wave. This is the duality of light according to physics. Light behaves according to the observer. This is the double slit experiment of physics if you want to verify this. Since the observer collapses the indeterminate wave of probability, the observer creates what is observed. God is the first observer. The trinity is His process, by His three natures, to create the universe. Why is the Son the Word. A word is a wave. All particles have an associated wave in physics. Christ carries the light of God by His wisdom and knowledge.

One God. Three natures of creation. Keep in mind one thing about the Christian religion. The Bible has the fingerprint of God in both the old testament and the new. Genesis 1:1-3 and John 1. This is our verification that His word is both written and living. Christ is the living word, manifest in our world to save mankind by example. The first observer comes to reality to change reality in person. Christ has collapsed the indeterminate wave of probability and changed it to determinate. A new Heaven and a new earth is promised if you catch the wave.

Originally posted by old_god
I don't have a problem with Christianity, I am on a spiritual journey myself (currently looking into Islam) so I do respect the people who have a belief (and subsequently faith).

I am a logical person, it's part of my work after all being involved in software engineering and IT in general, I have to be analytical and to the point.

The problem I have is with this whole trinity thing, it's just illogical and the convoluted explanations do no justice to the religion which is why I went searching for a contrast and found Islam but I don't consider myself a Muslim yet, I am still searching for god.

What drew me to Islam was how you need to develop a belief to have faith however with modern Christianity you have to have faith (lots of it) to develop a belief, often times in nonsensical things that defy logic.

That seems incorrect, why would god defy his own logic and then claim to be god, surely god is above these human fallacies!

Anyway I could debate all day long at this but it's pointless. I am glad the OP had some kind of awakening however I doubt it was the "Holy Spirit", however no one is to know if it was god or something more malevolent?

God is meant to inspire his creation..."his creation"...not subservient to humanity but above it, outside of the realms of his creation yet capable of being understood by mankind.

Everyone and everything has a desire to worship something, it's built into us...to say you are not religious is an idiom because we are religious about everything, it's our survival mode. Sport, Superstars, Movies, Hobbies etc we are all hooked on something, to the point that we are religious even if it is to someone else or the reflection in the mirror.

Adios.

edit on 5-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I want to thank the person who started this thred I have had similar experiences but I would never go public with them I believe something is about to happen I would rather believe it from some loving entity than man all we seem to be able to do is laugh and pick at someonme elses experience god bless you man my experience with the Divine came at sundance in wolfpoint Montana cant explain them and wont try only know that there is something out there peace and love hawk

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Having been a member of a charasmatic church, I've heard this before. I can remember someone prophesizing in tounges and then someone else would interpret. Funny how the length of one's speaking never seemed to match the other. Seemed like God's heavenly language has a lot more syllables in it than english.

But I digress. I've heard folks prophesize how Jesus was starting to stand up from His throne as an indication that He's coming back and these prophesies happened regularly. (and this was in the early 90's)

Look, if you're a believer, then you will believe that he is coming back. I, for one, don't see the need for the hype surrounding these "prophesies" that Christ is coming back and it's going to be SOON. We all know we can't set a date and I'm pretty sure God does not operate on the same clock as we do. Maybe His "soon" is 1000 years.

One of the things that was brought up when people prophesized like this in church is that was it being done to edify the person speaking or to edify the church. I've seen a lot of "prophets" that were the ones routinely spewing prophesies every couple of weeks. Guess they were more in tune than the rest of us were.

My personal belief is that if God wanted someone to prophesize on His behalf, then He would give something specific and an exact date/time to be foretold. Generalities should not come into play for any prophecy. If God causes all to happen, then it can't be any other way.

I have no doubt that you felt something during service, but I think it is very easy to become emotionally hypnotized so that you do or say things you wouldn't normally do.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hey OPs.

Just randomly visited one of your comments from another thread where you write

We're living in dangerous days and it will not be much longer until God takes his children away from this world and then sends his wrath against the corrupt people left here. There isnt enough money and gold on this planet to protect them from a being with unlimited power bent on destroying them. God is the Creator AND the Destroyer, he brings life and creates death.

and of course this thread where you write

My only thoughts:

May you one day have a job and family life where you don't pray daily for the world to end

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Spirit of Christ is within us all, not only one man named Jesus and that is the great lie perpetuated via Christianity and Catholicism and I believe this because I have read far more THEOLOGY then most "religious experts" aka Theologians and I did so and continue to do so with an open mind. Something most of the them are seemingly incapable of.

Believe as you wish as you will receive your just "reward"...

Devachan... What a concept...

Books, good books... check em out!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The sun is finally warming, its been a long cold winter, but now, hopefully I won't need a warm bath before bed to night, like the last 2 nights. Sungazing prayers, even the moon was positive light for a change. I feel its very very soon, though no one knows the date. In our lifetime is often said, the message that came yesterday, was everything would change soon, as in immediately kind of feel. Immediate in infinity might be hard to peg. I'm hoping for my perspective of immediate. All souls have a teleos purpose however, its just that those seriously harming others will be facing what they've done and the train wreck they made,and will experience such unhappiness, as so many here have. They need to start making those U-Turns now, and start to face what they've done, from child sacrifice, to starving billions, to the abuses and tortures, and wars, now, while there is still Time.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by SaturnFX

The sun is finally warming, its been a long cold winter, but now, hopefully I won't need a warm bath before bed to night, like the last 2 nights. Sungazing prayers, even the moon was positive light for a change. I feel its very very soon, though no one knows the date. In our lifetime is often said, the message that came yesterday, was everything would change soon, as in immediately kind of feel. Immediate in infinity might be hard to peg.

You want to know when the world will change?

Well, exact date is difficult, but it will ultimately change around 2029.
This is not a religious statement (although there is a degree of faith involved).
Read up on Kurzweil if you are wondering what exactly I am talking about

And the future will be wonderful if we are able to get past the initial infighting.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Imaginations are fun, aren't they?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join