It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If We Don't Have A RIGHT To Question A Police Officer Then We Are Living In A Police State!"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Yes in the video she was just filming away, then the cop(s) made the first action...

original vid bottom of 14th page on this thread
edit on 3-7-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

since when is public service a danger fire fighters go through more burning buildings than police deal with guns blazing any day of the week but i never hear about them ive been to iraq 4 times as a USMC Infantry 0311 people were trying to kill me, no one in america wants to kill a cop

The replies in this thread are golden. No one wants to kill a cop? Just reading the replies in this thread would turn my blood cold, if I were a cop. There is so much cop hate.. you have to be joking.

Police as of last year, was the 10th most dangerous job. Stats:

Fatalities per 100k: 21.8

Fatalities in 2007: 146

Most common cause of death: Transportation incidents

Did you get that? TRANSPORTATION INCIDENTS - you know.. during traffic stops. LIKE THIS COP IN THIS STORY. Consider: as a cop, you stop someone for say.. going 20 over the speed limit. Doing 85 on a highway. Once stopped, you have to deal with the jerk doing 85 (who may be drunk or on drugs, and may be armed, may have a warrant, etc.) - you have to deal with people driving to avoid the stop - and you have to deal with all the people who hate the cop for doing their job. Are you saying they should not stop people going 20 over the speed limit while drunk? We should just let everyone drive around intoxicated?

If not, they need to do the job of stopping those people. And it's dangerous - more dangerous than apparently you realize.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I would love to see the mass chaos simply put it is exactly what we need american politics are mob rule police enforce that

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

maybe they should hire smarter people to be cops

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
what about all cops that are armed what if they are cynical and on drugs i can name a few the problem is you can rely on reports and statisitcs but i will tell you that for a certainty they are skewed in the police favor they are no longer a public service the way they are they are now a public threat i cannot speak for the whole world or country but i will say that is the fact here where i live

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I would love to see the mass chaos simply put it is exactly what we need american politics are mob rule police enforce that

No.. it's not. I realize this is ATS.. and there are many here who feel it would be perfect if our country went back to the old west.. where everyone had a six shooter, and you can simply shoot anyone who annoys you (the same folks that feel a natural disaster would be a "cool thing" to go through), but not everyone shares your desire for chaos.

There are many happy families who don't ever have an incident with cops. They actually DO have their freedoms.. they can protest, they can post what they want on the Internet, they have free speech.. but they are not idiots, and don't push it to force the issue simply for the thrill of doing so.

This country was founded on protest and desiring freedoms and rights. I get that. I just don't think many of you have a real clue what it meant then, as opposed to what it means now. So many in this country are so self-centered.. it's all about the "me," and it didn't used to be that way.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

since when is public service a danger fire fighters go through more burning buildings than police deal with guns blazing any day of the week but i never hear about them ive been to iraq 4 times as a USMC Infantry 0311 people were trying to kill me, no one in america wants to kill a cop

The replies in this thread are golden. No one wants to kill a cop? Just reading the replies in this thread would turn my blood cold, if I were a cop. There is so much cop hate.. you have to be joking.

Did you get that? TRANSPORTATION INCIDENTS - you know.. during traffic stops. LIKE THIS COP IN THIS STORY. Consider: as a cop, you stop someone for say.. going 20 over the speed limit. Doing 85 on a highway. Once stopped, you have to deal with the jerk doing 85 (who may be drunk or on drugs, and may be armed, may have a warrant, etc.) - you have to deal with people driving to avoid the stop - and you have to deal with all the people who hate the cop for doing their job. Are you saying they should not stop people going 20 over the speed limit while drunk? We should just let everyone drive around intoxicated?

If not, they need to do the job of stopping those people. And it's dangerous - more dangerous than apparently you realize.

Wow man... way to jump into the thread with this post...

No body is talking about doing what you mentioned at the start... i would never advocate that...

Also, No one is even talking about drunk driving... I agree drunk driving isnt cool at all, and should be stopped/fined...

No one is saying it isnt a tough job, but it seems to be a pretty common trend for cops to be taking our rights away ever so slowly these days, and just get us accustomed... Its just like the old saying on how to cook a frog... You put it in water and slowly heat the water until the frog is cooked... you dont turn it up too fast or else the frog jumps out of the water... And we are the frogs

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Legalize drugs,gambling, and prostitution. Execute violent offenders. Fire 3/4 of the police,prosecutors,judges,and close 90% of the prisons. Problem solved

I think you have something there and I agree with all your suggestions as well. I was trying to keep the changes minimal but why should we? Drastic times call for drastic measures. They are all good ideas that would help.Something has to be done before this escalates into an "us" verses "them" mentality that harms everyone.
edit on 4-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Just reading the replies in this thread would turn my blood cold, if I were a cop. There is so much cop hate..

people tend to hate things when they have had a bad experience, that is just the way it works. if there is police hate it has to be stemming from somewhere, most people do not just hate things for the sake of it.

it is a two way thing, you cannot expect police to go around talking to people like crap and being overthetop etc, and then have no police hate. people are not going to go "oh look, this cop is beating my face into the pavement, what a nice chap" or "oh i am being harrased for protesting and expressing my rights. i will knitt him a nice sweater"

alot of police hate comes from the fact people are treated either unfairly or rudely or thugishly by them at some point, and they have formed their opinions from it.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

lol.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Secondly, the lady was not arrested for recording the incident. She was arrested because she would not move back. A I have stated in other threads, you guys need to get that through your heads. She was NOT arrested because she was recording. Hell her own recording proves that.

I also find it intresting you guys ignore the females past history, namely the fact she has been arrested in the past for the exact same behavior while protesting foreclosures.
edit on 3-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

She was arrested because he thought she was "anti police". She was arrested because he needed to take power for himself. And she was arrested because he was angry that she was recording him. He felt helpless and didn't like someone above him, watching him. He had the choice to ignore her standing in her own yard as she held a recorder. She was not in the road where he was dealing with the suspect and she was not asking questions until he began a dialogue with her. And if she has been protesting foreclosures, good for her.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by morder1

Well, this woman is definitely getting her propaganda out there. I just wish her 15 minutes of fame were over, it will be soon though. I like how she is suing now…uh, for monetary damages. Too funny.

She is a professional agitator and a hate monger, plain and simple. She knows that as long as she is on camera, she will be untouchable. Unfortunately for her, and fortunately for the rest of us, she will fade away with the next story.

Move along, nothing to see here...and I do mean nothing.

At least this woman has guts to DO SOMETHING. She probably doesn't sit on message forums and just talk tough. She's at least DOING something to challenge abuses of power. And this cop did abuse his power. There was no need for an arrest. She's only lucky she didn't get beaten or raped like most women do by police.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

What part of standing in her own yard can be classified as interfering in a traffic stop?

The only thing that this woman was interfering with, was the officer's big fat power trip.
2nd

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

So are you saying that most people doing 20 over are drunk, or is it possible that cars today are capable of doing far greater speeds safely due to better design and engineering. you show no logic in this reply
edit on 4-7-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

So.. do the police have any rights at all? If someone has a device in the dark, as long as it's in the dark, they have NO right to try to protect themselves or other citizens? You are just another hater like so many others in this thread. Police "gang?" Are you kidding? This was a TRAFFIC STOP. There was no rudeness, it was handled well. The woman is clearly a rabble-rouser. I'm all for rousing rabble... when appropriate.

The only right the police had is the right to be pissed. He has a right to feel bad but he has 0 justification to act on it. They do not have right to privacy.

It's not appropriate when someone is trying to do their job. Would you like someone coming up and filming and recording YOU as you were working a dangerous job? You act as if police have NO RIGHTS at all.. mostly because you hate them. You have no idea if this guy is good cop or not. You like so many others, lump all police into the "bad guys" bin, which is a pity really. There are a hell of a lot of cops that are just trying to do their job, and help folks. There are jerks.. but there are jerks in every job. I have probably 10 complete jerks in my office I'd love to stick a boot up their arses.. it's a good thing they don't have guns and tasers. Cops are human.. some are jerks.. and they DO have guns and tasers. If you have a brilliant idea how to weed out EVERY cop who is overzealous in their duties, I'd love to hear it.

Appropriate? Seriously? A cop is a public servant and in this case was doing his duties in public. If he feels bad about being filmed he should get another job. Police have no rights at all to abuse their authority. We already know this guy isn't a good cop. Neither is the 2 fellow officers who were with him. A good cop wouldn't have done any of the stuff this guy did. As far as the other two go good cop would've stopped him from abusing his powers on the scene.

This woman obviously does on purpose to get attention and raise trouble. Just like the idiot who danced at the memorial - he was TRYING to get arrested. He did, and suddenly, cops are 'evil' for doing their jobs.

The woman wasn't charged. She wasn't hurt. She got the attention she wanted. Get over it.

It's not "raising trouble" if you don't do anything wrong. It would be just as much "raising trouble" to have an ugly mug or smile because it's a beatiful day by your logic. Also this incident doesn't have anything to do with the Jefferson incident.
The woman was cuffed without any cause. She was taken downtown. You say she wasn't hurt? You need to get over your pro cop bias.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I am glad she has decided to bring a civil action against the police. The only way left for the citizen who has his rights ignored by Police State thugs is to hit 'em hard in the pocketbook. It will probably will be settled out of court, which is OK.

The police union boss in this video is a good example of the type of ignorant brutish thugs that society must deal with.in today's Police State world. Bottom line...Avoid police like the plague. Never call the police, as they will probably end up arresting you. Eventually people may have to form groups of citizens to protect themselves, since they can no longer trust those who are supposed to be our servants, to do their job.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Reading all your comments is hilarious. None of you know anything about this woman yet you take her side. If you actually delved into the history of this woman, you will find that she's been arrested before at protests. Her whole sob story has been carefully crafted. It is all an act and you all unfortunately have fallen for it. Yay denying ignorance!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Justified arrest maybe not,squandering our tax generated payroll yes! Hit them where it hurts. Cut the budget and force management to keep efficient cops. Seems like we have to deal with that in our workplace.If they have time to run people in for this then there might be to many.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by SpectreDC

Thank you - and no its not the first time ive been invovled in this topic on this site -

ATS Thread - Police Arrest Woman For Videotaping Them From Her Front Yard: (Wait till you see this tape!)
ATS Thread - Case Dismissed Against Woman Arrested While Videotaping Police

and in both of those threads the underlying argument is false. She never was arrested for recording the Police. She was arrested for failing to oey a lawful command.

Since the charges were dropped by the PA, MS. Good has since filed a civil suit for false arrest and violatin her civil rights - which wont go anywhere.

They also ignore that MS. Good has been down this road prior to this incident, up to and including being arrested for failing to obey lawful commands by other officers while proteting foreclosures.

Oh, so we have to obey lawful commands do we? Nothing better than dogs are we?

"Please petition out of sight out of mind" is one of those nice commands. It's because the IMF and central banks have your best interests in mind. "Please be groped at the airport" because they are worried little children and the elderly are terrorists. "Please submit your will and roll over and die"....? I DON'T THINK SO...

Why? Because government knows best. Obviously. We see it all over the place.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

What are the other 9?
It would help to compare the paranoid and bully like antics of the people occupying the 9 more dangerous professions to understand how that justifies arresting someone for refusing to leave their own yard for no good reason.

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join