It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERICA.. Land Of The....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Really?

...and this profound observation mean exactly what, pray tell?

America is, and always shall be, what you make of it. Opportunities abound if you care enough to look for them. Don't tell me there aren't any, I see small business' springing up on a regular basis... I see people going off to school, and learning new trades. I'm going to be doing that very thing this fall.

Land of the slaves? Only if that's what you want to be... As I said, it's what you make of it.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
America is being turned into EXACTLY what the: 'elite', n.w.o., who ever; wants it to be...a land without "useless eaters". "They" want to reserve the land and restore it's beauty, without Y.O.U. on it!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
At the risk of making a broad generalization, from my perspective Americans are often easy to identify in online forums because many are.....how do I put this in a very polite Canadian fashion.......more forthright than most.

While it's a very big place with many diverse regions, one characteristic that many of you seem to share is boldness.

I think it's this fighting spirit that will help America recover. You can't keep a great nation down.

When I noticed this thread my instant reaction was America, land of the bold.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Really?

...and this profound observation mean exactly what, pray tell?

America is, and always shall be, what you make of it. Opportunities abound if you care enough to look for them. Don't tell me there aren't any, I see small business' springing up on a regular basis... I see people going off to school, and learning new trades. I'm going to be doing that very thing this fall.

Land of the slaves? Only if that's what you want to be... As I said, it's what you make of it.

Let me take you on a trip, you bring a camera and a blank journal... I'll take you to thousands of huge warehouses and businesses that are vacant, not shut down... But gone! left the country all together.

Yes there are opportunities for small businesses, but you have a skewed view of the actual reality that is happening in the USA now, and has been accelerating exponentially over the last 10 years.

You can deny it, and you can cling to hope and believe that change will come and save us all you want.

In a few years or less, none of that will matter when you finally see the end result.

Enjoy your oblivion while it lasts.

By the way, please also see my other posts on that page.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

I'm a licensed electrician, I'm actually a very important person in my community...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenFurnNW
reply to post by nuttin4U

I'm a licensed electrician, I'm actually a very important person in my community...

Bully for you.
Is that it?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Yep, that's happening all around us. Too true. Did you think I'd deny something so obvious? Not so oblivion bound as all that, thank you.

I also see entrepreneurs springing up all over the place. This very website being an obvious example. Small bookstores, and boutiques... Clothing stores... Mom and Pop business' of all sorts, shapes, and sizes. ...and, of course, the American farmer, who is, stories to the contrary, still alive and producing the foods that help feed the world.

America is opportunity. Naturally enough, there's a dark side to that, it's also a land where those dreams can be shattered by an illtimed decision or occurance. But that happens in life no matter what you're doing. Most dreams don't reach fruition, but the opportunity is there. That's all America is about. Opportunity. The rest is up to us...success or failure.

As long as those people still dream, and work towards that dream, America is still that beacon that so many die to reach, because like calls to like.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Yep, that's happening all around us. Too true. Did you think I'd deny something so obvious? Not so oblivion bound as all that, thank you.

You're welcome?

I also see entrepreneurs springing up all over the place. This very website being an obvious example. Small bookstores, and boutiques... Clothing stores... Mom and Pop business' of all sorts, shapes, and sizes. ...and, of course, the American farmer, who is, stories to the contrary, still alive and producing the foods that help feed the world.

Overall, there is far more contraction than growth... sorry, the truth is never fun.

Businesses and manufacturing, innovation and technological advancement are all moving out of the country.

Unemployment is worsening, the government is deeper in debt and deficit than ever before, and revenues are declining while dependence on entitlements are growing.

The American farmers are being phased out for larger corporate entities that are taking over the agricultural industries in the USA, it is becoming increasingly difficult for any small farmers to survive, and many are being bought out by larger and larger entities. At least we grow food right?

What is the current volume of genetically modified crops being produced?

How much do we export?

How much is converted biomass from corn and other edibles into fuels?

America is opportunity. Naturally enough, there's a dark side to that, it's also a land where those dreams can be shattered by an illtimed decision or occurance. But that happens in life no matter what you're doing. Most dreams don't reach fruition, but the opportunity is there. That's all America is about. Opportunity. The rest is up to us...success or failure.

Opportunity is a great thing, but if there isn't a dramatic improvement in the economy soon those opportunities are going to be harder to find.... Nearly every state government is also deep in financial crisis. States are also cutting, and that means more and more people are losing their jobs in government... and in the private sector.

It is hard to sell stuff to fellow Americans who's numbers of poor are growing and are unable to buy your goods or services.

As long as those people still dream, and work towards that dream, America is still that beacon that so many die to reach, because like calls to like.

Oblivion is grand, we can always dream!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

We seem to be bound and determined to see things differently... Glass half full/glass half empty comes quickly to mind.

Economic problems come and go. They have for the history of this country. The operative portion of that sentence is "go". Like others before, this one will run its course, and a recovery will ensue. It will be, as most are, driven by the entrepreneurial spirit that drives America. Dreams are the route out of oblivion, my freind. Why do you think so many people come here, or try to. People rafting in innertubes across shark infested waters from Cuba. Crossing deserts in the southwest from Mexico. Shipping themselves in containers from Asia. A dream. Of a better life for themselves and their children. That's what brought my great greats from Europe way back in the day. It's what takes me back to school after so many years away next fall.

All too often reality intrudes upon the dream, there's no denying that... But the opportunity still, and always, will remain to, at some point, fulfill that dream. It'll take work, lots of it. But what worth striving for doesn't require work?

Complain about the unfairness of it all, all you want. It's up to us fix what's wrong, and to protect what's right.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

In my opinion, NOTHING in our history compares to what is happening now, when you dig deep into all of it and look at it in totality, make some estimates and projections and understand what is at stake here.

Convincing you or anyone of it is futile, and really... unnecessary.

Some things you just have to experience to believe.

It will come to you one way or the other at some point in time... in my opinion.

Until then, we can play the optimist and pessimist here, or simply agree to disagree.

Neither will change the facts or the reality... Unfortunately.

Other than that, Have a splendid day.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

I am glad to read that you are aware and some of your generation is aware. I have seen the opposite - your generation is unaware and all the people I know who are aware are from the older baby boomer generation..

So maybe-just maybe all people are waking up!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Clearly we are the benefactors of bad policy that Washington has exploited. There is no common sense in Washington any more.

Truly the only way to change this is to "VOTE SO VOTE NEW" for get about the party put the new guy in!!

Government takes care of its self first, for example how many safe shelter are nation wide for gov officials and how many for the rest of us?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexedandconfused

I hope my generation is waking up, but so far everyone is too busy jerking off. .. But im spreading the word!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

what do you been by bullying?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join