It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Spirit came to me and delivered a message during service.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

If your verbal reply was to the whole church, I hope you weren't speaking in 'tongues' if you were I would wonder if this message was really from God and not his 'counterpart'.
Churches that teach "Signs and Wonders" are in my opinion a doorway for Satan.
look up "speaking in tongues" on the internet and there are many Christian websites that explains this!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I totally respect you had an experience, are excited, and are relaying that lonewolf, however:

* It's not conceivable to me the Holy Spirit would cause you to be drained. To me that makes no sense at all, and sounds more like demonic activity, most likely influenced by the church you're in (there are *many* such churches).

* "rescued"...perhaps that's just the word you used, but I consider it bad terminology. It isn't Christians who need rescued, it's people who need healed who need rescued...and that's not going to happen unless he reaches THEM. Who's going to help?

Personally I think you're in the wrong church and should get out of there and start "worshipping" God by doing his will and reaching those in need instead of listening to songs and focusing on an "escape". There are people for whom there is no "escape" who are in need of reaching out to. Disagree with my sentiments if you will, but I'd rather you were told than not told.
edit on 5-7-2011 by flyingkitty because: spelling mistake of "terminology" !!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The Holy Spirit isn't an entity, it's a state of being. It's what's called "gnosis," and comes about when you finally have a good understanding of what Christianity means and how it relates to existence. Sounds to me like a demon trying to trick you.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The gifts of the Spirit were very evident in the early church, so why shouldn't they be today? Contemporary church is little more than salad bar Christianity, programs, financial gain and materialism. No wonder any gifts, including speaking in tongues, prophecy, words of encouragement, the moving of God in Spirit is frowned upon because humans prefer a worldly business structure over the church of God's people. I also make mention that I have been around long enough to recall the 'Toronto Blessing' and do not advocate this activity.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by timepolarity
Unfortunately, I'm not sure this plan will work. There is a point where it is too late.

Naa, it will work like a charm, if this Jesus chap is to be believed...
See the unforgiving slave parable...pretty much states just that...show forgiveness you are shown, and give forgiveness you have been given...its a pretty clear case..

aka, works work I guess

Now...how trustable is Jesus...that is the question

There is to sin that is ever too late or too often to be forgiven..its not a race..if a person sins and dies immediately after, they are not doomed to hell because they didn't make it to a church in time...thats bullocks and completely a fabrication of Peter (whom wanted to just make 7 as the limit of sinning)

Read your bible, and ignore that idiot Peter..(guy is satan after all
)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by Ryanp5555

what is my point of view?

instead of dancing around the subject. why dont you address the question?

and it was a question, not a claim. so i dont know how i'm preaching my point of view.

The question isn't what your point of view is, that is irrelevant. The question is whether or not you think your point of view is right as opposed to other points of view. You clearly do, as you insulted the OP for whatever he believes. Your original post has nothing to do with preaching. You call him out because he is ignoring the other religious views, thinking his is right. Thus, as you claimed, he is arrogant. You ignore the possibility that perhaps he knows something you don't, and dismiss him because you are sure that his point of view isn't any more educated than your point of view. Thus, by your logic, you too are arrogant.

The bottom line is you shouldn't be calling people names for their beliefs. And don't give me the, "he shouldn't be preaching to me." He wasn't preaching to you until you clicked on the subject which clearly indicates that he was going to be preaching. Thus, for whatever reason, you consciously chose to be preached to. In the end, name calling based on beliefs is about as ignorant and disrespectful as you can possibly be; especially when you knew what you were getting into when you willfully entered this discussion.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Ryanp5555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by timepolarity
I've seen you post about the Singularity in this thread, and I should say that I was a singularitarian‏ for a while before turning to Christ (about a year ago). Kurzweil is a clever man, but there is more to the mind and soul than computation. When your eyes are opened to the Lord, you see these arrogant thoughts of men for what they are - foolishness.

Felt the need to discuss this also.

The singularity event is just one of many inventions that have progressed our way of being, right up there with the discovery of agreculture and the phone.
It will fundamentally change our lives into something unimaginable, yet when it happens, it won't seem as magical as it does years beforehand.

As far as more to the mind than computation...says who? If you remove the brain, you die. if you mess around with the brain, your entire personality can change. If you damage the brain, etc...

Now, lets make an argument for a half second that the brain is just a reciever..well, is it the biomass that receives the connection, or the information itself...is a soul somehow able to connect to protein but not silicon?

The debate becomes a bit moot when you break it down into its elementry particles...

And end of the day, what is time on a cosmic infinate scale? a trillion trillion years would be a blink of an eye when you consider eternity.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
He who trusts in violence to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

Each individual approaches the Holy Spirit of Almighty God in their own unique manner. No two person are the same. I am pleased that the author of the thread experienced something. Sharing that experience with others will probably prove to be very difficult. However, we should not hide our light, but should allow it to illuminate so that all may see clearly by its light. My own experience came in the year 2000 during the celebrations of the New Millennium. I was busy doing my DX short-wave radio preaching which reaches out from my UK address to places all around the world. The transmissions were a daily schedule of two hours in accordance with a weekly cycle. A set catechism. Including readings from the Book of Mormon and the Holy Bible. It was at that time that from an inner spiritual voice I received the knowledge of the PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM (tm). It is now the law by which I live my life. I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex and no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the one absolute. The One God there be no other God. Her names are many but she be the one true God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La Deus Nostra, Notre Dame, Our Lady, The Holy Spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic [celestial immortal] powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving her above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to her above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception [parthenogenesis] reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright (c) NGL 2000.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 5/7/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatScot
reply to post by LightAssassin

Our universe grows and faster than light from our perspective but fill a bath and pull the plug(black hole) and keep the tap running(white hole) and as you near the drain it all moves away faster than you. Our journey could be to the drain our just out the tap.

Interesting - I have been explaining a similar theory for a while now to explain why time appears to be speeding up. Think of it as water going down a drain. As it gets closer to the drain, it revolves faster, so things move more quickly.

In essence, this world is coming to the end of the line and "going down the drain" if you will. It seems to me as well as a lot of other people that time is moving faster than ever.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I am not sure how wise it is to post what you did to ATS. The message you had may have only been for your church at that time. You'll mostly be ridiculed here anyway and you have to safeguard your faith, though your boldness is commendable. But please be careful.

The experience you describe sounds somewhat odd, and I've never experienced something quite like that. But for your own edification you may like to look up "evangelical humiliation" (it's old language and certainly not what it sounds like). I'd be interested to know to what degree your experience sounds similar to the descriptions various Christians have given of that. Sometimes it feels like you want to be as low as possible. Even if you were painted on the floor that would be too raised up. Maybe if you were dust particles scattered on the dirt on the ground under the floor...

As for the message you gave, I think that we are always told to be ready. If you look at the end of Revelations it says he is coming soon. Maybe in every age it has felt the same to every believer, that the time is very near. And indeed it is. But not as man understands it, but as God does, as the Bible teaches us. Maybe God is calling your church to be ready for his return *even if it does not happen in your lifetime* (but I certainly hope that it does). He may be calling them to prepare, either because he is about to return, or because all believers in all centuries are called to prepare.

I think I would normally try to convince you to not think of the feeling you had as meaning that it is going to happen soon in the sense of it happening in your lifetime. But, first of all, who other than God knows when it will happen and who other than you knows what you were told. Secondly we are told in Scripture to prepare because he is coming soon. And so we should prepare, so it would be wrong to discourage that. And thirdly, someone I know had an experience which he can't really explain which seemed to leave him with a similar sense, if only for a minute.

Also, I noticed you refer to the Holy Spirit as "it". I think in most Bibles the Holy Spirit is referred to as "He", just as Jesus and God the Father are. The point is that He is the third person of the trinity, not just a force or power coming from God, but a person of the trinity. We tend to forget this sometimes, and it can help to remember to call Him "He", rather than "it" to remind ourselves of this. Someone mentioned to me that Paul actually makes a grammatical error to emphasize this point, (though I never checked this for myself. It might be folklore.)

Beware of people who claim to be Christians (or who claim to be believers or followers and not Christians, etc), who are none of His. Guard your faith, as it is precious.
edit on 5-7-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
to the OP
Thank you for posting and whatever to those that don't understand.
I appreciate your courage to come here and explain your experience. I wish I could experinece the ONE that way.........some day.

the ONE is the ONE and we are to revere the presence.
I bow to the ONE..............we are but the creation of the ONE.
thank you..for your sharing.....do not be afraid............do not be afraid the ONE will bless you for this.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingkitty

flyingkitty, I am not 100% certain about your contention that someone would not be left feeling weak after an intense spiritual experience. In Daniel 10:8 the prophet saw a great vision (see also verse 17). His strength left him and his face turned pale and he felt helpless. For an even more clear example of this, see Daniel 8:27. I'd feel more comfortable about what you said if you could support it from Scripture. Essentially, I don't think what you said is actually any sure sign that it was not of the Spirit. But good on you for testing all things.

Also, I wasn't quite clear on what you were recommending to the OP. You might have just been suggesting there was something wrong with his church and that he should go to another. But it came across as though you were advising him to leave church altogether.

There are many Scriptures which speak in strong terms about forsaking the gathering together of believers. Naturally that doesn't mean any particular congregation or that we need to go along to a church building. But we must meet with other believers to encourage one another. Going along to a church is sometimes the best way that we have to do that. And no church is perfect. I really think we have to be careful about telling people they should leave the church. Remember how John talks about heretics in 1 John 2:19.

Naturally we should flee from churches that are not teaching the gospel. So I agree that if that is not going on, then one should not be involved in it. But I don't really know anything at all about the OP's church.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
are you sure the holy spirit that you mention didnt come from a vodka bottle coz i see and hear things too when i commune with that spirit

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It amuses me that people worship something they cannot see. All you need to do is wake up. Spirituality is the answer. Any particular faith was made up by man as a means to maintain order in a world of disorder. You don't need to idolize some guy in a robe with long hair and a beard. He may have existed. And if he did, he was most likely someone who was truly awakened himself(or herself with too much testosterone and no access to a razor). Because if you are truly awake then you know that you are God. We are all God. We are all connected and are one with limitless potential.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Afterwards when service was ending i talked to my pastor and described to him what i was feeling, of the joy and awe, of feeling like i was in the presence of Jesus himself in all his Glory, that while trying to hold onto the message i could feel my spirit battling my body during worhip and the summon, my spirit was literally catching a glimpse of heaven and it was the most wonderful feeling in the universe. I felt like a star had burst into life inside me and i began to get hotter and hotter on the outside, the Holy Fire felt like i was being consumed and if i held onto his message any longer i thought i would burst into flames. At the end i was left feeling drained, like i had just took on a wrestling match with someone 10 times my size and 10 times my weight, and my pastor told me when the Holy Spirit comes to go ahead and surrender, even if it is during service, for the message it gives is more important than his because its coming from the Lord himself.

Sounds like an orgasm to me.
Good for you.

You can probably guess that I'm not a believer and thus I don't subscribe to what you are saying. I'm not doubting you had an experience, but to make the leap that it was the holy spirit, rather than your own body, induced with adrenalin and expectation is too much for me.

I will take my chances without the sky faeries.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

What a beautiful thing to say! I think Lonewolf will be blessed too!

Hey Lonewolf, just wanted to say, wow, and thank you so much for sharing what was revealed to you. What you wrote meant a lot to many who won't post anything on here, and to a handful that came on here and knew what you meant. I am with you on what you wrote. I believe you. It's real. Our reality. No one can take that away as hard as they will try for us to bend to their reality. We win in the end. No worries.

Our mind,
Our matrix,
Our God,
His son, Jesus Christ
All for One and One for all

Peace and thank you!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
what about those who dont believe in Christianity? Are we all Dammed? But we cant be since we dont believe in ur hell or in hell at all?

Ive posted the below previously, but these are my thoughts on the matter, and some things I have read

'Its not that way at all. Its not about believers and unbelievers, if this God exists then is it not possible that he recognises the deceit and forgery that has happened and will not hold the fact that you do not consider him to exist, as insulting as that may be to someone, against you because we were never told the truth.

If you have led your life as a good person, doing honorable things, treating all things with respect, and even certain misdemeanors would be accepted due to the poor human condition, you have absolutely nothing to worry about because your frequency, bear with me here, is already higher than people who choose to be bad and evil. As if there wouldnt be, he would see just what has been done to his name and purpose. If he exists.

The time may come where seeing is believing. If the world starts shaking and craft come and offer for you to go into their light beams, what choice will you make...will you live with the possibility that He/God just may exist, along with everything else we're told not to beleive in like Aliens and Spacecraft and NWO....because to completely rule it out may just leave you in quite the state if said events start occuring.

If Aliens and other life forms are possible, how is God not possible? Think of all the things we know nothing about, because we know only about this planet, and think of all the things God could be. We just dont know. But someone, long long ago, got messages from God and Angels, like people today get messages from Aliens and the Dead in todays world, and God and Angels...still.'

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Amazing...on how many flags this thread has received.

I don't know what else to say.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Felt the need to discuss this also.

The singularity event is just one of many inventions that have progressed our way of being, right up there with the discovery of agreculture and the phone.
It will fundamentally change our lives into something unimaginable, yet when it happens, it won't seem as magical as it does years beforehand.

As far as more to the mind than computation...says who? If you remove the brain, you die. if you mess around with the brain, your entire personality can change. If you damage the brain, etc...

Now, lets make an argument for a half second that the brain is just a reciever..well, is it the biomass that receives the connection, or the information itself...is a soul somehow able to connect to protein but not silicon?

The debate becomes a bit moot when you break it down into its elementry particles...

And end of the day, what is time on a cosmic infinate scale? a trillion trillion years would be a blink of an eye when you consider eternity.

First, allow me to address your comments on scripture. You are correct that there is no limit on the amount of forgiveness, but you cannot receive this forgiveness without faith through grace. Believing only at the time of judgement is no different than the faith of the demons:

"You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!". James, 2:19

Regarding the mind being just computation - yes, if you remove the brain you die, and damaging it can change your personality. But if you remove the heart of a man he will die and if you lock a man in a box and feed him through a hole for a month his personality will change also.

The idea that we are just complex machines is an absurd reduction based purely on the belief that there is no creator. There is simply no evidence that shows this. While I can't prove to anyone that God exists, I believe my faith in this comes from a source greater than any man, whereas faith in an understanding of consciousness that you know comes from men seems like much shakier ground.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Thankyou, for your testimony, I will see you on that GREAT DAY soon to come !

Apparently, many people HERE are easily INTIMIDATED, FRIGHTENED, and SELFISH when it comes to others beliefs, they want THIER SIMPLE IDEAS to own the conversation of the ENTIRE FORUM, they need to learn to be respectful and polite.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join