It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Spirit came to me and delivered a message during service.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yesterday started as any normal day at church, we walk around and greet eachother and the visitors after being separated for a week, followed by worship. On many a given sunday i can feel the Holy Spirit move through our church, but yesterday it was so very very strong. The songs came and with each passing minute i began to feel more and more the wonder/glory/awe/joy erupt and wash over me and i tried to hold onto it once our pastors' sermon began, the whole while i was trembling with exertion trying to contain the Holy Spirit's message until i could hold on no more and i began to testify before the church. The message was "the Lord has NOT forgotten us, he is coming right now, we WILL be rescued, make way, make way for the King is coming!" The message was so urgent and desperate i felt as though it was a warning for us to hold fast and be ready, and i immediately hit my knees and knelt in front of the altar, i felt as though i was indeed in the presence of our King, and all i wanted to do was kneel down and never get up.

Afterwards when service was ending i talked to my pastor and described to him what i was feeling, of the joy and awe, of feeling like i was in the presence of Jesus himself in all his Glory, that while trying to hold onto the message i could feel my spirit battling my body during worhip and the summon, my spirit was literally catching a glimpse of heaven and it was the most wonderful feeling in the universe. I felt like a star had burst into life inside me and i began to get hotter and hotter on the outside, the Holy Fire felt like i was being consumed and if i held onto his message any longer i thought i would burst into flames. At the end i was left feeling drained, like i had just took on a wrestling match with someone 10 times my size and 10 times my weight, and my pastor told me when the Holy Spirit comes to go ahead and surrender, even if it is during service, for the message it gives is more important than his because its coming from the Lord himself.

Be ready, it will not be much longer, our Lord's day draws near, in our lifetimes. Have courage and hold fast, soon we can go home!

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
can we have a date, or should we just hold our breaths until we die?
edit on 4-7-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That's good news ! something we all need

I've been wondering if anyone good was paying attention

+44 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Sorry, you were beaten to the punch several thousand years ago. Take a number and get in the back of the line, please. One prophet at a time; we're still waiting on Paul to be vindicated, and trust me, you are not of any calibre to supersede Paul - he's actually in The book, after all. So, just hold on to your horses, and wait for your number like a good prophet.

Thank you, and have a nice day
-management

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

You know as well as i there can BE no date, that information is not to be given to us, only Jesus knows the hour and day he will arrive. The message i recieved was that it would not be much longer, it felt so very very soon. Im not an emotional man but when the Spirit took hold of me i cried tears of joy, but the feeling i was getting was that we are going home soon, Jesus is making haste

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Amen! Thank you for sharing that powerful message.

Happy 4th to everyone and God bless!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Jesus is making haste

Why is He making haste? Are we in some kind of danger?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Since he was named King of Kings and Lord of Lords, also because he was decended from the line of David and the messiah, thats since when, but you would know all this if you were a believer, and you wouldnt doubt the message from a brother in christ when theyve recieved the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I dont mean to knock your beliefs, but when you can explain to me why an all seeing all powerful god that knows everything and is everything needs someone to act on his behalf, then i will listen a little more to what you have to say.

If you research the foundations of your religion, you may well learn something and also be quite surprised at what is revealed to you, i think that would be more of a revelation for you.

Enjoy

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Which of the genealogies given for Jesus' descent from David in the bible is accurate?

Further, since both claimed lines of descent end up with Joseph, then does it really count? After all, Jewish tradition traces family line through the female; Mary's lineage is never mentioned, and she is probably not of David's line.

Further, about Joseph; he's not actually Jesus' father, so what does his lineage matter?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AOA2012

That i can't answer, the Holy Spirit tells you what it does, my gift is not for interpretation, i was just the messenger it chose, why me i have no clue, i am not the most pious or holy christian out there, i believe in Jesus Christ its not up to me to determine or decide why He does what He does, we are His tools and it is not our place to question why the maker does what he does.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
let's stay on topic.

op said jesus comes soon, then he/she said he/she doesnt know when.

not much of a prediction, this should be in the rant section or in the gray area.
edit on 4-7-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Reminds me of the simpsons when there is a gas leak near the memorial thing and people halucinate mistaking these for religious visions. Sorry for my skepticism, its just religious people have claimed similar things for hundreds of years and some modern churches seem to focus on making the experience tailered to convince the audience that they are having these kinds of devine experiences. I also believe devoted religious practicioners who believe something so strongly can create this experiences in their own mind.

If he were coming as well now is hardly the time, you really think humanity has progressed to a point where we deserve to 'go home?''. I think if this were the case it would be a loooooong time before we would be ready, unless 95% of us are all going to hell!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Only God knows when the date of the Rapture is, as stated in Matthew 24:36 - Jesus himself states that not the angels in Heaven, nor the Son, know when that hour is, but the Father in Heaven.

Personally, many believe the Rapture would take place before the Great Tribulation.. which I don't believe.

Personally, I believe to be here until the last 40 days, when God's wrath is poured out - He stated he would save his Children from HIS wrath, but what is to come is not His wrath at all.. it is a combination of men playing with powers and Satan influencing this world that will cause destruction across our world.. and when God has had enough, he will take his Children up, and unleash his anger on the evil in this world.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You do realize that people have had these feelings and have been making this claim since he first stated he would return.

They have continually been proven wrong. So I'm curious why you are certain you are correct when these other people were just as certain.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sorry all thats out there is The Wizard of Oz,advanced occult technologies,smoke.mirrors black magic,psychotronic warfare crews and evil spirits sounds like you had a kundalini experience but I
can tell you there aint no Jesus,Kingdom of Heaven,Blessed saints or anything else its all a software package
that tunes you into a false reality,owned lock stock and barrel by the powers that be,God forbid you develop any real talent or capability its a truly demented and dangerous videogame for those of us that have.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by brommas

Again all we are, are the Lords tools, it is not up to us to question why He does as He wills, we are his soldiers in the field, we dont question orders we just do as we are commanded. If God wanted you to know everything he would tell you, it is not our place to question Him.

I am not saying i am a prophet, i was just given a message by the Holy Spirit. I don't know why i was chosen when there are clearly better christians than me, but God sees what we cannot and understands what we could never understand.

+33 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What you experienced is a hypnotic effect caused by a mixture of prayer, singing and emotion evoked during Mass. Similar effects can be seen in the revivalist and black congregations. You basically heard and saw what you expected presented in the form of beliefs you adhere to. There is nothing new you received that is not already in your head. It's a mental image or sound based on ideas you already hold.

If anything you had a meditative experience, the same effect can be had by focusing on a dot whilst keeping awareness on the experience you're trying to evoke (ie Jesus or Gods love). I would suggest you practice this as it's an excellent practice for the subconscious to sort and organize experiences which in turn allows you greater spiritual freedom and growth.

I would not be so fast as to call it a prophecy or a mystical experience. An enlightening experience, in relation to your beliefs maybe, divinely inspired most probably not. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by vjr1113

You know as well as i there can BE no date, that information is not to be given to us, only Jesus knows the hour and day he will arrive. The message i recieved was that it would not be much longer, it felt so very very soon. Im not an emotional man but when the Spirit took hold of me i cried tears of joy, but the feeling i was getting was that we are going home soon, Jesus is making haste

Why not guess at a date? Try Sept. 25, 26, or 27th or thereabouts.

The fur will fly! Word.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join